Aliens Versus Predator The Original Comics Series, Coming soon ?

Started by Russ840, Oct 25, 2017, 10:14:14 PM

Author
Aliens Versus Predator The Original Comics Series, Coming soon ? (Read 1,810 times)

Russ840

Russ840

So I half expected this to happen and although not a confirmation, it looks like we are Going to be getting a fancy pants release of the original AVP comic in the same vain as the 2 Aliens Vol's and the Predator one that we have.

The pic is from a comic book forum I chat on and I'll need to to get some more info but as shown In the pic, on the thread, Coming Soon Aliens Versus Predator, advertised on a page with the 4 books so far released in this 'Original Comics Series' format.

This is the link to the page. You need to scroll down a bit.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?1571-Dark-Horse-Hardcover-and-Collected-editions/page105

happypred

Could you show the pic directly in this thread?

I think you have to be a member to view the pic in the CBR thread

Russ840

I initially tried to put the pic in the OP but it was too large.

Corporal Hicks

Can you save it and upload to Imgur or email to me?

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2017, 06:06:45 AM
Can you save it and upload to Imgur or email to me?

I'll email you now mate.

Just sent Hicks. Let me know if you got it.

Corporal Hicks

Got it. Thanks for the share.

I'll pick it up, no doubt, but I'd still rather a complete recolour from Wes Dzioba.

Russ840

I hope that this a recoloured but I doubt it. Each release so far has had less extra materials so I doubt a recolour is what we will get.

It does beg the question though, what colouring we will be getting?  The original issues were all over the place regarding the colouring and the 0 issue that collected the Dark Horse Presents 'prologue' story were black and white. Then we got a recolouring for the original trade to make the art more consistent. These books so far have been reprinting the absolute original material, even down to the omission of the extra page of art Den did for the Nightmare Asylum Trade. I would hate to have an inconstant book but the trade re colour is not great.

This is one story that would really benefit from a complete re-recolour.  The line work really is not done justice. It looks so much better in that special reprint, for the DVD I think ? 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 26, 2017, 09:24:00 AM
This is one story that would really benefit from a complete re-recolour.  The line work really is not done justice. It looks so much better in that special reprint, for the DVD I think ? 

The 2010 game. Yeah, that recolouring was just fantastic and that was done by Dzioba. I doubt it will be either but I can keep hoping.

Russ840

I hope so too.

I just got confirmation that that tease is the last page of the new Terminator Hardcover.

Kailem

I'm always of two minds about recolouring, even when it's done well. The original AVP is something I have very specific and fond nostalgic memories of, so I feel like even if it was recoloured there's a high chance I'd just think it looked "off" (like the cover for the recent Predator hardcover; I just miss the bright blue armour of the original Concrete Jungle cover, even if the recoloured version is technically more accurate).

But then I've still got the original trade anyway, so it's not like I couldn't still enjoy the original colouring if I wanted. :laugh: Either way I'll probably pick this up whenever it comes out, and whenever I've finally gotten round to getting that aforementioned Predator hardcover and the second volume of Aliens.

happypred

Agreed...the 2010 issue #0 recolour was amazing

Russ840

Here's hoping that this get a confirmation for release in Dark Horse's March solicits.

I hate for it to not be published due to the Disney/Fox deal that's just been confirmed.

I'd like to think that if Dark horse loose the licence, to Marvel, they will just churn out some more of these books in the time they have left with it. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed