Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,505 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 30, 2020, 07:29:35 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2020, 12:03:12 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 29, 2020, 10:21:07 PM
Oh goody... More comics with goofy-ass Aliens being used as punch-bag cannon fodder....yay...

Well, you can't be in a no-weapons maximum security prison forever or have unarmed protagonists forever. Eventually one must appreciate the weapons versus haunting swarm. :o

...no need to turn the Aliens into cannon fodder shooting gallery target practice or slack-jawed whack-a-mole punching bags for the protagonists though.

Yeah, that's fair. There's a balance. It's important not to go too overboard.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 30, 2020, 09:11:19 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 29, 2020, 07:12:13 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 28, 2020, 04:33:38 PM
https://img.fireden.net/co/image/1453/54/1453546902771.jpg

yea, Salvador's garbage.

This may end up being really well written but this guy's art is consistently laughable.

This one is by Greg Land.

I thought the same but backwards Google search claims its Salvador's. Go figure

Some day Land will trace a Salvador piece that Salvador had already traced from a Land piece and the universe will implode into itself.

Babidi

Babidi

Any news on the Predator: Original Screenplay adaptation please, do you think it'll be published at Marvel?

Perfect-Organism

Earth-426?

;-)

Enjoy

Enjoy

Are digital moving comics a thing ?  A little motion in the action would be fun.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Babidi on Dec 30, 2020, 10:35:49 PM
Any news on the Predator: Original Screenplay adaptation please, do you think it'll be published at Marvel?

As far as we know it's not happening. It's been written, so maybe Marvel will go forward with it? Is there any precedence for that with Star Wars?

Kailem

It's a damn shame Dark Horse couldn't even get it out purely in trade or hardcover form before the end of the year. It would have been the perfect compliment to Alien: The Original Screenplay.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2020, 10:26:14 AM
Quote from: Babidi on Dec 30, 2020, 10:35:49 PM

As far as we know it's not happening. It's been written, so maybe Marvel will go forward with it? Is there any precedence for that with Star Wars?

Well did they not adapt into comics ADF's Splinter of the Mind's Eye?  That was an alternate reality sequel to Star Wars right?

Actually it looks like it was first published by Dark Horse, but Marvel re-released it as "Legends".

Aliens Legends??

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 31, 2020, 06:11:41 PM
Aliens Legends??

Marvel is doing that already, in the form of the Omnibus.

As far as I'm aware, Marvel has absolutely no precedent of adapting old drafts (or any other non-canon media, for that matter) with their Star Wars comics. Any "Legends" material with a Marvel logo is actually just reprinted Dark Horse material.

Perfect-Organism

Well, DH really did do something innovative with the recent A3 and alt Alien books.  Hopefully the entire industry takes notice.

Nightmare Asylum

DH did something similar with Lucas' early Star Wars concept as well, not long before they lost the Star Wars license.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2020, 10:26:14 AMAs far as we know it's not happening. It's been written, so maybe Marvel will go forward with it? Is there any precedence for that with Star Wars?

Was the artwork finished though?

The most obvious reasons I can think of for it not coming out was a) Marvel wouldn't let DH publish anything that wasn't already ongoing, or b) the art wasn't complete and they figured it wasn't worth it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 31, 2020, 08:27:53 PM
DH did something similar with Lucas' early Star Wars concept as well, not long before they lost the Star Wars license.

It was the existence of this one that made me suggest doing these to Fox.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2021, 06:29:17 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2020, 10:26:14 AMAs far as we know it's not happening. It's been written, so maybe Marvel will go forward with it? Is there any precedence for that with Star Wars?

Was the artwork finished though?

The most obvious reasons I can think of for it not coming out was a) Marvel wouldn't let DH publish anything that wasn't already ongoing, or b) the art wasn't complete and they figured it wasn't worth it.

I honestly can't remember. I'm sure I talked about this with Jeremy but can't remember what that verdict was. I'll find out when I get to editing that one.

Voodoo Magic

As with Alien, it would have been a wonderful bookend to the Predator Dark Horse era.

EJA

EJA

It is a tragic loss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed