Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 141,705 times)

Tristan Schneider

Tristan Schneider

It feels too good to be true

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Adam's reaction - "That could very well be the best #Predator sequel, I walked out of that theater as very satisfied fan. I loved #Prey, and I can't wait to see it again!"

Rankles75

Rankles75

Wow, sounds hugely promising so far! Just need to avoid spoilers for a couple of weeks...  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Goddamn you guys ! Goddamn you for being so lucky ! I wanna watch that movie righr now !

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I felt it in my bones, no pun intended.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Super tired right now after the madness of SDCC and a premiere after so I'll share more later, but damn that was good. Still glowing about it. That Predator was brutal as f**k and looked phenomenal. 

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I am so glad this film is getting praise, I want nothing more than this to bring much needed glory back to this franchise and have people interested and excited to see a Predator movie again and want people to want to make more films.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 06:08:20 AMAnyone got any tea to spill about the flintlock? In spoilers, obviously.
...or without spoilers, whether we can expect something about it? ;)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have waited for 20+ years for a good movie in the franchise.
Maybe this is it?
And no, Prometheus and Predators didn't really do it for me.

felix

felix

August 5th can't come soon enough!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 22, 2022, 08:07:45 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 06:08:20 AMAnyone got any tea to spill about the flintlock? In spoilers, obviously.
I think anything beyond "it's  there", which the trailers show, will be a spoiler :P

SyntaX

SyntaX

Skeptical after The Predator movie. So much stuff that was changed and that movie "looked" good until it's release.

I was invited to a screening online but had to dip out last second.  I'm hearing very good things about this one though, unlike The Predator; which got botched by studio interference. Seems like Dan got it right and the studio actually made him make the movie he envisioned.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Neat to see a Predator move receive a positive reception. Don't want to get hopes up, Prometheus received an early positive reception only  >:( to be eviscerated by many movie goers and fans, "not all tho" I'm calling it now there's going to be diviside in the fanbase and a subset that for some will either be not impressed not liking it which is there subjective experience of the movie and they're entitled to their opinion and criticisms whereas others who'll out right dismiss it claiming its "WOKE"  . Wonder how much social media and the fan consensus will affect this movie. And give it a watch and judge for myself.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2022, 08:14:29 AM
Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 22, 2022, 08:07:45 AM
I think anything beyond "it's  there", which the trailers show, will be a spoiler :P

While I can't confirm what happened because I haven't seen Prey yet; during storyboarding they actually had a pretty neat idea.

Spoiler
Flintlock Pistol gets dropped, clear homage to P2. During the fight with the Feral Predator, the pistol is lost and "picked up" by an invisible entity. At this point, the audience assumes it's Feral coming back from the pistol. Near the end of the movie, when Feral has made some unworthy kills, he nearly finishes of the main lead. Before he does so; he gets shot in the back of the head. Enter Elder Predator, well... "Elder" ... eh, "Younger?" ... 
[close]

I'm hoping the above is still in it somewhat, but I wouldn't be suprised if this was changed due to it being a bit too much on the nose. Would love to hear about it though!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

This is great to hear. Gonna be a long two weeks...  :'(

Can I ask what the approximate running time was?

Do we get Predator vision in this, and if so, does it utilize the original P1/P2 sounds or have they changed it again?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed