Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 18, 2021, 06:30:03 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter (Read 70,051 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: ZergVsProtoss on Aug 21, 2022, 08:32:17 PMFirst post on my new account here since I have long lost the email account from my original.

Picked up the comic without having any prior knowledge to the storyline.

Like:
  • Future Storyline (Easier for an Alien crossover in the future)
  • Art for the most part
  • Variant Cover I picked up was top notch

Dislike:
  • Going to echo what other says and say I wish they kicked things off with a more traditional Predator storyline.
  • The other Aliens look like they were ripped from a Guardians of the Galaxy comic and not something that would appear in the Predator/Alien Universe
  • Starting a new series by Worfing your title character is a bold move and I don't think it really will pay off.

I got more Star Wars vibes from the other aliens

(Bad Blood)

The only thing I didn't like was the completely unbelievable main character. Even Arnold could barely handle one Predator.

TilotnyWorshiper28

I dunno she's been doing this for a while  but I would like them to have her struggle against some of them

Corporal Hicks

We're meeting her at a point where she's been doing it for 10 (I think?) years, so she's obviously capable. I think we're going to get her backstory and her struggles through flashbacks as the series progresses.

happypred

Quote from: ZergVsProtoss on Aug 21, 2022, 08:32:17 PMDislike:
  • Starting a new series by Worfing your title character is a bold move and I don't think it really will pay off.

They could make up for this by introducing a deadlier "elite" predator later on, perhaps someone like Smiley in Civilised Beasts

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Issue 2 Preview

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-predator-2-first-look/#8

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 14, 2022, 03:24:56 PM- On the timeline page Predators is listed as taking place in 2010. Isabelle returns to Earth somewhere around 2025. Shane Black was under the impression that it takes place during or after The Predator. Isabelle can still return to Earth in 2025, it just means that she's been gone for 15 years for those events to have taken place in 2010. Further assuming that comment about Assassin being related to the supers is correct, that still works, we just have to assume if Assassin is any sort of prototype then the genetic engineering has to be before 2010.

- Fugitive did not crash in America, he crashed in Mexico (filmed in Canada). The ship is brought to America and Assassin's ship lands in America, but Fugitive does not crash there.

I think The Predators date thing is just them not coordinating with what's going on in Hunting Grounds unfortunately. It's just a general intro page thing and I wouldn't put much canon-shifting weight in it myself.

Fugitive's ship crashes in Georgia, USA, or perhaps across the state line in Florida (listed as FL in the script). His escape pod ejects over Mexico. How the ship managed to glide all the way there that long after he bailed is just one of the many silly things of that movie. Though I suppose it's not that implausible given the geography if the ship is still going fast enough.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, I'm curious.

Spoiler
Humanoid alien.
[close]

I've been wanting to see a more prominent one of those in Predator for a while now.  Curious to see how it's handled.

Komenja

Finally got around to getting this. It is pretty jarring to hard open on
Spoiler
a human character whose already a seasoned expert at kicking Predator ass. I hope the flashbacks will give us a believable journey of her getting to that level.

Also, I have a hunch the Predator she's after is a Bad Blood, or at least one whose abusing technicalities in the honor code to get cheap kills. I don't know, maybe we need to find out more about what was going on on the planet where Theta's parent's were killed, and if that organization had any prior conflict with Predators there, but the way he just kills a father who only went out into the woods to find his kid, then goes to hunt down the mother and kill anyone in his way (including two guys who were completely unarmed), gives me that vibe.
[close]

QuoteI've been wanting to see a more prominent one of those in Predator for a while now.  Curious to see how it's handled.
Same. Seeing bits of that with Ahab in Fire & Stone was really cool.

Corporal Hicks

#2 should be dropping today!

TilotnyWorshiper28

Spoiler
I liked   issue #2  but I don't think people will like their being other sapient aliens other then Yautja or humans
[close]

TilotnyWorshiper28

Excuse the double post but

December's Predator #5  Solicitation

PREDATOR #5
ED BRISSON (W) • KEV WALKER (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN • Variant Cover by GREG LAND Theta has been taken prisoner...but her captors aren't the Predators! Who are they? And will Theta be able to escape? Or will the Predators finally avenge their fallen kin?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Cosmic Incubation

Issue #2
Spoiler
I overall enjoyed it, but I can't help but feel a lil blue balled that we don't see an actual fight with a Predator like the awesome cover art and variants suggests. But that's the nature of comic covers sometimes lol.
I'm enjoying the buildup and some of the character development. I think I'm liking the direction it's going a lil more. Although I do agree about some of the other aliens looking a little too Guardians of the Galaxy esque. But it doesn't ruin the series for me, so far.
[close]

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

So...
Spoiler
Is this Predator meant to be the new continuity's Enforcer?
[close]

Xiggz456

Just read issue 2 and so far I'm really enjoying the pacing of the series. Not a lot of Predator in this issue but I liked that Theta had other obstacles to overcome. My minor nitpick would be that the rate
Spoiler
of new sentient aliens appearing is a bit jarring so far but I suppose that could be due to the Pred's Hunting Map and humans access to Predator tech.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I'm okay with it not having a Predator in every single issue. I imagine it'll be a 6 issue arc, so I'm happy with them taking their time.

I'm not sure about the new
Spoiler
aliens. Just seemed a little too comical, but I'll roll with it and see where it goes.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed