Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,466 times)

SM

Because a lot of people would like to see Aliens get a sequel where most of the survivors aren't killed in the opening titles.

BishopShouldGo

WHAT!!!? An Alien 3 fan recognizing this?! STOP THE RATIONALITY!!!

echobbase79

I've never seen any of this director's work. So I ordered District 9. I've always wanted to see that.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of his Alien 5 idea though.

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2016, 10:04:41 PM
Because a lot of people would like to see Aliens get a sequel where most of the survivors aren't killed in the opening titles.

Who cares about Hicks and Newt? Alien3 is Aliens sequel and it's story about Ripley. It's her journey. Alien movies are about solitude, death, sorrow and losing people who we love and care about. Protagonists die in Alien movies. F*ck them. It's not a bloody soap opera.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 30, 2016, 10:56:22 PM

Who cares about Hicks and Newt? Alien3 is Aliens sequel and it's story about Ripley. It's her journey. Alien movies are about solitude, death, sorrow and losing people who we love and care about. Protagonists die in Alien movies. F*ck them. It's not a bloody soap opera.

Oh brother. Knew it was coming. "IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND DEPRESSING!"

What do soap operas have to do with respect for the audience? For horror films, Alien and Aliens ended pretty happily. The characters defeated the bad guys.

Please. Please.

SM

QuoteWho cares about Hicks and Newt?

A lot of people. Hence the very positive online response when it was announced.

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2016, 10:59:12 PM
QuoteWho cares about Hicks and Newt?

A lot of people. Hence the very positive online response when it was announced.

Those characters are dead. Even Ripley is dead. Period.

SM

Apparently not.  It's not real.  They can do what they like.

Ingwar

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 30, 2016, 10:58:01 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 30, 2016, 10:56:22 PM

Oh brother. Knew it was coming. "IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND DEPRESSING!"

What do soap operas have to do with respect for the audience? For horror films, Alien and Aliens ended pretty happily. The characters defeated the bad guys.

Ended pretty happily? Almost everyone died  :) I prefer Alien movie to be dark and depressing than the idea of the return of Hicks, Newt and Ripley just for the sake of fan service. Because let's be honest: it's the fan service at its best.

Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2016, 11:02:39 PM
Apparently not.  It's not real.  They can do what they like.

Of course they can do what they want but it doesn't change the fact that Hicks, Newt and Ripley are dead.

windebieste

Would have been Great...

...in 1988.  lol.

-Windebieste.

SM

QuoteOf course they can do what they want but it doesn't change the fact that Hicks, Newt and Ripley are dead.

At the moment.

Scorpio

I don't think general audience cares about Hicks and Newt.  The return of Sigourney Weaver though would be a major drawcard (like Harrison Ford in The Force Awakens).  Therefore, they don't really need to do retcon BS.

SM

The only people cracking the sads about the bringing back Ripley, Hicks and Newt are a small portion of hardcore fans who don't have enough disposable income to influence the box office.

BishopShouldGo

Preach it SM.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 30, 2016, 11:08:07 PM
Would have been Great...

...in 1988.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Not fan of Alien 5 (3.2)?

Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2016, 11:14:28 PM
The only people cracking the sads about the bringing back Ripley, Hicks and Newt are a small portion of hardcore fans who don't have enough disposable income to influence the box office.

Aside from small portion of hardcore fans, who knows anything about Sigourney Weaver? She was a star long time ago. Not mentioning Michael Biehn. This movie is a fan service for hardcore fans by definition and it's gonna be a flop because modern non-Alien fans completely don't care about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed