Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,818 times)

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 04, 2021, 10:18:10 PM
I admit I'm not that fussed about them particularly either, but I don't think that makes them bad by any stretch of the imagination, I think them as quite good. Just not obsessively recreating what's presented on film to perfection.

It's a lot like the way they got depicted in both Sacrifice and Salvation.

https://www.2dgalleries.com/planches/800W/2018/314/johnson-aliens-sacrifice-3o67.jpg

Sort of strangely angular and blocky against more detailed and more "fully realised" environments and characters.

I love Sacrifice. Just felt like saying it. That comic doesn't get talked about enough

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 05, 2021, 06:26:02 AM
It's mostly good stuff, it is a pity I can't stand his depiction of the Space Jockey though, otherwise it's got phenomenal art and I'm definitely a proponent of the cult idea but I have to read it again honestly as I don't remember anything else particularly noteworthy.

What's wrong with the Space Jockey in it?  I thought it was pretty much what most fans wanted, or at least closer than we've gotten in times past (or since).

I could have done without the bright colors too.  It's like a video game with the gamma correction turned way up.

Kradan

It's hair, I guess

SM

SM

The design is okay, but yeah the hair not so much.

BlueMarsalis79

It's nowhere near weird enough frankly.

Yeah, no thank you.

Kradan

Kradan

;D

You don't want bodybuilder baldie. You don't want big fat elephant with hair. You don't know what you want, people

Local Trouble

Would you prefer this?

Spoiler
[close]

judge death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2021, 04:58:46 PM
Would you prefer this?

Spoiler
[close]
I take those designs over prometheus pale basketball players anyday :p

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer this:

Or

Or

Or

Or even:

HuDaFuK

Tbh I always thought the elephant trunk look was kinda daft.

It works in Alien because you don't really know what you're looking at but I've never liked the biped designs in the comics.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes, the comic designs suck ass.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 05, 2021, 04:57:09 PM
;D

You don't want bodybuilder baldie. You don't want big fat elephant with hair. You don't know what you want, people

I want a creepy Space Jockey design. As a reference:

Without that, I prefer what we got with the Engineers.

BlueMarsalis79

Exactly.

Immortan Jonesy

I like the legless design too. The original Space Jockey appears to have no limbs, due to the size of the chair and its huge arms.

SiL

SiL

And yet nobody had the balls to have it literally grow out of the chair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed