Alien 3 - Love it or Hate It

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 04:40:34 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Love it or Hate It (Read 62,703 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alien 3, IMHO, is the most underrated film in the saga. The question is, what do you think? I've always loved the film. It has a lovely gothic feel to it, advances the Aliens mythos and has a lovely score. The extended edition is even better. Sure, the film has quite a few plotholes but considering the trouble A3 went through, we're lucky we got the film we did.

It was a year or so ago now, but I read every draft written for Alien 3 and that made me appricate the film we got even more.

So over to you guys.

The Ultimate Predator

Mixed feelings, all in all, not bad, but I don't love it.

Mystic Lemons

Love, love, love.

Especially the Special Edition. It's like they put the plot that I always knew was there back in it.

Cabal

Cabal

I like the theatrical edition, but love the SE.

Corporal Hicks

I love the vocal tracks as well.

Mystic Lemons

I love Golic.

Corporal Hicks

"It wasn't me! It was the dragon!"  :P How can you not like criminals?

wolfboy

wolfboy

I never watched the theatrical cut, but I liked the Special Edition. Very under-rated. All they needed to do was polish up the CG alien. It looked like crap.

Mystic Lemons

The Alien in Alien 3 is not CG.

However, yes, they probably could go back with a bit of CG magic now and sort that out a bit.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I loved Alien 3  ;D I dont know why people hated it, I ask them why they hate it and people just say "oh its shit" the same with Predator 2, people say they hate it because its in a city and Arnie isnt in it, if it was in a jungle with arnie again, you just get Predator 1, the movie is called Predator 2 not Dutch Schaffer 2  :P

Shaak

Shaak

I love it, although my opinion has changed since the first time I saw it in theaters.

In 1993 I thought it was very depressed and I hated the way the dog is killed.

Later I hated that Michael Biehn didn't appear in the film >:(

But now with the extended edition many scenes make sense, the pace is slow but overrall it's a more satisfactory product  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I actually like P2 as much as P1. There's a CG alien in the SE I think, but he might be talking about the Mo-Motion stuff with the Runner along the roof.

The Ultimate Predator

P2 is no way near as good as P1. I liked the Alien, I thought it looked alright, I might re-watch it again at some point.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I love the Alien 3 director's cut.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I really don't like the movie at all, yet i can't help myself from watching it every time it comes out on t.v. probably because it's the movie from the franchise that i have watched the least

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed