Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,412 times)

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 27, 2021, 01:45:43 AM
I don't know, there's some cool theories out there but in the grand scheme of things I don't think the derelict was ever supposed to be a bomber, and the only reason they found the eggs in the ship instead of in the temple as originally written was because of budget constraints. Ridley Scott shot himself in the foot by making the prequels, and now everyone has to play mental Jenga trying to make better sense of the origin of the xenomorph.

Between Prometheus and covenant, and the Predator, I prefer if movies stopped trying to explain origins and just moved forward with something fresh and exciting

The Predator wasn't an origin story. It was the Human characters trying to rationalize the Assassin and why Fugitive had some Human DNA by noting that they take things like heads and spines with them (rationalizing where they'd get the DNA). The final film never answers why they're hybridizing with anything definitive. At best the Predators at some point pulled an Indominous Rex and made a roided out assassin but that's all the film ever tackles on the subject. Everything else the Humans speculate about them based on what very little information they have.

Hunter-Killer

@Superiorironman

Trying to explain that the predator was taking skull/vertabae to hybridize with prey dna is what I was referring to, not that the predator tried to explain the origin of Predator

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 27, 2021, 03:34:47 AM
I don't know, there's some cool theories out there but in the grand scheme of things I don't think the derelict was ever supposed to be a bomber, and the only reason they found the eggs in the ship instead of in the temple as originally written was because of budget constraints. Ridley Scott shot himself in the foot by making the prequels, and now everyone has to play mental Jenga trying to make better sense of the origin of the xenomorph.

Between Prometheus and covenant, and the Predator, I prefer if movies stopped trying to explain origins and just moved forward with something fresh and exciting

The Predator wasn't an origin story. It was the Human characters trying to rationalize the Assassin and why Fugitive had some Human DNA by noting that they take things like heads and spines with them (rationalizing where they'd get the DNA). The final film never answers why they're hybridizing with anything definitive. At best the Predators at some point pulled an Indominous Rex and made a roided out assassin but that's all the film ever tackles on the subject. Everything else the Humans speculate about them based on what very little information they have.
The way the movie words it's dialogue is to explain to the audience why they do this, it was meant to explain why the Pred take spines, the different designs, etc. It was dumb, and hoping or thinking otherwise is wishful thinking, what the movie we got said is that the Predators were hybrids that collect autism via spine ripping, something that thankfully has been isolated to the individuals of that movie since PHG and its prequel completely ignore this

EJA

EJA

Maybe the pathogen has since been modified by Weyland-Yutani, leading to the creation of the human-Alien Queen hybrid?

SiL

SiL

Can we all just appreciate the panel of an Alien horde that is clearly just the NECA Alien in different poses.

Art.

Drukathi

I feel you pain.
It would be better if it were Eaglemoss figures  ::)

SiL

SiL

Or if the artist just drew some f**king Aliens, not traced them.

It looks like a late 2000s webcomic.

Drukathi

You should be grateful.

We could get regular photos under a ton of filters.

SiL

SiL

It feels like that's what we're getting anyway.

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2021, 11:38:41 AM
Can we all just appreciate the panel of an Alien horde that is clearly just the NECA Alien in different poses.

Art.

:D

Quote from: Drukathi on Feb 27, 2021, 12:29:02 PM
You should be grateful.

We could get regular photos under a ton of filters.

Not grateful

I'm just going to take Tristan's advice and not buy garbage just because it has Alien stamped on it.

Ultramorph

I'm very torn on this series given all the nonsense. I will say that the
Spoiler
black goo/Bugmen
[close]
angle has me a little more intrigued.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 27, 2021, 03:48:48 AM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 27, 2021, 03:34:47 AM

The way the movie words it's dialogue is to explain to the audience why they do this, it was meant to explain why the Pred take spines, the different designs, etc. It was dumb, and hoping or thinking otherwise is wishful thinking, what the movie we got said is that the Predators were hybrids that collect autism via spine ripping, something that thankfully has been isolated to the individuals of that movie since PHG and its prequel completely ignore this

The movie never retcons the trophy hunting. It was the human characters rationalizing the Assassin and why Fugitive had Human DNA. The Predators at no point say they're hunting autism and Assassin only took Rory because he could use the tech easily and wanted to know why.

BlueMarsalis79

The first piece of Alien media to already be non-canon before it comes out! 🤣

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Are you just kidding or do you have some evidence?

BlueMarsalis79

I am mostly joking, but we can vote with our wallets whether we like the direction or not, and that's ultimately the deciding factor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed