It's Official! Prey is Rated R!

Started by Engineer, May 17, 2022, 01:39:44 PM

Author
It's Official! Prey is Rated R! (Read 12,494 times)

Engineer

Engineer

I just saw this article (below). In the article it says that an R-rating was confirmed (quote from the article also below). I haven't seen this press release; can anybody confirm if this is true?

QuoteUPDATE: Shortly after the teaser trailer for Hulu's Prey was revealed, the streamer sent out a press release previewing all of their original movies for the summer. Buried within the details was confirmation that Prey will indeed be rated-R, so if fans were worried that a streaming debut might result in a watered-down Predator film, you can rest assured – it (hopefully) won't be.

https://www.joblo.com/hulu-prey-teaser-trailer-predator/

Corporal Hicks

I can't get onto Joblo. Anyone else?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2022, 01:56:54 PMI can't get onto Joblo. Anyone else?
Working here...

Hollywood

Hollywood

https://press.hulu.com/news/2022/05/16/hulu-originals-summer-slate/

Here's the press released they're talking aboutAs a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks both! That was what I was looking for. Glad to hear it's officially an R. I know it's always a concern for folk, and I'd already seen the typical presumptuous posts on social media about it being a PG-13 (because Disney) but glad to be able to address those concerns.

Master

Master

The lack of Sasquatch in synopsis is 100% Sasquatch confirmation I need! GO #TeamSasquatch

goose_3387

Great news.

Masterstagin

Sounds good! I that will make a ton of people happy.

The Shuriken

Well that's a plus finally.

Darkness

Darkness

There wasn't any doubt in my mind. It's probably less risky for them making it R for streaming platforms than it would if it was a theatrical release.

Preydator

Preydator

Quote from: Darkness on May 17, 2022, 03:13:41 PMThere wasn't any doubt in my mind. It's probably less risky for them making it R for streaming platforms than it would if it was a theatrical release.

That's what I was thinking too. But glad to have it confirmed!

Voodoo Magic

Phew! With that out if the way, now there's nothing left for people to complain about!

Spoiler
[close]

Kailem

Kailem

Good to have it officially confirmed, and hopefully now that'll silence the "Disney's going to make it PG-13" crowd.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 17, 2022, 03:19:36 PMPhew! With that out if the way, now there's nothing left for people to complain about!

Spoiler
[close]

"Nothing like a smell of boiled crab. Mouthwatering"

Quote from: Kailem on May 17, 2022, 03:23:57 PMGood to have it officially confirmed, and hopefully now that'll silence the "Disney's going to make it PG-13" crowd.

But if this one does not perform well enough - oh boy, PG-13, here we go !

Engineer

Engineer

Awesome! Thanks for confirming!
I never had any doubt it would be R rated. But I've been waiting for that confirmation just to get those pesky complainers to quiet down!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed