Should Disney reboot Alien vs. Predator? [Space.com]

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2022, 11:46:28 AM

Author
Should Disney reboot Alien vs. Predator? [Space.com] (Read 11,134 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.space.com/should-disney-reboot-alien-vs-predator

QuoteNext up for the Alien and Predator franchises are a TV series led by Noah Hawley and a new film titled Prey respectively. Both stories appear to be breaking away from previous instalments and looking to expand their universes' horizons. While all that sounds like a refreshing change of pace, there may be something worth recovering from the pasts of these two iconic space creatures. So, should Disney reboot Alien vs. Predator?

Yes. Yes, they should.

Sol

Hard yes.

BigDaddyJohn

Let's not make it PG 13 please.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be much happier if the franchises stayed in separate lanes.

Prey seems to finally be getting the Predator series back on track in exciting ways after the last couple movies, Covenant molded the Alien prequels into something I'm genuinely interested in, and the Hawley show has me feeling pretty cautiously optimistic right now.

Not itching for a crossover anytime soon.

judge death

Please let this idea die, and we dont get another avp movie.

Local Trouble

As if Disney would turn down the opportunity for another shared universe...

Kradan

Make another AvP movie, hell yeah. But do it right this time

SiL

Eight more years to go and I'm set.

Local Trouble

Time to start pre-production?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 13, 2022, 04:41:55 PM
But do it right this time

So you mean a direct adaptation of the original comic, with any sequels swerving hard away from War, then, right?

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2022, 09:41:33 PM
Time to start pre-production?
I've already got ADI doing concepts.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 13, 2022, 09:47:32 PM

So you mean a direct adaptation of the original comic, with any sequels swerving hard away from War, then, right?

No, a 1:1 faithful adaptation of DOTS.

Kradan

Kradan

I don't care too much about adapting original comics. Just treat creatures with more respect than two monsters punching each other. They should feel like a mythological beasts that fought for centuries, please no Predators encountering Aliens for the first time bullshit. I might get heat for it, but as far as, lore additions go, I think 2004 movie did a good job. I love whole "ancient aliens" angle of it, Predators teaching humans how to build pyramids, re-nterpreting sacrificial rituals of civilisations long gone as being merely a part of Predators hunting routine etc. I would love these concepts being explored further by a better filmmaker

Oh, and set it in the future

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2022, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 13, 2022, 09:47:32 PM

Any sreenwriter who would be able to make sense out of that comic alredy worthy of some award

Local Trouble

It may be the only thing that'll lure SM out of seclusion.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2022, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 13, 2022, 09:51:03 PM
I've already got ADI doing concepts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed