Carlos Huante Talks Early Prometheus & Alien: Covenant Scripts

Started by Whos_Nick, Feb 26, 2019, 12:41:54 AM

Author
Carlos Huante Talks Early Prometheus & Alien: Covenant Scripts (Read 28,100 times)

Samhain13

Oh well. Seems like Prometheus, Covenant had better ideas on its earlier version.

Baron Von Marlon

Proper sad.
Even more lost potential than Prometheus.

0321recon

0321recon

I think we'll never know who at Fox thought it was the right thing to kill off Shaw, then to make it worse do it off screen since from this, it shows Shaw worked well within the Covenant story, though someone decided otherwise.

Most of us can acknowledge watching Covenant, Daniels was a weak character, could the reason be was that Shaw and David were the main attraction and Daniels was just a third bit player. Though, after Shaw being cut, the writers tried to focus on David though never gave Daniels any story/narrative meat to augment her character to replace whatever role Shaw going to play since she comes off a bit bland, since its noticeable in the scripts we've read afterwards and the final cut of the film. To be frank, I didn't care for her when David reveals himself to her. If that was Shaw on the other-hand, it would had been a horrifying reveal, and gut punch to the entire audience. 

Oh well. Fox paid the consequences for their poor story choices.

SM

There as a lot of negative feedback about Shaw.  Mainly that she was dull and couldn't be a scientist because she believed in God.

SiL

The Old One

The Old One

Regarding the Alien Franchise?
Nothing's a greater failure beyond Prometheus.

Prometheus' lost effectiveness is... immesurable.

The Old One

Noomi Rapace's talent squandered, thoughtless.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Feb 27, 2019, 04:08:09 AM
There as a lot of negative feedback about Shaw.  Mainly that she was dull and couldn't be a scientist because she believed in God.

Not as bad compared to Daniels.

Baron Von Marlon

Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, woman.

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 27, 2019, 04:52:04 AM
Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, woman.

You're the baron of salty conversation.

LtJesseRipley

I hope Ridley dose a Directors Cut one day...

Samhain13

Shaw was far from the biggest issue on Prometheus, its just Fox failing to discover where it got screwed and taking it out on the first thing they notice, nothing new.

Quote from: SM on Feb 27, 2019, 04:08:09 AM
There as a lot of negative feedback about Shaw. Mainly that she was dull and couldn't be a scientist because she believed in God.

I would say the issue was remaining a Christian despite having full confirmation that we were created by aliens. It would take quite some headcanon to fit those 2 together.

P-Rock

Shaw was annoying (her and Holloway were an unlikable couple) so I didn't mind that she wasn't in Covenant, but Daniels was crying through the whole damn movie.

Voodoo Magic

What a shame. Ten minutes of Noomi Rapace has more onscreen gravitas than 2 hours of Katherine Waterston in my opinion. I thought Shaw was terrific in Prometheus, could have been the next Ripley, and I'm still bummed she didn't continue on.

Instead Shaw got punked like Hicks and Newt.

HumanPredator

those "meerkat" mouths look very predator like

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed