[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 133,986 times)

SiL

SiL

I did forget Harrigan goes up the ladder first.

As I said earlier, the spear itself isn't a big issue, but it's the straw that broke the camel's back while watching. It's not so much that he doesn't seem worried about that injury as he doesn't seem to care about getting injured in the first place.

That lack of a sense of self preservation, coupled with his lumber-on-the-ground-toward-the-enemy approach, all goes towards feeling like Jason with a cloak. He doesn't feel like a character, he feels like a movie monster.

To me.

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 07:57:15 AMFalconer is killed by being cut open with a katana.

As much as I like Predators, that moment felt very anticlimactic to me, like "Oh, that's it ?"

426Buddy

City Hunter doesn't attempt to go back to his ship until his arm is cut off. He tries to engage Harrigan with a chest and stomach full of  shotgun slugs up until that time.

Feral is shown fixing his wounds before the spear and we can easily assume he patches himself up after the injury.

Honestly it doesn't really feel out of place with the species unless you're trying grasp some straws.

OpenMaw

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 26, 2022, 01:23:31 PMCity Hunter doesn't attempt to go back to his ship until his arm is cut off. He tries to engage Harrigan with a chest and stomach full of  shotgun slugs up until that time.

That's exactly what he's doing after he throws the spear. He's looking towards the building where the ship is hidden.

426Buddy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 26, 2022, 01:29:00 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 26, 2022, 01:23:31 PMCity Hunter doesn't attempt to go back to his ship until his arm is cut off. He tries to engage Harrigan with a chest and stomach full of  shotgun slugs up until that time.

That's exactly what he's doing after he throws the spear. He's looking towards the building where the ship is hidden.

He just engaged Harrigan and missed, then uses he mask device as Harrigan knocks him off of the roof. I never got the impression that after throwing the spear the predator is looking for his ship on the edge of the roof. He chased Harrigan around until that moment.

SiL

SiL

He's facing away from Harrigan in the direction he wants to go. He throws the spear and turns around, rather than follow up.

PAS Spinelli

And? He still spent far more time trying to kill Harrigan after getting pumped full of slugs than Feral spent killing Tabee after being impaled

SiL

SiL

If you want to keep running circles be my guest, but I've said what I have to say and whether anyone agrees or not really doesn't matter.

Getting back on thread, I know they've been posted before but I wish they'd used the LEDs in the mask at least once in the movie, it's a nice touch.

http://www.instagram.com/p/Ci5m7xlvyu5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 09:34:21 PMGetting back on thread, I know they've been posted before but I wish they'd used the LEDs in the mask at least once in the movie, it's a nice touch.

Criminal that they didn't.

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully we get a few deleted or alternate scenes on the Blu-ray utilizing it.

Kradan

Quote from: choccy milk on Sep 26, 2022, 10:04:09 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 09:34:21 PMGetting back on thread, I know they've been posted before but I wish they'd used the LEDs in the mask at least once in the movie, it's a nice touch.

Criminal that they didn't.

Eh, I think it would be a little too much

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 26, 2022, 11:46:00 AMAs much as I like Predators, that moment felt very anticlimactic to me, like "Oh, that's it ?"
That's the entire movie really...

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 29, 2022, 06:12:21 PMEh, I think it would be a little too much
Depends on how it's photographed!

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: choccy milk on Sep 29, 2022, 06:15:05 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 26, 2022, 11:46:00 AMAs much as I like Predators, that moment felt very anticlimactic to me, like "Oh, that's it ?"
That's the entire movie really...

Exactly  :laugh:

Master Chief

They used it briefly. The LEDs can be seen through the blood right after he killed the bear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed