[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 01, 2022, 05:26:18 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series! (Read 36,186 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I think he really "gets it" unlike some rejected pitches.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 04, 2022, 06:33:43 PMIt definitely looks interesting. Still cautiously optimistic about this.
Yeah same. Disney walking on thin ice rn, they know the last time they did an Alien film it didn't do that well with the fans so they better churn out something wild if they want to make the money they so desperately want out of it

Some Old Dude

I love how... traditional? It feels. Like I get there's a lot of bizarre elements with character names and the like and I'm sure Hawley has plenty of surprises up his sleeve but I don't mind the back to basics approach.

redalert51

I Since Cancellation of " Raised by Wolf's " which has garnered quite a following including myself ....../.. 

Local Trouble

I'm fully expecting the concept art to be misleading and that we'll end up with a Feralized Hawleymorph.

skhellter

Scottfree Production
Luke Scott seems to be involved...

Doubt that he'd just undo his and his father's work in the prequels.

I'm expecting David and the Engineers to be respected but not directly referenced.
Maybe David will get a tiny cameo. A mini message aboard the ship that crashed, perhaps.

OmegaZilla

Or perhaps we find his severed head in a living Space Jockey's hand :) never mess with the gods

Gimitko

Knowing Hawley, would 100% expect references or even plot threads relating to the Ridley Prequels. He straight up continued an unresolved plot thread from the original Fargo movie in his show, without bringing back any of its characters. Plus Landgraf saying all that "it exists in a larger universe" stuff.

Local Trouble

Why assume that Hawley cares about the prequels at all?  He may be a purist and only care about the original trilogy.

Kradan

Kradan

Because if he doesn't it might upset people

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 05, 2022, 12:58:27 AMOr perhaps we find his severed head in a living Space Jockey's hand :) never mess with the gods

I would prefer David to die at hands of his "children"

BigDaddyJohn

I would prefer no David at all.

Digideus

I can't be the only one who thinks there's too much "wrong" with what I have heard already to give me any hope that this will be anywhere near good enough and we are going to end up with a convoluted show where the Xeno is secondary to a story arc about religion and artificial intelligence.

Basing it on earth is a massive no-no for me.  The fact is that once the Xeno reaches earth, It's game over for the human race.

Basing it on the Ridley Scott movies is also a terrible idea, although I will admit that there are plenty of threads in those films that could be developed into something better. Let's not forget, Ridley neither wrote the script nor the screenplay for the 79 movie, so I don't see why we keep giving him the reins to guide the future of the franchise.  Even the inclusion of an android in the original wasn't his idea! 

Don't get me wrong, as an artistic director, Scott is untouchable, but as has been proven over and over again, as soon as he gets involved with the plot and screenplay of a project, it goes to pieces, mainly because he's always seeking to inject some pseudo religious arc into the proceedings.  Having his son on board doesn't necessarily mean Ridley will be involved, but I do fear his legacy will overshadow the proceedings.

Noah Hawley is a bit of an unknown in science fiction.  Yes, he did Legion, which was an interesting take on the X-Men character, And Fargo is up there with Twin Peaks as far as surrealist fiction goes, but if he's basing this on Scott's ideas for the future of the Alien franchise, will lead to "Raised by Wolves 2" meets "Pinnochio" via "Space Jesus".

Preferably, Id like to keep the series about the Xeno's.  Reference the Scott Movies if it makes sense, but not as the core premise for the entire show, and keep it as far away from Earth as possible.  Marvel/Disney have already written 3 comic arcs since taking on the franchise in comic form, so there are ideas being kicked around aplenty, and If we are going to see Walter/David appearance, then let's resolve that story and establish some ideas that expand the universe rather than try to turn it into some AI fuelled nightmare just because Ridley wants to remake a Kubrik movie. 

Personally, I would like to see Hawley establish the Xeno's as "that goddam terrifying" and that the creature that the Engineers "worship" (from the Prometheus screenplay) that led to them making "The Black Goo" is actually one of the space jockey species, rather than just writing that creation off as nothing more than a cool-looking space suit for the big white dudes.  Establish ideas for the future, and have lots of existential terror, cosmic horrors and atmosphere instead of shooty shooty "acid for blood " moments

Prez

I will say this - Hawley knows how to weave multiple threaded (and rather quirky, offbeat) storylines into a cohesive arc for a show as seen on Fargo across most of it's seasons.

BlueMarsalis79

I have to watch the rest of it. Season 1 absolutely ruled.

Immortan Jonesy

I enjoyed all the seasons and the casting of Fargo. So far Noah has shown that he knows what he's doing when it comes to TV shows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed