Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 89,134 times)

KiramidHead

I should say that following the second draft at least spared us from having fifteen scenes set in the isolation bubble thing.

HuDaFuK

And that weird bit where someone gets bitten on the leg and then a dozen Chestbursters erupt out of them.

Kradan

Kradan

I hope that bad boy'll make an appearance !

Also, is it just me or this early Alien's design resembles this guy ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fokken prawns!

Not seen this shared yet: Issue #1 variant cover by Walt Simonson (who of course did the original Alien adaptation comic).

Dark Horse's site won't let me share a bigger version but you can see it by going here: https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3007-457/Alien-The-Original-Screenplay-1-Walter-Simonson-Variant-Cover#prettyPhoto

Kane's other son

That's what's cool about this adaptation. Not a different story but a different aesthetic for a familiar story.

Corporal Hicks

Oh that's f**king awesome that Simonson is doing a variant!

KiramidHead

Simonson is amazing, I'd love to see him draw one of these script adaptations in full. His style as seen in his Thor run would actually fit Ward's visual ideas very well.

FenGiddel

And with that artwork, "knee-horns" entered the ALIEN universe...

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 24, 2020, 11:12:57 AM
Also, is it just me or this early Alien's design resembles this guy ?

Hah! You're right. Could be a cousin...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 18, 2020, 04:49:45 AM
I'd like to see them collaborate with Gibson and create a sequel to his Alien 3 from scratch. That ending is just begging for a follow up.

Ya.  I'm open to the series going in a hundred different directions.  Pretty tired of the silly fight over people's differing opinions on the future of the series in terms of what's canon.  The best thing about the Aliens series is the idea that you don't know where the alien things come from or what they will lead to.  Once you know these things, the magic vanishes.  So take it in different directions I say.  Be brave about it, and abandon the idea of Canon.  That's for kids' films like Star Wars.  As long as any story paths are internally consistent then it's all good.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 24, 2020, 12:04:30 PM
Not seen this shared yet: Issue #1 variant cover by Walt Simonson (who of course did the original Alien adaptation comic).

https://d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers/300/30/3007457.jpg

Dark Horse's site won't let me share a bigger version but you can see it by going here: https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3007-457/Alien-The-Original-Screenplay-1-Walter-Simonson-Variant-Cover#prettyPhoto

The new Jockey look great so far.  :o

Kailem

"I am Groot's deadbeat dad!"

FenGiddel

Maybe it's a "knee-oh-morf"?

HuDaFuK

Publisher's summary would seem to indicate they will indeed be using alternate Alien designs.

QuoteAn all new Alien with an all new Alien!

En route to back to Earth, the crew of the starship Snark intercepts an alien transmission. Their investigation leads them to a desolate planetoid, a crashed alien spacecraft, and a pyramidic structure of unknown origin. Then the terror begins...

Also note the use of Snark for the ship.

KiramidHead

Sounds like the ship will be pretty sarcastic. ;)

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2020, 01:32:20 PM
Publisher's summary would seem to indicate they will indeed be using alternate Alien designs.

QuoteAn all new Alien with an all new Alien!

En route to back to Earth, the crew of the starship Snark intercepts an alien transmission. Their investigation leads them to a desolate planetoid, a crashed alien spacecraft, and a pyramidic structure of unknown origin. Then the terror begins...

Also note the use of Snark for the ship.

I remember after reading my brothers' making of Alien book in the early 80s, drawing a ship at school and calling it Snark. My friends never got the reference  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed