New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,653 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Love this part from the article.

Quote"It actually has more akin to The Revenant than it does any film in the Predator canon. You'll know what I mean once you see it," promised Fox, though Davis declined to reveal the specific time period. "You can use your imagination. It is... early."

There is this as well.

QuoteIt was conceived as an R-rated movie. It could easily end up PG-13. I guess I'm going to find out what it has to be or what it is when it's all cut together."

YT link from article

TomT

Davis was wise enough to acknowledge how perfect the original Predator movie is, as he even said "it's going to be, I believe, the second best -- or the first... or it may be equal to the first one. Right? I feel like the first one was a wonderful, interesting movie and I know what worked about it. I feel like we kind of never got back there again. We ended up in different places. I think this is a worthy complement to the first one. It's going to be as good."

HuDaFuK

Quote"It actually has more akin to The Revenant than it does any film in the Predator canon. You'll know what I mean once you see it," promised Fox, though Davis declined to reveal the specific time period. "You can use your imagination. It is... early."

This sounds excellent.

QuoteIt was conceived as an R-rated movie. It could easily end up PG-13. I guess I'm going to find out what it has to be or what it is when it's all cut together."

This sounds less so.

SiL

I could see an Alien movie hitting a hard PG-13 (cut the swearing from Aliens and you're basically there) but how do you even hit "maybe" PG-13 with a Predator movie? No skinning, no skull ripping, no shoulder cannons blowing people open, no limb removals. It's everything people hated about AvP all over again.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 27, 2021, 10:22:53 PM

This sounds less so.
It's too early to tell, but this could suck ass.

For the rest, it's all promotion starting, so he's going to say it's great etc etc...

And first time a pred comes to earth huh ? So that never was a t-rex skull in the predator 2 ship ?

RidgeTop

Even the possibility of a PG-13... yikes.

I want to know why is it even needed that this be the first time a Predator has visited Earth? One of the few things I actually enjoyed about The Predator were its nods to AVP. Now were going to sever this franchise from that one too? Le sigh...

Nightmare Asylum

Huggs

Are the characters going to speak english? or will there be subtitles?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Possibly PG-13? Not good. The mere mention of it makes me nauseous.
Titled "Skull", I don't care for that. I want Predator in the title. Predator: Skulls, sounds best to me.

Clubroot

A PG-13 rating will mean less or very minimal gore, off camera death executions. I mean if done well it could be decent enough. Cloverfield Lane had a off screen headshot. What are the chances of there being 2 versions of this film, a PG-13 Cut, a Rated-R cut?

Lost_Hunter

For the record

"I feel like the first one was a wonderful, interesting movie and I know what worked about it."

Nah man you do not.

That's not a T Rex skull in the Predator 2 ship.

Baron Von Marlon

I find it strange that they don't know the rating before they start filming. Doesn't anyone read the final script?

And if they're already halfway through shooting the movie, shouldn't they know by now about any R-Rated scenes that might have been filmed?

Bughuntwilson

Please let skulls be rated r it was the only thing that sounded good about the film.With the plot and its going straight to hulu

Clubroot

The producer mentions The Revenant. Does this confirm and Bear, Bigfoot, or Wendigo creature played by Dane Diliegro?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed