Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!

Started by Anarchist86ed, Jan 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Author
Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama! (Read 88,316 times)

SiL

SiL

Thanks! Looking forward to the second part.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 18, 2018, 10:43:39 AM
Really liked the inclusion of the original derelict transmission audio. Wasn't a fan of Mother's sassy attitude. The Captain needs a bit more emotion in her voice as at the moment she comes across fairly flat and monotonous. So does John, but the reason why is obvious enough there.

I really dug that transmission! I'm not a massive fan of the redone version for the Director's Cut (accidentally wrote Derelict's Cut the first time) so I did love hearing that! I think your sound design is really great too - having things like this, Lance's recordings from 2010 and all the actual Alien sound effects worked really well for keeping it grounded in Alien. Really really liked that.

Same for the re-use of the Alien music. Normally I'm a little hesitant about the re-use of soundtracks in fan-made productions but I think it worked really well in here.

I actually liked Mother's attitude. I was gutted they deleted the sass from Alien: Covenant. There's something about giving AI attitudes that I enjoy but I can understand why others may not like it so much. I thought the same of John until I eventually realized why.

I'm really looking forward to Part 2! I will be front-paging this shortly and sharing to our socials.  :) How many episodes do you envision you'll be releasing and what sort of release schedule are you aiming for?

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Shoutout! Thanks.  ;D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 08:27:50 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 18, 2018, 10:43:39 AM
Really liked the inclusion of the original derelict transmission audio. Wasn't a fan of Mother's sassy attitude. The Captain needs a bit more emotion in her voice as at the moment she comes across fairly flat and monotonous. So does John, but the reason why is obvious enough there.

I really dug that transmission! I'm not a massive fan of the redone version for the Director's Cut (accidentally wrote Derelict's Cut first the time) so I did love hearing that! I think your sound design is really great too - having things like this, Lance's recordings from 2010 and all the actual Alien sound effects worked really well for keeping it grounded in Alien. Really really liked that.

Same for the re-use of the Alien music. Normally I'm a little hesitant about the re-use of soundtracks in fan-made productions but I think it worked really well in here.

I actually liked Mother's attitude. I was gutted they deleted the sass from Alien: Covenant. There's something about giving AI attitudes that I enjoy but I can understand why others may not like it so much. I thought the same of John until I eventually realized why.

I'm really looking forward to Part 2! I will be front-paging this shortly and sharing to our socials.  :) How many episodes do you envision you'll be releasing and what sort of release schedule are you aiming for?

I can't play alien isolation, my computer would be top of the line in north Korea, but I have all the ripped sound effects. And all the sounds from Aliens CM. Not a single one of the audio files is labelled. They're all numbered. It is an absolute nightmare to find what I need. It took hours to find the PUPS sound effect they used in colonial marines for part 2. How hard would it have been to name them?  ::)

Anyway, yes MUTHUR is designed to be a little more Human, but still obviously just be an obsolete computer. It's explained why she is the way she is later.

John is NOT David or Walter, he's a unique design and is more sophisticated than David was. So no, he does not look like Michael Fassbender as some people have asked.

Reusing music is simply a given. I can't compose my own and using anything else would not work at all.

The captain will practically not shut up in part 2. She wasn't in this much so there wasn't much to emote anyway.

A teaser for part 2: flute.

;)

Xeno from Chino

Xeno from Chino

That was a cool Audio story. I like how it references the events of Aliens and the atmosphere processor explosion and how the ending hints at what is to come. Very well done. I could listen to these audio stories all day about the Alien franchise. I wish I had more time to read the Alien novels you see a Barnes and Noble.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Feb 21, 2018, 03:58:35 PM
I can't play alien isolation, my computer would be top of the line in north Korea, but I have all the ripped sound effects. And all the sounds from Aliens CM. Not a single one of the audio files is labelled. They're all numbered. It is an absolute nightmare to find what I need. It took hours to find the PUPS sound effect they used in colonial marines for part 2. How hard would it have been to name them?  ::)

I hope you're going through labelling them then!  :laugh: I'd forgot how useful the sound effects in the games could be. I ripped AvP2's and used them for projects back in college.

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2018, 08:16:28 AM
Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Feb 21, 2018, 03:58:35 PM

I hope you're going through labeling them then!  :laugh: I'd forgot how useful the sound effects in the games could be. I ripped AvP2's and used them for projects back in college.

I've been deciphering them and placing them into folders like "door" or "power loader" or "LV426Ambience". Sometimes this involves having to go to youtube and watching lets plays to accurately find out what sound is what.

For example, the aforementioned pups sound:

The pulse rifle sounds in ACM are atrocious. They may have had the original sound effect, but man did they screw it up. And listening back to all the xeno sounds, it's obvious they just used pig sounds.

Isolation is no different. The sounds are so much better, but again not a single one is named. There are no files labeled "derelict ambience" or anything that would make it easy to find what I need quickly. I was so excited to find Seegson commercials I had to put them in just to celebrate finding them.

Way she goes.  :-\

XenoHunter99

I enjoyed it well enough. I do think all this is becoming a a twist on Fantasy Island. Every week, guests arrive on the island (wherever the island may be). There, the Alien waits and everyone will die. No Ricardo Montalban or Herve Villechaize, but there might as well be. Maybe a couple of Aliens could play the parts?  ::)

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Feb 23, 2018, 05:08:09 PM
I enjoyed it well enough. I do think all this is becoming a a twist on Fantasy Island. Every week, guests arrive on the island (wherever the island may be). There, the Alien waits and everyone will die. No Ricardo Montalban or Herve Villechaize, but there might as well be. Maybe a couple of Aliens could play the parts?  ::)

Thank you for skipping to the end and getting the story completely wrong.  ::)

XenoHunter99

Focus on the important part: I enjoyed it well enough. The rest is a weird image that formed in my head. It's about the whole genre, not specifically directed at you. So far, you're not breaking the mold, though. So, we'll see.  :-\

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Feb 23, 2018, 08:30:26 PM
Focus on the important part: I enjoyed it well enough. The rest is a weird image that formed in my head. It's about the whole genre, not specifically directed at you. So far, you're not breaking the mold, though. So, we'll see.  :-\

All I can tell you is there is only 1 face hugger. Wey-Yu aren't the villains, in fact they're in serious trouble of being bought out by Disney or Wal-Mart, and the aliens are completely different from what's been established. Spoilers otherwise.

XenoHunter99

Don't spoil your story. I'm going to listen to it!  :)

Anarchist86ed

A new short: DeadRock should be face hugging y'all soon.

Hudson

Hudson

QuoteWey-Yu aren't the villains, in fact they're in serious trouble of being bought out by Disney or Wal-Mart

I haven't listened yet, but my first question is to ask if the characters verbally refer to WY as "Wey-Yu" and my second question is to ask if Disney and Wal-Mart are meant to be villains in your story?

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Hudson on Feb 24, 2018, 06:58:46 PM
QuoteWey-Yu aren't the villains, in fact they're in serious trouble of being bought out by Disney or Wal-Mart

I haven't listened yet, but my first question is to ask if the characters verbally refer to WY as "Wey-Yu" and my second question is to ask if Disney and Wal-Mart are meant to be villains in your story?

Yes they do, and no they're not. They're a joke. Even though Disney actually does own Weyland-Yutani now.

You can now follow the twitter: https://twitter.com/AlienSolara

Perfect-Organism

This really is quite nicely done.  I hope that with the amazing results of the recent Titan book adaptations into audio, we will see more of these.  Somehow a few key sounds just capture the horror of the alien series so well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed