ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,906 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2015, 08:56:36 AM
No Mike's in the Science of the Xenomorph featurette (and he pops in briefly in Science of the Yautja too).  The WY Archive is like a text database (with some pics and video clips) of info that you navigate around with the arrows on your remote.  Had to buy the blu-ray recently and that aspect is fairly decent.  Nothing revelatory, but it's a decent effort.

Thanks, SM. I really ought to bite the bullet and pick the Blu-rays of the AvPs up.

HuDaFuK

That does sound pretty interesting, but I'm fairly sure nothing could make me buy that movie :P

SM

SM

I picked up a double pack of both AvPs for $15AUD (about 7 quid), which is pretty cheap.

I hadn't seen the version of AvP with all the cut scenes put back and with CG blood.  I'm watching it going - 'That blood looks awfully bright red...' and it just got worse...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 25, 2015, 09:04:12 AM
That does sound pretty interesting, but I'm fairly sure nothing could make me buy that movie :P

To be fair...I wouldn't actually watch the movie.  :P Just the features.

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2015, 09:08:47 AM
I'm watching it going - 'That blood looks awful bright red...' and it just got worse...

It was a terrible effort, bless them.

SM

I'd completely forgotten that third version even existed.

Corporal Hicks

I thought there was only 2? TE and Uncut?

SM

SM

There's two versions on the BR.

But there's a version 'in between'.  The theatrical lacks things like the 1904 opening.  The version I'm more familiar with has the 1904 start and maybe a couple of other extra re-added scenes.  The extended version on the BR has more extra scenes along with the CG blood.

Edit: According to IMDB theres:
TC 101 min
Extended 103 min
Unrated 109 min

Corporal Hicks

I have the "Definitive" tin edition and it has the Theatrical and the version with the 1904 start, extra scenes and all the CG blood.  Which is the Unrated Edition according the DVD page here - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/dvds-bluray/avp-definitive-edition/ Guess I haven't seen the Extended cut.

HuDaFuK

The 103 minute Extended was on one of the DVDs in the UK (dunno about elsewhere). It's basically the theatrical with the added 1904 opening, but none of the other Unrated changes. I think it might've come out before they actually put the full Unrated version together.

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2015, 09:08:47 AMI hadn't seen the version of AvP with all the cut scenes put back and with CG blood.  I'm watching it going - 'That blood looks awfully bright red...' and it just got worse...

I actually quite like some of the stuff that adds, but Jesus the blood looks terrible.

SM

None of the extra stuff helps.  Nor does it hurt.

The one scene that could've helped was Verheiden calling Miller a beaker.  At least he then has a motive to be an arsehole towards Miller.  Problem is in the next exchange where Verheiden says "Laugh it up, Miller".  It undermines his disdain by calling him Miller instead of Beaker.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2015, 11:09:52 AMNone of the extra stuff helps.  Nor does it hurt.

Never said it did, just that I quite like some of the extra scenes :)

Except the blood. That hurts. My eyes.

Engineer

Soooo... What are the chances we will get a podcast in the near future about the Weyland yutani report?!? :-)

Corporal Hicks

We recorded an interview with Locusta not long back. RidgeTop and I are going to record a bit of a discussion about the book to go on the front of it. Just waiting for a good chance because I was ill the last few times (and for the interview unfortunately) and I sound like death.

It'll be the next one released.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 27, 2015, 07:27:42 AM
We recorded an interview with Locusta not long back. RidgeTop and I are going to record a bit of a discussion about the book to go on the front of it. Just waiting for a good chance because I was ill the last few times (and for the interview unfortunately) and I sound like death.

It'll be the next one released.

Glad to hear this; I look forward to the podcast! :-)

Darkness

Darkness

Here's Perfect Organism's podcast interview with John Mullaney. who did the sketches in the book. Seems like a nice guy.

http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/222385387

https://soundcloud.com/perfectorganismpodcast/episode-16

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed