Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 66,457 times)

PsyKore

I like the way they sound, myself. Very in line with the "baby elephant" screams from the movie. As long as I don't hear any silly dinosaur grunting, ala AvP2010, I'll be content.  :)

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 23, 2012, 08:03:15 AM
Quote from: escroto on May 23, 2012, 07:35:51 AM
Quote from: SM on May 23, 2012, 04:54:46 AM
I'm not hearing a great deal wrong with the sounds.  There is some machine gun sounds that don't sound much like pulse rifles or smart guns.  But there's also sounds that sound just like pulse rifles and smart guns.  Which sound the same anyway.

The tracker at the start is a bit too low in pitch, but it still sounds like a tracker.
aliens sound like frogs when dying, and most of their sounds are ADI, nota Cameron's. There our 100% material truthful to Cameron eh Gearbox? :laugh:
Nope the sounds are right out of 'Aliens', sorry.
now that gotta be kidding me. Man, are we talking about ACM anytime we speak each other?, because I'm getting a bit lost already.

Quote from: PsyKore on May 23, 2012, 09:35:45 AM
I like the way they sound, myself. Very in line with the "baby elephant" screams from the movie. As long as I don't hear any silly dinosaur grunting, ala AvP2010, I'll be content.  :)
man I really dislike those space lizard or raptor sounds you are talking about. The fact that those aliens (and now the ACM ones) are aimed to the casual audience and primarily kids really sours me. :laugh:

mastermoon

Watch them push the game to the end of next year.

Wow that would be a nightmare :o.

Gosutoraida

If they do, so what? It's a game.

War Wager

Indeedy.

A game like this doesnt stand a chance against the bigger gaming franchises, makes perefct sense they moved the release.

Mechafist

Mechafist

I disagree.

They are not pushing it because of other franchises.

If they needed to compete with Halo or CoD they would be launching it a little after Prometheus.Giving more hype to the franchise, but well...they are not doing this :)

I need to say too that the more this game is being polished the more i am getting exiting to it.
This shows me that Gearbox do care for this game.

mastermoon

I understand why movie release dates are pushed but why keep pushing video games ::).

The production will never get anywere for that game, it's been 10 years now.

They sure love dragging it out.

Mechafist

Quote from: mastermoon on May 24, 2012, 12:28:40 AM
I understand why movie release dates are pushed but why keep pushing video games ::).

I am sure this time is for real  :P

In the beginning of the development they didn't give us many info but now they gave us info in the interviews, magazines and videos.

The only thing that really bothers me is that people will try to find out videos of A:CM on the youtube and probably will get a gameplay from 2011, one from 2012 and another from 2013.

It's kind of hilarious that we will have a gameplay video for each year  ;D

Deathly_rYaN

In reality the game has been in actual development about 2 years ago i think maybe 1 and a half years

ShadowPred

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on May 24, 2012, 01:41:05 AM

In reality the game has been in actual development about 2 years ago i think maybe 1 and a half years

Announced 2007. Feb. 2008 I believe was when it was featured on the cover of Game Informer. Late 2008 it was delayed for the first time.

Tex

"It's been in development for 18 months." Randy Pitchford
the original title was cancelled and hence scraped so they had to start again
According to an old source can't find again :/ said by unknown (can't remember)

robbritton

I know you're having trouble with this, but maybe it bears saying again: the game 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' which was meant to come out in 2002 was a different game. It is categorically not the one we're waiting for now. Gearbox's game just has the same title, 'cause - y'know - it's a good title.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Tex on May 24, 2012, 04:13:05 AM
"It's been in development for 18 months." Randy Pitchford
the original title was cancelled and hence scraped so they had to start again
According to an old source can't find again :/ said by unknown (can't remember)

Well that's interesting.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: robbritton on May 24, 2012, 10:51:59 AM

I know you're having trouble with this, but maybe it bears saying again: the game 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' which was meant to come out in 2002 was a different game. It is categorically not the one we're waiting for now. Gearbox's game just has the same title, 'cause - y'know - it's a good title.

:D

Oh lordy...

WinterActual

I don't care if the game was in development for 18 months only. Its still the same game announced back in 2006. Just like DNF was the same game announced in 1997. No matter how starts from scratch they've made or how long it was in ACTUAL development, its still the same game which all the fans are waiting for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed