How about an Alien 3 based video game developed by Creative Assembly?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 02, 2018, 02:27:52 PM

Author
How about an Alien 3 based video game developed by Creative Assembly? (Read 5,043 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I'd prefer Dead Space with Neomorphs over RE7 with Snatchers but I'll take what I can get.

Corporal Hicks

Personally, I'd love to see an Alien game with destructible scenery where killing Aliens causes damage to the environment.

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2018, 08:27:22 AM
Personally, I'd love to see an Alien game with destructible scenery where killing Aliens causes damage to the environment.

It would definitely limit your options in certain situations, since there would be consequences. Which I think is a good thing. Knowing you could rupture the hull would make you have to think quickly.

What about another Isolation style game where your choices determine the ending? Have multiple situational choices. Different missions to be chosen from. Sending someone else on a mission instead of doing it yourself results in their death or being infected. Or escaping a xenomorph instead of killing it results in a certain character being killed by it later in the game, which then changes the whole story. Or maybe you chose to trust the wrong people, or you fail to maintain trust with another survivor and they turn on you. Leading you into a trap and disappearing. Leaving you to die.

Your decisions during the game would result in an ending where somebody is infected and you don't know it until it's too late. The good ending would be the survivors escape and fade to black. The bad ending would be somebody bursting while the survivors are calming down after escaping. It would make for high replayability, as choices, equipment, and survivor trust and relationships would make for different experiences.

SM

What about a tabletop RPG?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 05, 2018, 06:30:51 PM

It would definitely limit your options in certain situations, since there would be consequences. Which I think is a good thing. Knowing you could rupture the hull would make you have to think quickly.

What about another Isolation style game where your choices determine the ending? Have multiple situational choices. Different missions to be chosen from. Sending someone else on a mission instead of doing it yourself results in their death or being infected. Or escaping a xenomorph instead of killing it results in a certain character being killed by it later in the game, which then changes the whole story. Or maybe you chose to trust the wrong people, or you fail to maintain trust with another survivor and they turn on you. Leading you into a trap and disappearing. Leaving you to die.

Your decisions during the game would result in an ending where somebody is infected and you don't know it until it's too late. The good ending would be the survivors escape and fade to black. The bad ending would be somebody bursting while the survivors are calming down after escaping. It would make for high replayability, as choices, equipment, and survivor trust and relationships would make for different experiences.

I like this idea a lot, I actually thought Isolation would've been perfect for RPG choices, choose to help survivors or not, trust or not, etc

The only thing I don't like is the idea of it only effecting the ending in a binary way- I would prefer something more along the lines of Mass Effect's suicide mission where different aspects are changed depending upon the choices you've made. Perhaps an opportunity they missed with Isolation is the understated choice of whether to take a life or not.

The most interesting development of all that could be encountering the Alien could temper you into something new.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 05, 2018, 06:30:51 PM

That's precisely why I'd like it! If you're not careful you can block your way through the area, forcing you to go another way. Or...it could offer a solution and open a new route for you. I appreciate it would take some considerable thinking when it came to level design, though.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2018, 11:51:08 AM
I remember Gary Napper saying he'd like to do something like a DLC based on A3. It's a shame that never materialised.

I love the potential raised by an Alien 3 based  game running on the Isolation engine, with A.I routines for the Xeno hopefully less scripted, but from a commercial point of view, it would have to be either DLC or a cheaper, digital only release.

I just couldn't see a market for it,as a full price,physical product.

If not Alien 3,  then how about DLC from Aliens?

The storyline of Newt lends itself very well to an Isolation type experience.

You could start the game as the colonists are over run by the xenomorph's and your goal is to simply survive until the colonial marines arrive, Rebecca's state of mind/mental health (basically being in a state of deep shock throughout)  could make for some interesting gameplay elements, as could the day/night cycle..with her stating the aliens mostly came out at night,so you would have a limited window of when it was safe to move around etc.

Gearbox did say they played around a little bit with the concept of Alien blood deforming the environment in Aliens:C.M, but didn't go crazy with it, just kept it dangerous and deadly.

Huggs

What about something where you play one character in a group of several survivors. Each character has their own strengths, skillsets, and backstory. You've been getting used to your character, the talk of the family they want to get back to, and adapting to his/her unique talents, when you get killed. But instead of checkpoints of starting over, that character dies for good, and you are switched to a different one.

For example, if there was a Dallas in the vents scenario, and you were the character in the vents and were killed, you'd be switched to the guy operating the tracker. And now you're him. The selection would be random, and you'd have no choice in who your new character was. And the loss of your previous character effects the storyline and the moral/circumstances of the group.

Perfect-Organism

If the alien blood burns the floor, it could become a fall hazard.  You don't have to eat through the hull to cause trouble with Alien acid blood...

lost dragon

Alien blood was rather crudely implemented in AVP on the Atari Jaguar..massive great puddles of it which was O.T. T when you killed a Xenomorph.

A better idea would be similar to that of the Acid Grenades you can develop in Xcom II... Have it create a hazard that burns armour/causes damage,but only for a period of time.

Perfect-Organism

I think it already does that mostly.  Mostly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed