NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 165,687 times)

FUBAR1945

Quote from: r888 on May 31, 2012, 01:27:06 AM
Spoiler
yay a queen chestbuster sweet I can't wait to see that on screen

[close]

Spoiler
Its a queen? is not a queen?

Dude i dunno what to think anymore, think i will wait to see the movie

:-[
[close]

Vulgotha

Vulgotha

That's a queen. Where was this found? Is it from the movie?

You can tell it's a queen by the shape of the head and the extra set of tiny appendages underneath the chest.

ThisBethesdaSea

That's not in the movie

Bayo

Bayo

82% on rottentomatoes........ not bad
to those that watched the movie, do you think the movie suffer in the cutting room?
i read somewhere that an imax movie cant be more than 120 min. maybe the movie
was originally 130 or 140 min. and also maybe that issue to force an "R" rated movie
to "PG-13" movie hurts this theatrical cut. i know the movie ended "R" rated but
possibly the damage was done to this cut an it was late to fix it. i bring this up
because i read some post saying some scenes in the trailers an tvspots wasnt in
the movie. i hope for a DC on blu-ray.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 31, 2012, 01:12:48 AM
Quote from: r888 on May 31, 2012, 01:12:07 AM
I got some questions for thoes you seen it

How does Vickers dies?
Do the last minutes of the film explain the alien or does it tie in with alien?
Is there lot of blood and gore?

Spoiler
Crushed by the Derelict / Juggernaut while running straight.
[close]
Spoiler
hahahaha. Glad to know loathing Vickers has a ROFL death eventually. Very suitable for the bitch. Now I'm gonna like the film a lot more :laugh:
[close]

atlantis

atlantis

I watched the movie yesterday in Belgium..I traveled to Hasselt..about a one hour drive from The Netherlands, where I Live...

I loved every second of this movie...
Prometheus brings back the feeling from Alien.. discovering dark tunnels/ rooms /caverns, and this not only 1 time but several times during the movie...

I am a die hard ALIEN fan since 33 years, and only Prometheus did give me back that Alien World feeling...

I watched almost every teaser / trailer / clip.. and I loved it, to see how they where fit together in this two hour ride..
But I also think this movie was 1 hour to short... that could have helped to explain some of the mentioned things in this thread... so a directors cut will help to turn Prometheus to come out more perfect...

ChrisPachi

Quote from: atlantis on May 31, 2012, 07:45:43 AMI loved every second of this movie...
Prometheus brings back the feeling from Alien.. discovering dark tunnels/ rooms /caverns, and this not only 1 time but several times during the movie...

I am a die hard ALIEN fan since 33 years, and only Prometheus did give me back that Alien World feeling...

That's a greatly encouraging thing to hear from a fan - thanks atlantis.

cossack0909

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 31, 2012, 08:37:23 AM
Quote from: atlantis on May 31, 2012, 07:45:43 AMI loved every second of this movie...

Oh yeah......I like the anticipating feeling. 7 June, here I come! Thanks atlantis!

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: cossack0909 on May 31, 2012, 10:09:46 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 31, 2012, 08:37:23 AM

Oh yeah......I like the anticipating feeling. 7 June, here I come! Thanks atlantis!

I like the sound of that. 3 more hours and i will finally see Prometheus ;D ;D ;D

AsapJockey

WE WERE WRONG we were so wrong

SpeedyMaxx

I've been a bit spoiled while on vacation - I personally think it sounds quite good.  I only know some broad strokes and some of the ending, but:

Spoiler
Shaw and David going off in a juggernaut sounds wonderful to me.  I was so hoping it would end on something like that, with the devout woman seeking God going off into the stars in one of their vessels.  That has a mystical and mythic undertone to it that I really enjoy.  So I've no issue with that.  It leaves it open.
[close]

I will say non-dedicated fan boards are considerably less histrionic about these spoilers thus far.  I am a devout fan but I feel pretty calm.  And I never wanted "a direct prequel."

OneUglyMother

This question has probably been asked before, but does anything in this movie directly contradict AVP? 

For example, I know the viral campaign has Peter Weyland as the founder of Weyland Industries.  But in the film does he ever say, "I founded this company, not my father.  In fact, I didn't have a father.  If I DID have a father, his name definitely wouldn't be Charles... Nope."

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 31, 2012, 11:43:43 AM
I've been a bit spoiled while on vacation - I personally think it sounds quite good.  I only know some broad strokes and some of the ending, but:

Spoiler
Shaw and David going off in a juggernaut sounds wonderful to me.  I was so hoping it would end on something like that, with the devout woman seeking God going off into the stars in one of their vessels.  That has a mystical and mythic undertone to it that I really enjoy.  So I've no issue with that.  It leaves it open.
[close]

I will say non-dedicated fan boards are considerably less histrionic about these spoilers thus far.  I am a devout fan but I feel pretty calm.  And I never wanted "a direct prequel."

This is where I stand as well. While the spoilers of Prometheus itself didn't quite live up to the hopes I had for it, it still seems like an enjoyable film itself and holds potential that a sequel could utilize down the road.

Le Celticant

Quote from: OneUglyMother on May 31, 2012, 03:36:08 PM
This question has probably been asked before, but does anything in this movie directly contradict AVP? 

For example, I know the viral campaign has Peter Weyland as the founder of Weyland Industries.  But in the film does he ever say, "I founded this company, not my father.  In fact, I didn't have a father.  If I DID have a father, his name definitely wouldn't be Charles... Nope."

Nothing contradict AVP & AVP-R.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

The famous mural with the Engineer and a mysterious creature crouched next to him - is it addressed in the film? what is the creature, is it a mutated engineer?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed