Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 31,421 times)

Xenomania

This was on Kickstarter before too right? Hopefully they'll have more success thanks to better exposure this time around.

DorkiDori

i sent them a message about possibly helping with audio production... wonder if theyll take me up on the offer? would be a blast!

Iron Infililtrator

This game is going to be intense. They need a new avp game with those graphics  :o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DorkiDori on Aug 30, 2017, 04:46:19 PM
i sent them a message about possibly helping with audio production... wonder if theyll take me up on the offer? would be a blast!

What kind of music are you thinking?

Quote from: Iron Infililtrator on Aug 31, 2017, 03:01:27 AM
This game is going to be intense. They need a new avp game with those graphics  :o

I hope we get a new game soon.

Olde

They're reportedly pushing back the release date to 2018. A bit of a disappointment but they should have a new gameplay trailer in a few days.

Iron Infililtrator

Quote from: Olde on Aug 31, 2017, 07:45:48 PM
They're reportedly pushing back the release date to 2018. A bit of a disappointment but they should have a new gameplay trailer in a few days.
WHERE, WHERE HAVE YOU HEARD THIS?! I have been following this game like a hawk. I really want to play it. This is more Giger than any aliens game out there.

DorkiDori

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2017, 07:25:38 AM
Quote from: DorkiDori on Aug 30, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

What kind of music are you thinking?

Well they rejected my request via email saying theyre already have a composer and sound engineer working on the game... ah well was worth a shot

And as far as what kind of music... Wouldve been dark, brooding soundscapes with an industrial tinge thrown in ;) Whatever wouldve been needed for various parts they wouldve assigned.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Iron Infililtrator on Aug 31, 2017, 11:21:42 PM
Quote from: Olde on Aug 31, 2017, 07:45:48 PM
WHERE, WHERE HAVE YOU HEARD THIS?! I have been following this game like a hawk. I really want to play it. This is more Giger than any aliens game out there.

I think it's said in that link I posted earlier.

Quote from: DorkiDori on Sep 01, 2017, 03:45:52 AM
Well they rejected my request via email saying theyre already have a composer and sound engineer working on the game... ah well was worth a shot

Sorry to hear that.

Olde

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2017, 07:21:47 AM
I think it's said in that link I posted earlier.
Ah, sorry, didn't see that post earlier.

Corporal Hicks

No worries, man. They could have worded it better -

QuoteWith all that said, we are pushing the release date for 2018. More development time would give us an opportunity to expand the scope and polish the game the way we really want to. And in order to make all this happen, we decided to organize a Kickstarter campaign to acquire the necessary resources.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteFor the past two years, our team has been working hard on the development of Scorn. Our studio has grown to over 20 people and we have signed a publishing deal with Humble Bundle, who helped us immensely with businesses and marketing side of things.

We are getting close to completion of Part 1, but we're not really satisfied with all the aspects of the game. After much internal deliberation, we decided that it would be the best to try and acquire additional resources, taking more time to polish the game and really make it shine, rather than releasing something we're not entirely happy with.

If we succeed in raising additional funds through this campaign we plan to release the game in 2018.

About Scorn

Scorn is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around the idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost inside this dreamlike world, you will explore different interconnected regions in a nonlinear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself.

Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive world. Throughout the game, you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.

Features

*Living and breathing world, inhabited by many lifeforms, is yours to explore.
*All the storytelling happens in-game, with no cut-scenes to distract you from the grisly reality of the world you're in.
*Denizens of Scorn will react and adapt to your actions and the changes you bring to their environment.
*You will have to think about when to fight and when to take cover and how your actions affect everything around you.
*Different play styles will be needed to advance.
*Interaction with the environment is realistic – objects are picked up with your hands, machines and instruments are operated by grabbing the controls and every action takes time.
*Discover the secrets of this odd technology so you could progress further. Everything has a reason and purpose – you just need to work out what it is.

For more information about the game visit https://scorn-game.com/

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/61245-scorn-goes-to-kickstarter

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein

Kickstarter is now live!

Surprisingly cheap actually. I've backed for the art book and soundtrack.

windebieste

Will there be mod tools?  Will support Kickstarter if SDK is being released. 

If not...

Then Steam sale for me.  I can wait.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

tleilaxu

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed