Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews

Started by happypred, Sep 09, 2014, 07:43:43 AM

Author
Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews (Read 133,414 times)

happypred

Quote from: polaris1924 on Feb 08, 2015, 10:37:54 PM
Hey do not come out in the uk for 2 months
You could always get them digitally. I like to read digital comics on my tablet. It's really convenient.

Corporal Hicks

The series' are out individually over in the UK - that's where I'm based. But the collected versions aren't out for anyone yet.

TheBATMAN

Is Omega just going to be the one issue?

Ultramorph

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 09, 2015, 03:44:11 PM

Yup, but it's a 44-page special issue.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 09, 2015, 03:48:00 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 09, 2015, 03:44:11 PM

Yup, but it's a 44-page special issue.

Even so, I'd question if that is really long enough to tie up everything presented thus far. I hope it's not too rushed.

Ultramorph

I agree, they have a lot to do in 44 pages. And as far as it being rushed, DeConnick didn't exactly inspire confidence in a recent interview she did with Joshua Williamson. Beware of spoilers in the full interview.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/josh-williamson-interviews-kelly-sue-on-prometheus/1100-150946/

QuoteKS: Yeah, I had a whole fight scene with giant parasites inside the mountain that I wanted to do for several reasons — I liked the visual, and I thought we needed it for pacing and stakes, but I just didn't have the real estate for it in the end and that bummed me out. I feel like the book should have been about 10-15 pages longer. Feels like it wraps up too fast to me.

That said, as the culmination of the whole, it's not fast, so I have that to wipe my tears with.

The Cruentus

Not sure what to make of the Fire and Stone series, I got all them at the moment bar Omega, they started off not bad, I like the Alien intro and shows a bit about hadley's hope but it got a little daft when
Spoiler
an android is able to be infected by the accelerant (black goo) which is only supposed to affect biological stuff and force evolution, the android become this white biomechanic looking being similar to an Engineer, ultramorph has him as a pic  ;D
[close]

happypred

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 09, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
Spoiler
an android is able to be infected by the accelerant (black goo) which is only supposed to affect biological stuff and force evolution, the android become this white biomechanic looking being similar to an Engineer, ultramorph has him as a pic  ;D
[close]

In all fairness, the human scientists in Prometheus believed that the accelerant affected DNA. That doesn't necessarily mean the accelerant can't affect something without DNA. Observed effects =/= all effects

Engineer technology could be so sophisticated that the black goo is capable of "mutating" machines. How this is accomplished is up to speculation (nano-technology perhaps?)

There's  also the possibility that "constructs" are more organic than you're assuming. You're assuming that Elden is an android. We know that there's a distinction between constructs and androids in the universe. Constructs seem to be more child-like...I suppose they could also be more organic? Could constructs be built from an organic human base?

Of course, the other possibility is that the writers f*cked up.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: happypred on Feb 10, 2015, 02:19:03 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 09, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
Spoiler
[close]

In all fairness, the human scientists in Prometheus believed that the accelerant affected DNA. That doesn't necessarily mean the accelerant can't affect something without DNA. Observed effects =/= all effects

Engineer technology could be so sophisticated that the black goo is capable of "mutating" machines. How this is accomplished is up to speculation (nano-technology perhaps?)

There's  also the possibility that "constructs" are more organic than you're assuming. You're assuming that Elden is an android. We know that there's a distinction between constructs and androids in the universe. Constructs seem to be more child-like...I suppose they could also be more organic? Could constructs be built from an organic human base?

Of course, the other possibility is that the writers f*cked up.

Regardless, an explanation should have been given in light of the events from the movie. This sort of thing should not be left to speculation. They have one book left to explain it within the story arc.

happypred

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 10, 2015, 03:14:03 AMThis sort of thing should not be left to speculation.

True...it needs to be addressed.

Vrastal

We havnet really learned anything about the goo except it can
Spoiler
affect/create an entire environment, Carbon/silicon (who knows what androids are made of) based material.
[close]
And all the crazy doctor did was ramble on about needing to know what it can do and how to basically purify it.

And how did that kid get the idea
Spoiler
of injecting it into an android?
[close]

This series, though entertaining, ahs not really contribute anything to either aliens, predator or avp. only prometheus.

I felt the aliens story short and lacking.. I might just have to find a chronological order and read them all again nthough

Ultramorph

The first Prometheus Omega review is up. I haven't read it, because I don't want spoilers, but I did skim last paragraph, and it's clear the review is positive. Beware of huge spoilers if you decide to look.

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?4709-Prometheus-Fire-And-Stone-Omega

DarthJoker45

Another review is up for Omega. There are not many spoilers except for a panel from the book that was not featured in the preview this past month. I will need some context as to what is going on, but it does involve one of the main characters in the book.

http://www.comiccrusaders.com/review-prometheus-fire-stone-omega/

Spoiler

[close]

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Feb 10, 2015, 06:19:09 PM
Another review is up for Omega. There are not many spoilers except for a panel from the book that was not featured in the preview this past month. I will need some context as to what is going on, but it does involve one of the main characters in the book.

http://www.comiccrusaders.com/review-prometheus-fire-stone-omega/

Review Excerpt: While the Aliens/AVP/Prometheus/Predator comics are connected, that connection had been fairly loose, until now.

I'd call the connection between the comics a bit more than "loose", but I guess that is just me.

Ultramorph

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Feb 10, 2015, 06:19:09 PMI will need some context as to what is going on, but it does involve one of the main characters in the book.

I quickly scrolled down and looked at the pic, and...
Spoiler
Wow, it looks like my suspicion was right and Elden does wind up having some sort of connection to the mural in the Big Head Room.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed