Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 66,481 times)

escroto

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 21, 2012, 11:06:39 PM
i find it hilarious that people really think that when a game gets delayed they put any more work in it.

its like you've never been in a videogame release before.
Now that's what I'm talking about.

"It is all for the better"  "You're overreacting" (waiting for this game for 10 years now xD, but hey bro you overreact) "More time means a better game" (goood, let us wait for the 20 years delay mark ok?  :laugh:l)

I think you are right. It is like If this people enjoyed covering their eyes and singing ALALALALAL everytime they are treatened like retards again

GB reputation hangs in the balance, definitely.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 04:49:51 AM
Aliens Colonial Marines is an epic failed...
How can people say things like this unironically when the game isn't even out yet? ???

Tex

all you guys are complaining about a delay, yeah sure....they delayed it again.
But I'd rather they did a good job rather than handing us something that is 'almost' complete.
The last thing they need is another Duke Nukem (I actually enjoyed the game ::)).
Just use your head, have some patience and it will be released....oh well I'm gonna go back to playing with my Pulse rifle  ;D

robbritton

To all the 'that's it, i'm out' crowd - Half-Life 2 was delayed time and again and is one of the best games ever made. DNF was too and is rubbish. Being delayed is neither a mark of quality nor a guarantee of failure.

I dunno, as an adult I find it remarkably easy to say, "oh well then, I'll wait 'til February". Seriously, it'd be barmy to release ACM against Halo 4 and the new COD. Business wise it's an entirely sensible decision. 'cause, y'know, if it sells well then people are more likely to make more Aliens stuff. How is that bad?

Just relax. Prometheus is still coming this year. Plenty of other ace games are coming out. If you're really lucky some amazing real life stuff might happen to you to! This situation is so far from being the end of the world as to be ridiculous.

Take it from a veteran of the uk timed Sony exclusive release of Ghostbusters. It'll all be fine.

Tex

yeah and those that feel that they have waited too loong read this;
http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/876/33/

the game was 'released' to press earlier than the other titles not a 'longer' wait which you claim.
I trust them to do as they say.

OpenMaw

Quote from: robbritton on May 22, 2012, 08:20:42 AM
To all the 'that's it, i'm out' crowd - Half-Life 2 was delayed time and again and is one of the best games ever made. DNF was too and is rubbish. Being delayed is neither a mark of quality nor a guarantee of failure.

Half-Life 2 was delayed one major time as far as I know. From 2003 to 2004. Everything before that was a matter of developing ideas and getting the technology into place.

I dunno, as an adult I find it remarkably easy to say,

You know, that really sounds like you're implying that anyone who doesn't agree with that sentiment is somehow not looking at this in adult terms...

...As if Gearbox has behaved like a professional group of adults about all this.

Just relax. Prometheus is still coming this year. Plenty of other ace games are coming out. If you're really lucky some amazing real life stuff might happen to you to! This situation is so far from being the end of the world as to be ridiculous.

Please. There is no excuse for the way Gearbox has treated it's fanbase, time and again.

OH LOOK AT THE SHINY THING! LOOK. Isn't it cool!?

It's coming soon.

Oh wait, no it's not! **** you fans!

This year, we'll get it out.

Maybe next year.

Eh, sometime. I'm too busy swimming in money and doing lines of coke off a whore's ass.

Seriously. We're talking about a company, who's leader basically implied his wife was going to give him really good head if he got Duke Forever out the door on time. Class act. Funny thing is? They still missed their mark on that one, even though they had a nearly complete game on their hands for a year and a half! They sat on the game for six months, it came out looking horribly outdated, and suffered from a piss poor reception.

At some point a game company does have to just cut their losses and release the damn game. To keep doing this over and over every year is pissing people off, and it's frankly going to hurt the game in the reviews. It only gets less impressive as time goes on... And if they're going to keep delaying it, why do they keep advertising it each year. If you're not ready, you're not ready. So wait until you are.

robbritton

No, what I'm saying is that in the grand scheme of things, it isn't really that important. Certainly not enough to get so angry about. Of course I'd rather have had it years ago, but I'm not going to stress about it. Gearbox owe me nothing, they'll either do a good job or make themselves look fools. Either way, I'm sure I can find plenty of things to occupy my mind in the meantime. All the anger in the world isn't going to change a damn thing. One way or another, we're all ultimately in the same boat as far as this game is concerned. It's too exhausting to be cross about computer game delays anymore. Maybe it's just me.

Effectz

IGN Single-player Preview

For any of you who say this game looks bad I think you need to go to specsavers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBXfZWIG3ks#ws

Salt The Fries

To be honest they didn't show up anything really exciting in this "new" trailer, most of this stuff is closely related to those videos from that special event, some scenes are duplicated, some of them are indeed new but they don't really show anything that exciting. I mean, I accepted the delayed release date, but in my opinion the trailer didn't make up for it the way I hoped it would.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Effectz on May 22, 2012, 10:05:22 AM
IGN Single-player Preview

For any of you who say this game looks bad I think you need to go to specsavers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBXfZWIG3ks#ws

yeah it looks good so why didnt they release it last year december??
still building levels? still recording sounds, sentences? aaaaaaaaaahhhhw so still not ready???? thats the case? fooled us again with showing us short  videos of their 1 hour long game

Spoiler
wankers  ;)
[close]

there would be no problem if they just would make an announcment about that "yes we are lazy as f*** and we need more time" or "a virus deleted all our work we have to do it again" instead of "we are sooo cooool guys that we are making one door texture for a whole weekend just to make you happy and thats way it took ages to finish the game, arent we soooo coool and nice" yyyyyyyay shut up!

WinterActual

Oh dont say that mate... The textures in their current state are worse than the AvP 2 textures compared to the current date textures standard  ;D

mastermoon

In my opinion rushed games are great games.

Why would a company still push the release date when production goes nowhere?.

IRONMONKEY88

AL()ENS
                           COLONIAL MARINES

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR U SCREAM

ON THE NET HEAR A THOUSAND FANS SCREAM

WE ARE WE ARE MARINES SO DEAL WITH IT

Elliott

In that video that was posted by Effectz, I love how most of the footage is actually multiplayer.

acrediblesource

Was the game rushed? No, and the visuals speaks for itself, but we've waited for technology to get to  today's quality for it to come out right after 3 descent but 2 totally dated looking games Aliens/Predator, and one that stands out to being a top of the line reboot but lacking much weight among movie fans)
Even with A:CM fans have waited much too long and yet visually it stems on only being a more detailed versions of the ones before but not much more enticing in terms of vision.
I'm sure game fans could  agree, you could put a famous voice over talent on pretty much everything but you can't make it a better looking game by doing so.
Hopefully A:CM will be much more fun than the previous avp games which I'm almost certain it will be. In terms of vision (after seeing that thing they called mutations of the alien) i'm not holding my breath for interesting canon. Its like where Prometheus goes in terms of stepping outside the box (the box that is Hadleys Hope) , ACM just stays put probably in a lavatory somewhere in the colony. But I hear there maybe a glimmer of hope as the developers had stated that players will find themselves on the Juggernaut. Hopefully they'll do more with it than a simple skirmish map (if they don't itmost certainly is a slap in the face).

Finally now that ACM is coming out, we can look forward to more Alien games rather than AVP games which will undoubtedly raise the bar on all levels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed