Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 314,432 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I mean the tweet also said its a Concept Teaser Poster and not Official Poster, so....

ace3g

ace3g

From the IG story of

Visual Effects by
Lara Bannister   ...   VFX Data Wrangler / VFX Production Coordinator

Kailem

Kailem

Pred-vision case 1......Pred-vision case 2......Bigfoot confirmed?!?!

Doomofman

Doomofman

That suggests that the predator's vision is done with an actual camera setup rather than just some CG filter. I think possibly everything after P2 was a computer effect rather than in-camera, right?

Kradan

Kradan

I would think so. AvP went for red-orange palette, Predators and The Predator went back to the blue one, but seemingly forgot to add green

Ironically, as bad as Requiem was, it arguably got the closesr to replicating first two movie heat vision look

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree, Requiem was good in that regard. It was horrible in The Predator.

SiL

SiL

Everything after Predators was CG. AvP and AvPR used IR cameras. No film used raw IR footage, it was always heavily processed.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 19, 2022, 03:31:38 PM
From the IG story of

Visual Effects by
Lara Bannister   ...   VFX Data Wrangler / VFX Production Coordinator

There could be a substancial amount of pred pov scenes, since its the predator species first hunt on earth.
A little bit like how the predator pov was used in the original, when he was observing that scorpio.

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2022, 09:04:00 PM
I would think so. AvP went for red-orange palette, Predators and The Predator went back to the blue one, but seemingly forgot to add green

Ironically, as bad as Requiem was, it arguably got the closesr to replicating first two movie heat vision look

Yeah , let's hope they kept those details and sounds effects back again in Prey.Especially the heartbeat.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Would be nice!

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2022, 09:04:00 PM

Requiem's thermal vision was perfect as it's done well to honor the look of the old thermal vision of the classic films but also has an HD quality that I expect of an advanced race of hunters that would need every vital detail of their surroundings that they can get.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 13, 2022, 08:56:07 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 13, 2022, 07:28:56 PM
Big hairy man hardly tickles the part of me that likes cryptids.

This. It's not even in the top 5 north american cryptids/mythic creatures.

Bro you don't even live in North America so please enlighten as to what the top 5 cryptids are over here. If anything Bigfoot sightings have increased with over 5000 sightings spread across all 50 states in 2020 alone. It is hands down the most well known cryptid on this continent.

That being said I highly doubt that there'll be a Sasquatch in Prey but I wouldn't mind seeing that kind of face off in the EU. Considering "If It Bleeds" had an interesting story with a rougarou (Cajun werewolf) and "Hell and Hot Water" had giant tardigrades there's precedent for these type of hunts.

BlueMarsalis79

The most well known and by far the most laughable.

Nobody's arguing that it's lacking notoriety.

CB means in terms of the idea being compelling.

Immortan Jonesy

Donald Trump is not considered a cryptid yet?

ace3g

ace3g

I wasn't sure but I noticed recently some of the cast (were hanging out together) and crew hinted at possible reshoots, additional filming through IG stories.

and now this, see photo in attachment.

** Jhane Myers and Amber Midthunder shared the same story as well.

ace3g

ace3g

Watching U.S. Marshals, the swamp scenes would be an awesome setting for a Predator movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed