NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 166,072 times)

NGR01

NGR01

Ok so now after the "you had pre conceived notion about what the film was supposed to be so it was bound to happen that you did not like it" car we are now presented with the "you did not understand or payed enough attention" card.

Whatever floats your boat.
I was anal retentive when i watched the movie, as i am with all the movie i watch.
Its part of my job to see movie, how they are made, it serves what i do for a living.
So please don't you question my skills in that area.
If you don't agree ok i can dig it but please don't say i'm dense...
Thanks ;)

Deuterium,
well i just loved the production design for exemple.
A bit too clean for my taste but seriously that is probably the best art direction in scifi movie i've seen in years.
The movie is just ok it can still be salvaged if there is actually an extended cut.
I think the most important improvement would be more character devellopement.
Stuff like Fifield and Millburn getting lost (seriously come on!!!) or the death of Janek, Ravel, Chance Vickers or Weyland are f**ked but maybe they can make them count if we get to know them better.
I remember that when we talked about the music, and who you guy were hoping was going to do the score you were let down by Ridley's choice, what i said is that Scott has been for a while on auto pilot, he works with the same guys, doing the same ok movies, well he did it again.
Whats is frustrating is that the potential is there...

Mohawksinspace

Spotty character decisions are always a plot device.

Spoiler
People seem to be ripping this movie when it comes to the now infamous Millburn/Fifield "Dude I got the map but where is the exit omg" or "Dude whats that snake?" scene, yet very few people want to talk about the "Oh somethings in dat egg let me put my face up to it" Kane sequence or the "OMG that alien just ripped out of one of our pilot's chest" "Looks small enough, lets go chase it with a net" idea.
[close]

Don't even get me started on Aliens lol

WaaX

WaaX

Hi everyone ! I come from Belgium and i just saw the movie !
Let's talk about my feelings about Prometheus :

Ridley Scott is a genius !

- 1) Story : I think the story is incredible in 2 ways, first cause now we have some answers about questions from Alien, next because we can think that Prometheus a "racine" movie, Alien is one branch of it and Prometheus 2 can be another branch from the tree !

- 2) Special Effects : They are amazing, these aren't special effects anymore, all of this is photorealistic ! You have the feeling that they recorded all of this from something real like a documentary for example ( specially for the Prometheus ship and for the planet's landscapes ! ).

- 3) Actors : All of them are amazing in their ways, Michael Fassbender is a real robot, Noomi Rapace is also surprising that in Millenium, Guy Pearce is unrecognizable. And for Charlize Theron ...
Spoiler
at her first sentence you already want to kill her!
[close]

I think I'll finish on this : I don't know if I want to see another prequel more concentrate on Alien or on the other side a sequel of Prometheus !

P.S. : all of you have to watch it !
Bye all :)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Mohawksinspace on May 30, 2012, 08:29:16 PM

Spoiler
People seem to be ripping this movie when it comes to the now infamous Millburn/Fifield "Dude I got the map but where is the exit omg" or "Dude whats that snake?" scene, yet very few people want to talk about the "Oh somethings in dat egg let me put my face up to it" Kane sequence or the "OMG that alien just ripped out of one of our pilot's chest" "Looks small enough, lets go chase it with a net" idea.
[close]

Perhaps Milburn was watching too much "ET" before the trip?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but if I were going in that temple I wouldn't expect to find ewoks or gizmo.

Tangakkai

The irony of the whole thing is that Lindelof was bashing George Lucas so much for just writing a prequel for the sake of it... yet from reading all the spoilers, I can't shake the feeling that the film is exactly that: a Prequel for the sake of it.

I thought we would get to see new things... hell the Movie is called "Prometheus", it could have gone anywhere... but no... instead we get

Spoiler
A Xenomorph... the one thing that Ridley said he had enough of seeing... well I just don't know what sir Scott wanted from this at all... probably just do some very successful 3d filming and then using this knowledge to create another film... hopefully something more original.
[close]

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 30, 2012, 09:55:34 PM
The irony of the whole thing is that Lindelof was bashing George Lucas so much for just writing a prequel for the sake of it... yet from reading all the spoilers, I can't shake the feeling that the film is exactly that: a Prequel for the sake of it.

I thought we would get to see new things... hell the Movie is called "Prometheus", it could have gone anywhere... but no... instead we get

Spoiler
A Xenomorph... the one thing that Ridley said he had enough of seeing... well I just don't know what sir Scott wanted from this at all... probably just do some very successful 3d filming and then using this knowledge to create another film... hopefully something more original.
[close]

Your exactly right Tangakkai. I need to find a link to that video of Lindelof talking about "Lucas' mistakes"

I also have the feeling Prometheus is intended to be an Alien REMAKE. They made this movie just to make a part 2. Whats horrible about that is they didnt do a package deal with Fox. Its not like they said "we got us a RS trilogy". They are just making stuff up on the fly...thats the worst way with good material.There is no other reason to have written the story this way.

AsapJockey

Just Saw the Movie

Review:  JIZZED IN MY PANTS

whiterabbit

Quote from: Mohawksinspace on May 30, 2012, 08:29:16 PM

Spoiler
[close]

lol

It sure is. :)

NGR01

NGR01

I have absolutely no problem with Millburn playing with the wormalien.
You need characters to do stupid things to make shit happens.
What bothers me with them is Fifiled being lost when he's the one who is mapping the temple and giving directions, and have them going to the very same place that they were scared to enter, the ampule room.
I'm sorry but that is really badly written.

Mohawksinspace

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 11:06:56 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Millburn playing with the wormalien.
What bothers me with them is Fifiled being lost when he's the one who is mapping the temple and giving directions, and have them going to the very same place that they were scared to enter, the ampule room.
I'm sorry but that is really badly written.

I completely understand my friend.
I was just pointing out that sometimes people overlook equally bad writing/character choices/motivations in "Classic" films because they are immune to these short comings in some peoples eyes.

r888

r888

I got some questions for thoes you seen it

How does Vickers dies?
Do the last minutes of the film explain the alien or does it tie in with alien?
Is there lot of blood and gore?

Le Celticant

Quote from: r888 on May 31, 2012, 01:12:07 AM

How does Vickers dies?

Spoiler
Crushed by the Derelict / Juggernaut while running straight.
[close]

r888

r888

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 31, 2012, 01:12:48 AM
Quote from: r888 on May 31, 2012, 01:12:07 AM

How does Vickers dies?

Spoiler
Crushed by the Derelict / Juggernaut while running straight.
[close]

Thanks

what that a boring death  >:( >:( >:(

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 11:06:56 PM

No, you really don't.

This prevailing 'wisdom' really needs to die. There are many instances of characters not doing stupid things and shit still going wrong. The Thing is a prime example of a horror film where all the characters make minimal mistakes and the situation still consumes them.

r888

r888

Spoiler
yay a queen chestbuster sweet I can't wait to see that on screen

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed