New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 01:04:03 PM

Author
New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle (Read 53,298 times)

psychonaut25

Quote from: metalos on May 05, 2012, 03:45:05 PM
Yeah, too dark the pic, i think that is Shaw, but you are right, that is Ford. I don't watch the haircut style, just only that it is a woman.

Quote from: Promethean Fire on May 05, 2012, 03:39:12 PM
I'm fairly certain that Shaw is impregnated with an alien creature after having sex with Holloway.

Yeah, i think to now.

isn't she only vomiting?

Cvalda

I've just listened to the audio puzzle again, and... it just doesn't do much for me.

It sounds like a college fraternity hazing caught on tape. :-\

First Blood

It sounded horrifying that's for sure. It's like the video log of the Event Horizon crew. :laugh:

Cvalda

"Touch it man, touch it!"
"I don't wanna touch it!"
"AU!&!^£"(*"

*moaning, gasping"
"Oh man, oh man, oh man--"

ಠ_ಠ

Qwertify

Pages 4 and 5 have redone versions - in case you are listening to the versions on page one, which are I guess you can say, unsolved.

King Rathalos

That scream at 0:32 is one of the most horrifying things I've heard in a long time... :-X

Totally making my friends who haven't been following this at all go with me. ;D

RustiSwordz

Quote from: Qwertify on May 05, 2012, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 05, 2012, 01:51:03 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 04, 2012, 06:27:07 PMSo others have to see the very jagged Xeno-like teeth where the mouth is right?

:P

If you look closely at the pixels, you can see a second mouth inside that mouth.

Spoiler
Do you see it - inside the green circle?
[close]

Thats whats left of his skull after he had it burnt off!

Gash

Gash

That audio is quite an uncomfortable thing to listen too. I must admit this film is starting to scare me already.

Kane lost consciousness because of the alien atmosphere getting to him once his suit was compromised, and he was overcome quickly, but if he'd had Dallas and Lambert with him in a breathable atmosphere his fate would have sounded a lot like that.

The panic and the near crying with pain and horror is what makes it so unnerving, especially raw and without music.

RustiSwordz

It sounds like the creature gets into the guys helmet. You can hear the dull thudding of something rattling around . I think the cobrahugger gets into his helmet and thrashes around. I get an awful feeling we see this from Milburns POV. This beast I think forces its way into his mouth while its peeing acid all over the place afterFifeld cuts the thing and acid shoots out. Poor Milburn gets his face and possibly some of his skull burnt off and much of his suit. Fifield gets only a glancing shot of acid.

Tangakkai

Quote from: metalos on May 05, 2012, 03:36:47 PM

Shaw got the "baby". Probably from Millburn.
Edit: That is not Shaw, but Ford.

Mutated Fifield. I think that guy, who is stand face to face with one of the Prometheus crew member, whos face is reflect on his helmet is Fifield, and after he back, he is start to slaughtering his mate.

so it's true... they mutate after coming in contact with this biomechanic lifeform pattern... I'm not really liking this idea...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I love how some people say 'this movie is using fresh takes and ideas' when a lot of things shown so far suggest (and may or may not confirmed in the actual product) the use of some of the oldest sci-fi tropes. This is another one -- humans turning into monsters? Sounds anywhere near familiar?
Maybe that is the point -- Scott's take on some old archetypes (something Roland Emmerich knows about).

BioMechanical

Well there is a zombie craze going around. Nothing like one if your mates ripping you apart and chomping on you, in this case space zombies.. Give the people what the want. Lol.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 06, 2012, 06:01:59 PM
I love how some people say 'this movie is using fresh takes and ideas' when a lot of things shown so far suggest (and may or may not confirmed in the actual product) the use of some of the oldest sci-fi tropes. This is another one -- humans turning into monsters? Sounds anywhere near familiar?
Maybe that is the point -- Scott's take on some old archetypes (something Roland Emmerich knows about).

I'm a huge fan of Scott's work... and I think Prometheus will be a real great sci-fi flick...

But many things I've seen so far don't seem that groundbreaking and new as people say... especially when they're saying how original this take on von Däniken's theories are... or the cliché of the hardened "suit - person"...

Doon't get me wrong, I still have very high hope for this movie and since it's Ridley, I'm sure we'll get an amazing movie... but to see things like "...30 years in the making" and stuff like that just makes it seem so blown out of proportion...

Quote from: BioMechanical on May 06, 2012, 06:10:09 PM
Well there is a zombie craze going around. Nothing like one if your mates ripping you apart and chomping on you, in this case space zombies.. Give the people what the want. Lol.

that's another thing worrying me... so many current trends can be spotted in the movie... it's not bad per se, but since it's Ridley's first sci-fi movie in a long time, I want to see some fresh stuff... something that could rejuvenate sci-fi...fine: show us zombies, show us terraforming gods, show us facehugging creatures, show us acid, show us aliens coming out of humans... but please show me something that is as memorable as the chestburster was in 1979 as well...

Qwertify

Someone said that - in a potential review somewhere that - when the humans enter the temple - they are the ones that are treated as very alien and strange, and potentially dangerous.

BioMechanical

Quote from: Qwertify on May 06, 2012, 06:22:14 PM
Someone said that - in a potential review somewhere that - when the humans enter the temple - they are the ones that are treated as very alien and strange, and potentially dangerous.

I highly doubt that. I think they think of us as very infearier and weak. But I'm sure they view us as a slight threat. Lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed