Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 26, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

Do you consider Alien Isolation canon?

Yes
57 (73.1%)
No
21 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author
Do you consider Alien Isolation canon? (Read 8,811 times)

razeak

I think approaching gameplay mechanics as being on the same level of the hows and whys of film is what's causing you such a hard time with understanding Amanda's inclusion and the xeno's actions. I mean, why don't the marines just rip off the cocoons or inject themselves with super healing miracle drugs? You really have to just look at it as far as story goes Amanda had some close brushes with some aliens and managed to escape.  If you bog it down in every movement the game characters make, it's impossible to make it work, but it's a game that requires interaction you don't get in movies.

Can someone explain to me what makes Amanda shoehorned in?

And why are we putting faith in what Burke says? He also told Ripley they were going in with a mission to wipe out the aliens. That was a half truth at best.

I still don't see a contradiction, though I'm open to them if their is some logic or reason behind it. I think you raise some good points, I just think they can be explained in a manner not contradicting the films.

I also think them not investigating LV-426 after the loss of the Nostromo is very easy to explain away if a few execs/employees were in on it and covered their tracks to avoid prosecution. It's not even remotely far fetched.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed