Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 278,926 times)

Voodoo Magic

^ Now that's an easier Xeno to draw!

judge death

Simple maybe but it do look damn good.
Can draw alien from my mind with ease myself :P

Voodoo Magic

I would imagine many of us mega-fans have most every curve memorized!

BlueMarsalis79

Curvy 🥵

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 04, 2021, 09:46:58 PM
For example, Dead Orbit's praised repeatedly for it's extremely detailed environments and nearly every other aspect, yet the Alien design in it?

Simplicity itself.

So much detail in the background, and those Aliens so simple (almost Resurrection level but worse) totally out of place  :o

It's like ruining a good wine with Coca-Cola  :-X

[cancerblack]

Nah, they're fine.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I admit I'm not that fussed about them particularly either, but I don't think that makes them bad by any stretch of the imagination, I think them as quite good. Just not obsessively recreating what's presented on film to perfection.

It's a lot like the way they got depicted in both Sacrifice and Salvation.

Sort of strangely angular and blocky against more detailed and more "fully realised" environments and characters.

[cancerblack]

Exactly. Very few people are going to claim Mignola's are bad, just deeply stylized.

SiL

SiL

I love how Mignola rendered the Aliens. His AvP covers are also great.

Sacrifice was a whole other beast.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2021, 09:44:52 PM
Artists apply their style to their interpretation. The key features necessary to make it recognisable as distinctly the capital A Alien are not terribly hard to commit to memory.

I totally agree with this though.

Local Trouble

Just imagine what Doug Wheatley could have shown us if he'd poured the same level of effort into recreating Big Chap instead:

Spoiler
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

It is a pity but he did attempt to biomech them up.
But the Resurrection design's inherently and I believe deliberately antithetical to the original.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He was able to reproduce and embellish the styles of both Giger and Cobb like no other comic artist I've seen and yet we ended up with the goddamn turdliens...  >:(

SiL

SiL

Yes but in that one panel near the end he goes full Giger and it's ...

Well it doesn't make up for it but it shows us what we could've had :'(

BlueMarsalis79

It's mostly good stuff, it is a pity I can't stand his depiction of the Space Jockey though, otherwise it's got phenomenal art and I'm definitely a proponent of the cult idea but I have to read it again honestly as I don't remember anything else particularly noteworthy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed