Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,041 times)

DoomRulz

I think Fox learned their lesson with Alien3. I don't think A5 will be affected.

whiterabbit

AlienĀ³ was made over 23 years ago; I'm sure they've forgotten just how much they f**ked up that movie by now. I still don't know about this movie, they did seem to just go with bloomkamp out of a gut reaction. Not really feeling it to be honest.

worriors

So is this actually confirmed or just rumours?

and also will it be a sequel to aliens or a sequel to promethius 2?

Corporal Hicks

Is it confirmed that Blomkamp is making an Alien 5? It certainly is. Has been since February. From reports so far it's going to be a sequel to Aliens, retconning away Alien 3 and Resurrection.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2015, 08:44:25 AM
Is it confirmed that Blomkamp is making an Alien 5? It certainly is. Has been since February. From reports so far it's going to be a sequel to Aliens, retconning away Alien 3 and Resurrection.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Sep 16, 2015, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2015, 08:44:25 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodewaryer

I gotta feeling the Bloomkamp one isn't to be. At least not until a later date.

Corporal Hicks

I'm still confident we'll see it. Just after Covenant like they said.

marrerom

I hope that Alien Covenant is really good, but flops. This would essentially put an end to Fox green-lighting any new films and would kill Blompkamp's movie. The concept of retconning the series just so that Hick's and Newt can come back just reeks of fanboy butt hurt. Either work within existing continuity or don't bother. The last thing we need is the Alien equivalent of Terminator Genisys.

FiorinaFury161

Ripley, I mean Weaver, said that "Alien 3 and Resurrection and how Blomkamp's sequel relates to them, stating that the new film wouldn't "wipe out" those films but "run parallel" to them."

I think this will (at the very least) be interesting to see, as I still believe (AND HOPE!) that this film may just simply be a dream and the conclusion will be how the mystery egg gets on the Sulaco. But what do I know. :P

If they really wanted to give us an alternate Alien3, I would want to see the wooden monk planet more than any others, but that is just me. It was mentioned as one of the best sci-fi movies never made, after all.

T Dog

Quote from: marrerom on Apr 29, 2016, 02:30:35 AM
I hope that Alien Covenant is really good, but flops. This would essentially put an end to Fox green-lighting any new films and would kill Blompkamp's movie. The concept of retconning the series just so that Hick's and Newt can come back just reeks of fanboy butt hurt. Either work within existing continuity or don't bother. The last thing we need is the Alien equivalent of Terminator Genisys.
That's a terrible attitude!

I think the Alien 3 alternative movie idea is a poor concept but if Covenant knocks it out of the park don't you want the next Prometheus chapter?

marrerom

I'd rather have no Alien movies after Covenant then a bad one.

T Dog

Quote from: marrerom on Apr 29, 2016, 04:26:27 PM
I'd rather have no Alien movies after Covenant then a bad one.
If someone out there has a good one in them that feels fresh then I'm all for it.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I'm all for more Alien films, just want them to be good!

Ingwar

Not fan of Blomkamp. I like District 9 though.

I don't understand idea of this upcoming movie because I like Alien3. What's the purpose of Alien 3.2? Why doing it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed