Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 138,835 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#810
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 17, 2021, 03:50:25 AM
I'd fake hire a bunch of people to throw off the media and mess with people like us.
Like hiring a (famous) actor, make him sign an NDA and then release a picture of him in a familiar setting or with some known item from whatever franchise.
When people are riled up enough, I'd do it again.


Clubroot

Clubroot

#811
The fact that Jeff Cutter left out Kyle and deleted the IG post makes me think they are holding off the Predator reveal and trailer for awhile. Not even the Imdb lists kyle, strange. It could be possible that DD and Kyle will both be portraying the same Pred in certain scenes, or maybe there is going to be 2 of them at some point. I'm still #teamsasquatch or bear tho

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

#812
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 17, 2021, 01:28:14 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 17, 2021, 03:50:25 AM
I'd fake hire a bunch of people to throw off the media and mess with people like us.
Like hiring a (famous) actor, make him sign an NDA and then release a picture of him in a familiar setting or with some known item from whatever franchise.
When people are riled up enough, I'd do it again.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SandyAbandonedAardwolf-max-1mb.gif

The final result will be about how predators originated from crabs like we originated from monkeys.
But it'll the next stage in their evolution, making them look extra crabby.


Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

#813
It won't be Sasquatch, and at most it will be a bear. However, there was a potential for cheap viral marketing, since unlike the Predator which is an artistic creation with entertainment as its main purpose, Sasquatch is part of folklore and as such there are people who believe in its existence. They could have done an alternate reality game, posting creepy photos and videos of a guy disguised as cryptid, with challenges on social media persuading people to film the creature to share their experiences online, as they try to figure out where the next sighting of the elusive creature will be.


Wysps

Wysps

#814
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 16, 2021, 11:37:23 PM
It may be pop corn entertainment. But in a way it shows audiences something related to a culture. I could bet that if a movie about Norse deities use Viracocha as a being part of Norse cosmology, people would already be complaining and all. Hell! I've seen people claiming that a WWII movie with zombies can't have black soldiers because it's historically inaccurate, and Polish people being picky about The Witcher. We must be empathetic, but aye! I must admit that I base my comment on anecdotal evidence observed here on the site and on the internet.

Although the mythological concept has diverse origins.


There's something about humanity that just likes the idea of a giant ape-man roaming around the hillside  :laugh:  "Bigfoot" is seriously like, a lifestyle in some places.

But I agree, though the idea is kind of fun, it's a stretch.  And then you run the risk of misappropriating elements of one culture onto another, which even if there's good intentions, can still be in poor taste.  Plus, why go that route when you could potentially use a giant Grizzly?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

#815
Quote from: Wysps on Sep 18, 2021, 06:08:26 PM
Plus, why go that route when you could potentially use a giant Grizzly?

Absolutely true.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

#816
Because the movie would sell a lot tickets to millennials and zoomers obsessed with (the internet version of) wendigos?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

#817
I don't know anything about that lol I only found this.  :laugh:


City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

#818
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 18, 2021, 04:06:51 AM
It won't be Sasquatch, and at most it will be a bear. However, there was a potential for cheap viral marketing, since unlike the Predator which is an artistic creation with entertainment as its main purpose, Sasquatch is part of folklore and as such there are people who believe in its existence. They could have done an alternate reality game, posting creepy photos and videos of a guy disguised as cryptid, with challenges on social media persuading people to film the creature to share their experiences online, as they try to figure out where the next sighting of the elusive creature will be.


Yautja playing pranks on humankind. I knew there was more to Sasquatch.

Stitch

Stitch

#819
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 18, 2021, 09:25:08 PM
Because the movie would sell a lot tickets to millennials and zoomers obsessed with (the internet version of) wendigos?
What's the internet version of a wendigo?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

#820
A hodge-podge with various other north american myths/legends, has big antlers.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

#821
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 18, 2021, 09:41:34 PM
Yautja playing pranks on humankind. I knew there was more to Sasquatch.

Movie idea:
Teenage predators go to Earth to dress up as cryptids and mess with humans.
But because they don't have weapons and aren't careful enough, one gets caught while playing bigfoot.
Then the others have to rescue him and get back home before their parents find out.

Title of the movie should be a sci-fi/space version of something like Caddyshack or Meatballs.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

#822
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 18, 2021, 11:55:17 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 18, 2021, 09:41:34 PM
Yautja playing pranks on humankind. I knew there was more to Sasquatch.

Movie idea:
Teenage predators go to Earth to dress up as cryptids and mess with humans.
But because they don't have weapons and aren't careful enough, one gets caught while playing bigfoot.
Then the others have to rescue him and get back home before their parents find out.

Title of the movie should be a sci-fi/space version of something like Caddyshack or Meatballs.

This needs to be made! It would be a nice bit of levity for the Predverse. :)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

#823
It'll take place during a ufo craze,
in the late 50's. Era of greasers, squares, cool cars and rock 'n' roll. And lots of intolerant people who don't take kindly to strangers, let alone alien beings.

Or the 60's. With hippies who want to see "bigfoot" released. They'll help the other preds to rescure their bud. And along their adventure are also introduced to another kind of bud.

Either way, a time with less tech, more open minded (stupid) people and great music.
And I wouldn't mind a short scene where they meet Elvis.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

#824
Shame Kevin Peter Hall is no longer around to do Predator vs Harry Henderson.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed