Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:20 PM

Author
Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas) (Read 29,711 times)

SM

Nah, Complete Record - Part3 and something else, which is taking a long time to research and write.

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Dec 08, 2020, 11:53:50 PM
I'm in the middle of doing two big Alien 3 things for my Youtube channel - neither of which involved attacking it.

This is just tilting at windmills.

Idk, I was under impression you don't like Alien 3 very much

Local Trouble

He likes it more than AvPR.

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 09, 2020, 06:17:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 08, 2020, 11:53:50 PM
I'm in the middle of doing two big Alien 3 things for my Youtube channel - neither of which involved attacking it.

This is just tilting at windmills.

Idk, I was under impression you don't like Alien 3 very much

I like it - I wouldn't spend years of my life watching and talking about it otherwise; but objectively it's not a well made film.  The Special Edition doubly so.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2020, 06:37:22 AM
He likes it more than AvPR.

Geez, that's a relief

Anyway, title "In Defense of Alien 3" doesn't bother me that much and like that series. Especially, episodes when Patrick covers Ward's script or when they talk about Goldental's score. And listening to a bunch of people talking mostly positively about Alien 3 without "they've killed of Hicks and Newt" and "Where the f**k that egg came from" is quite refreshing IMO

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 08, 2020, 01:57:14 PM
Did I mention I love Alien 3 ?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 09, 2020, 10:08:58 AMAnd listening to a bunch of people talking mostly positively about Alien 3 without "they've killed of Hicks and Newt" and "Where the f**k that egg came from" is quite refreshing IMO

Did they reach a consensus then?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2020, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 09, 2020, 10:08:58 AMAnd listening to a bunch of people talking mostly positively about Alien 3 without "they've killed of Hicks and Newt" and "Where the f**k that egg came from" is quite refreshing IMO

Did they reach a consensus then?

ADI

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Darkness

Interesting interview with Randy Faulk of NECA. Nice hearing how they secure the likeness rights for the figures.

Nukiemorph

Good to hear him mention interest in the flying queen.

She, the bull alien, and a certain creature from Into Charybdis are at the top of my wish list.

I've been wondering if a flying queen would be a standard sized figure, a bigger ultimate figure, or a full-sized $100 queen fig. After listening to him outline the hassle & risk of releasing big queen figs, I'm expecting an ultimate-sized figure.

Kradan

https://perfectorganism.podbean.com/e/169-the-risk-always-lives-interviewing-jenette-goldstein/

Haven't listened to it yet but goddamn - looks like they've gotten Vasquez herself on the show !  :o

Kradan

https://www.perfectorganism.com/reviews

QuoteMany of you will know Salvador Larroca through his majestic work on Marvel's Doctor Doom series, which I HIGHLY recommend. Larocca is terrific visual storyteller. There are glimpses of his talent in Alien #1, but on the whole I want the art to be edgier. To be pushed a little. For Larroca to let loose and scare us. The art in this issue is very good -- and completely on par with what most fans will expect -- but knowing what Larroca is capable of, I feel like he's holding back a little here. The colors, by Guru-eFX, are stunning and every bit the polished Marvel product any comic reader will recognize. Again, maybe a little too polish for my liking -- a little too vibrant, a little too perfect -- but maybe that's just something I need to get used to.

:D

SiL

Maybe most fans expect horrible copy jobs...?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jun 11, 2021, 06:11:18 PM
I'm expecting an ultimate-sized figure.

I'm hoping for this. The full sized queens are like $300 here and frankly, I don't think the bodyplan/head shape of the old flying queen would even work on the film-accurate template.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed