Alien Isolation : Post Mortem

Started by hellrasinbrasin, Nov 16, 2014, 09:15:18 AM

Author
Alien Isolation : Post Mortem (Read 18,473 times)

ClockworkHorror

I loved it. It's the only game that had me terrified to load it up for all the right reasons. The story was grounded in a plausible reality, and the characters, especially Amanda, had a lot of life to them. The sound design was top notch, it really made Sevastapol come alive. And they made the Alien terrifying again, not some insectoid bullet sponge. This is the game I've always wanted to play. I'd love to see CA do more.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ClockworkHorror on Nov 24, 2014, 02:29:54 AMIt's the only game that had me terrified to load it up for all the right reasons.

:laugh: I had that on my first run through. Some nights I'd consider it and just think, "Nope. Not this evening."

Keg

Keg

Two games ive played this year have had me sweating and feeling too uneasy and unnerved to continue playing and its this and Outlast. However despite the fact that Outlast scared me more than any other game ever has, on a second play through it lost all, and i mean all of its scare factor. With Alien I found the tension doesnt go away on a second playthrough. Sure it wasnt as bad but it certainly doesnt disappear altogether like it did with Outlast.

Sagit

Sagit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2014, 08:45:32 AM
Quote from: ClockworkHorror on Nov 24, 2014, 02:29:54 AMIt's the only game that had me terrified to load it up for all the right reasons.

:laugh: I had that on my first run through. Some nights I'd consider it and just think, "Nope. Not this evening."

And here I thought I was the only one with "no...not today" issue...

The Replacement

The Replacement

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 17, 2014, 08:39:40 AM
I thought it was brilliant, and certainly the best Alien game we've had since... Well, AVP2.

Playing through it again now, it's still brilliant (although, after playing on hard, it's stupidly simple on easy).

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 17, 2014, 04:09:13 AMA fun oneshot ride and supremely inspired if technically flawed and canonically laughable.

How is it 'canonically laughable'?
For a first time play, I'm shocked that anyone could play it on anything other than hard. Angry Joe played it on medium.....FOR SHAME!!! This game scared the crap outta me and into my pants....Loved every horribly stressful minute. And remember......always crouch.........always.....

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2014, 08:45:32 AM

Lol, I've finished it and I want  a replay, but I'm chicken shit, the game really gives me that terror I felt as a kid watching the original movie (took me months to rewatch Alien and Aliens the same year, one year after the squeal's release (age 9 at the time). I WANTED to watch them again, but I knew the pain I was in for, so it took me a while to build up to it!
Any movie/game that can make you feel like that is good in my book.

Gate

Gate

Finally finished the game and I don't think I will ever experience a horror game like this ever again. This blows shit like Resident Evil, Dead Space, and Silent Hill out of the f**king water. Also I don't understand the length of the game being a problem but I was forced to take breaks due to my laptop overheating during gameplay, coupled with anxiety and other issues made me finish the game two months late.

The alien AI really is unpredictable. For a long time at the beginning I see a formulaic pattern emerge, but boy did THAT f**kING CHANGE MIDWAY..

I will never ever trust synthetics in any game ever again. Ever.

Corporal Hicks

It really makes me happy to see such an overwhelming positive reaction to this game.

PRJ_since1990

Best Alien game ever.  Sorry for my absence but I dared not browse the site before I finished the game in fear of spoilers. Best Alien game ever. Played through on Hard from day one (Xbone) and I only recently finished it. I died a lot and found myself completely screwed a few times due to the lack of resources. Had me terrified right on through. Everything from aesthetics to musical cues from the film to palpable desperation and hardships of the characters... CA nailed it. Honor has been restored to the video game world of Alien(s).

Also played through both DLCs for preordering. They were sweet. Not 100% movie accurate but done well enough that it didn't bother me.
Best Alien game ever.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Gate on Dec 01, 2014, 11:15:59 PM
Finally finished the game and I don't think I will ever experience a horror game like this ever again. This blows shit like Resident Evil, Dead Space, and Silent Hill out of the f**king water. Also I don't understand the length of the game being a problem but I was forced to take breaks due to my laptop overheating during gameplay, coupled with anxiety and other issues made me finish the game two months late.

The alien AI really is unpredictable. For a long time at the beginning I see a formulaic pattern emerge, but boy did THAT f**kING CHANGE MIDWAY..

I will never ever trust synthetics in any game ever again. Ever.

I love Dead Space (especially the first one) but I completely agree.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Gate on Dec 01, 2014, 11:15:59 PM

Modern Resident Evil sure but not classic.

Gate

Gate

So it got nominated at the VGA's for Best Action Adventure but couldn't compete with Shadows of Mordor in the end.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Gate on Dec 06, 2014, 05:22:42 PM
So it got nominated at the VGA's for Best Action Adventure but couldn't compete with Shadows of Mordor in the end.
It was also nominated for best soundtrack, but lost out to destiny...

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Just finally finished last night - best Alien experience I've had since 1992.

When they first announced the game, I was pretty loudly opposed to the whole 'Ripley Connection'. I eased up over time, and now that I've seen it play out, I'm actually glad that that's the story direction they took. Amanda gave it so much more emotional weight than 'Random Inspector #214' would have. And going this route enabled them to give us Sigourney's beautifully-delivered message to her daughter. I admit I actually felt a bit choked up, there.  :'(

I think back to that early leak where somebody said "you spend the game shooting your way through clones and soldiers", and how my interest just plummeted. Now, I could just drop to my knees and praise the Great Gaboob that we got what we did, in the end.  :D

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Engineer on Dec 06, 2014, 06:36:31 PM
Quote from: Gate on Dec 06, 2014, 05:22:42 PM
It was also nominated for best soundtrack, but lost out to destiny...

Ridiculous, Destiny is utter trash.

Keg

Keg

Action Adventure though? Strange category to put it in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed