Alien Day 2019

Started by 1979Ash, Jan 21, 2019, 06:51:03 AM

Author
Alien Day 2019 (Read 32,120 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Reebok Is Bringing Back the Lance Bishop-Approved Alien Stomper

QuoteRidley Scott's 1979 film Alien is praised as one of the best sci-fi films ever made. To celebrate the film's 40th anniversary, Reebok is bringing back a special edition of the mid-top Alien Stomper famously worn by one of the film's protagonists Lance Bishop in the 1986 sequel Aliens.

Not quite as extravagant as the ultra high-cut pair worn by main hero Ellen Ripley in the film, this pair is a much more wearable height. The shoe maintains its OG appearance with a cream leather upper, grey suede on the heel and strap, large midfoot strap, and red detailing. Reebok branding can be seen on the lateral and medial portion of the strap, ankle strap, and heel.

SiL

SiL

"To celebrate Alien, here's a shoe from a different movie" :laugh:

Where are the Brett sneakers or Lambert cowboy boots, dangit.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2019, 05:31:02 AM
"To celebrate Alien, here's a shoe from a different movie" :laugh:

That's what I was thinking.  :laugh:

I kept looking back and forth at lance bishop, ridley scott, lance bishop, 1979 to celebrate the 40th anniversary, aliens 1986.

Like...What?  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I don't care  :P I wanted another chance to get a pair of these.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Insta buy! I got the queen vs power loader shoe set and people always take notice when I (sparingly) wear them.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nothing says celebrating 40 years of Alien like shoes.... from Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Technically they're coming out on Alien Day, the day that celebrates the franchise as a whole so...you know.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I hear you brother, and I guess I couldn't pass up an opportunity to be nitpicky, but "Bishop" and "40th Anniversary" do both appear in the name of the shoe:

Reebok Alien Stomper Bishop Edition "40th Anniversary"
Release Date: 04/26/19
Color: Scarlet/Snowy Grey/Castle
Style #: DV8578
Price: $180

Hey, maybe they will release Brett's shoewear in 2026!  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

"Snowy gray."

My new favorite color name. c:

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 18, 2019, 11:35:12 AM
Nothing says celebrating 40 years of Alien like shoes.... from Aliens.

ALIEN day cleberates when ALIEN (1979) kicked off the ALIENS franchise.

If AVP-GALAXY or ALIEN Day only covered ALIEN there wouldn't be the very website you are reading!

SiL

SiL

Sure, but the actual post about the shoes -- from the makers -- specifically mentions that it's in honour of the 40th anniversary of Alien.

Like yeah, Alien Day is for the series as a whole, but they'e specifically jumping onto the 40th anniversary of the original film for the release. That's different.

Huggs

Huggs

Maybe they'll release Marty's back to the future shoes for the 40th anniversary of Terminator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2019, 06:19:56 PM
Maybe they'll release Marty's back to the future shoes for the 40th anniversary of Terminator.

I'd buy those!

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 18, 2019, 06:33:30 PM

I'd buy those!

Well then they have to release Kyle Reece's trench-coat for the 58th anniversary of Short Circuit

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 18, 2019, 08:40:20 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 18, 2019, 06:33:30 PM

I'd buy those!

Well then they have to release Kyle Reece's trench-coat for the 58th anniversary of Short Circuit

I'd buy that too!

It looks like I'm buying me some Alien 40th Anniversary Bishop sneakers! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed