New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 01:04:03 PM

Author
New Production Stills & Audio Puzzle (Read 54,002 times)

Qwertify

I've attached my own version which I had been working on before.

I think what happens here, is that Fifield and Milburn are alone in one of the caverns. Milburn falls in the black ooze, something comes up to him, he reaches to it and the worm wraps itself around his arm. He initially thinks it's okay, and he calms himself down. Then the thing gets tighter and tighter so he asks Fifield to help him take it off. Fifield is hesitant, but eventually tries. The worm breaks Milburns arm as Fifield tries  to get it off. Milburn then frantically commands to "cut it off!". Then the thing gets into Milburns suit and reaches his face, whereby the thing melts that part of the mask as seen in the trailer. Then the thing launches itself out to infect Fifield.

This is my best guess anyways. You definitely hear acid melting stuff in the clip, and you hear something launch itself at Fifield and his reaction.

OpenMaw

That sounds pretty accurate. Good work, dude. :)

GreatKnower

thats really creepy too! nice work!

Yeah in my version i just pictured that they try to cut it off....and they cut it but it sprays acid all over the place and retreats into the guys suit while melting everything. There you can hear its thrashing/biting inside the suit until its gets inside the guys body. This whole time its bleeding acid which causes the guy to literally burst with all his guts pouring out of his chest onto the floor while he's still alive. The creature eventually make its it way UP the esophagus and out the guys mouth(you hear him gagging and singe-ing) towards someone else.

SpeedyMaxx

I thought I could see at least two other people in the shot where that thing comes out of someone's mouth and leaps forth - one looked like either Shaw or Ford.  Assuming for a moment it's Milburn, they would have to eventually show up.

Eva

Eva

A tiny detail I noticed (don't know how or if it fits into the larger picture) -

When Fifield gets attacked by something inside his helmet, Milburns helmet is still fully intact

- that is Milburn on the left, right - wearing glasses in front of his eyes? So, Milburns helmet/face melt would happen after Fifield has this 'moment', I think...

SpeedyMaxx

You can tell we're really getting down into geek f**kery here with details like that.  I mean that in the most positive way. :)

I personally can't see glasses on the person to the left.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2012, 06:26:45 PM
I thought I could see at least two other people in the shot where that thing comes out of someone's mouth and leaps forth - one looked like either Shaw or Ford.  Assuming for a moment it's Milburn, they would have to eventually show up.

Likely Shaw, methinks.

Quote from: Eva on May 02, 2012, 06:27:35 PM
A tiny detail I noticed (don't know how or if it fits into the larger picture) -

When Fifield gets attacked by something inside his helmet, Milburns helmet is still fully intact

http://i47.tinypic.com/dxibmq.jpg

- that is Milburn on the left, right - wearing glasses in front of his eyes? So, Milburns helmet/face melt would happen after Fifield has this 'moment', I think...

You're right. It's hard to see, but there are glasses on that persons face.

Maybe the thing let's go of Millburn and goes for Fifield.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2012, 06:31:38 PM
I personally can't see glasses on the person to the left.
Spoiler

;)
[close]

Qwertify

Qwertify

http://i47.tinypic.com/dxibmq.jpg

Yeah I forgot that that was in fact Fifield, as he is the only one who does NOT weak a yellow nameband over his head.

* Also - in that room with the ooze, as far as I've seen the trailers, they are alone, despite the fact that there are ampules there, and by that I mean to differentiate from other scenes that have ampules in them.

OpenMaw

As Eva pointed out though.

This burn victim features glasses mister glasses.  :)

Qwertify

By that I believe you mean Fifield's helmet is the one that is burned, and that Fifield's reaction is in response to an alien getting busy with him.
For all we know, it could be a second alien, or just as much it could be the same.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 06:50:46 PM
As Eva pointed out though.

This burn victim features glasses mister glasses.  :)
Notice how similar the corroded borders of this helmet are in comparison to those of Kane's helmet..

Qwertify

Qwertify

Here's how it happens, all of which is actually still true to the audio.

1. Fifield tries to cut off the worm, but like squeezing a lemon, he gets acid shot up on his helmet.

2. The worm does eventually sneak into Milburns suit, gets up to his face, and I assume gets acid all over the place.

This is why I was confused before. I had concluded first that the person in the trailer was Fifield, because of the red hair you can see past the helmet. Then later I retracted that as I saw the yellow nameband on the head of a new person getting his whole helmet melted. I held the assumption that only one person gets their helmet melted in such a fashion.

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Im assuming Milburn approaches it. It wraps around his arm eventually breaking it. Filfield cuts it and Milburns suit (arm) spraying acid on his helm. It goes inside the cut made by fifield and enters milburns body(still spraying acid).Milburn then bursts as it burrows/gestates in his throat, while Fifield gets away badly burned/mutated. Ford must come across Milburn's corpse later on, when a new creature (hybrid) lunges out of his mouth at her.

Its pretty much what would've happened had Ash cut the facehugger off of Kane. Kane would "die" by melting but the embryo is most likely immune to the acid, it could still hatch. It might be deformed or underdeveloped but I think it could "adapt" to those conditions.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 02, 2012, 05:36:08 PM
Here's my attempt..... Please let me know what everyone thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zRNxiYLZA#
OH... OH GOD... OH f**kING GOD...

:'(

That is one of the most... horrific things I've ever heard. ;---;

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed