Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 315,160 times)

David

David

Quote from: SiL on Feb 08, 2022, 06:57:32 AM
I'd rather keep it to space monsters. I'm more than happy to see a Predator fight a bear.
Is it confirmed that Predator is gonna fight a bear?

Kradan

Kradan

I can just imagine when trailer finally drops and all the people in the comments will be like "WTF, where's the sasquatch ? ". And couple of days later confused executives will announce that movie wil be postponed for several months to add 10 minutes worth of Predator vs shitty CGI sasquatch scenes

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 08, 2022, 06:51:58 AM
I am still unsure about the Sasquatch thing. In one way, it sounds awesome as hell, how can I refuse such a battle? On the other hand, wouldn't this also open the door to other mythical and supernatural ideas like vampires or werewolves being a thing for the Predator canon since we got beings of myth existing on Earth now? Would that be a good or bad step to take?

Personally, I like the idea of a 30 Days of Night vampires fighting Predators in a comic crossover of sorts, but in an actual film canon? Errrr I don't know about that one chief, feels like it can go bad too easily.

I believe you can have a Bigfoot without inviting mummies, the undead, zombies, werewolves and the like into Predator continuity. The Sasquatch is more reality based than those other creatures, when considering the portion of the world that still believe right now that they exist or did exist, and there has documented encounters between Native Americans and these creatures. It's like believing in UFOs, or the Loch Ness monster. It never gets eyerolls to the degree of believing in Dracula or the Wolfman.

May 22, 2022, 09:30:43 AM

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 08, 2022, 08:06:32 AM
Or alligator

That would be cool!

May 22, 2022, 09:30:37 AM
Quote from: David on Feb 08, 2022, 04:07:36 PM
I'd rather keep it to space monsters. I'm more than happy to see a Predator fight a bear.

No. It's just confirmed that a large bear costume was used on set, and it's been declared by a producer that "Prey" will be more similar to "The Revenant" than any other Predator movie that preceeded it.

Immortan Jonesy

You're the predator right up until you're prey. The bear is hungry. 🐻🍗🍖🥩 *Nom Nom Nom*

SiL

SiL

Quote from: David on Feb 08, 2022, 04:07:36 PM
No, I'd just be happy for that to happen.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 08, 2022, 08:18:39 PM
You're the predator right up until you're prey. The bear is hungry. 🐻🍗🍖🥩 *Nom Nom Nom*

A little long for a tagline but I like it!

Master Chief

Master Chief

If we do get a Predator vs Grizzly fight, I hope it's with a dominant boar and not a sow protecting her cubs.

Unless, of course, the Predator adopts the two cubs, loves them, and teaches them how to hunt.  I'm sure we'll eventually get a Disney Animation from it.  :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 09, 2022, 05:24:05 PM
Unless, of course, the Predator adopts the two cubs, loves them, and teaches them how to hunt.  I'm sure we'll eventually get a Disney Animation from it.  :P

I'd laugh this off if I didn't get a Terminator recently with a wife, a stepson, a drapery business, and one that changes diapers efficiently without complaints.

Kradan

Kradan

Is James Cameron involved with new Predator film ?

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2022, 07:51:18 PM
I believe you can have a Bigfoot without inviting mummies, the undead, zombies, werewolves and the like into Predator continuity. The Sasquatch is more reality based than those other creatures, when considering the portion of the world that still believe right now that they exist or did exist, and there has documented encounters between Native Americans and these creatures. It's like believing in UFOs, or the Loch Ness monster. It never gets eyerolls to the degree of believing in Dracula or the Wolfman.

I mean, personally, I agree, as at least not only there are account of various tribes of Sasquatch and not too long ago there was a animal that was like it called gigantopithecus blacki. As for the mainstream audience though, I am not sure they are even aware of the accounts but rather they see it through the lens of cryptozoology and myth like any other tall tale. Yeah, I don't even know the current thoughts of the mainstream on the status of Bigfoot so its all a guess at how they will digest this if there really is a Sasquatch angle on all of this.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 10, 2022, 04:14:43 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2022, 07:51:18 PM

I mean, personally, I agree, as at least not only there are account of various tribes of Sasquatch and not too long ago there was a animal that was like it called gigantopithecus blacki.

Interesting! Well that would certainly fit the build.

QuoteAs for the mainstream audience though, I am not sure they are even aware of the accounts but rather they see it through the lens of cryptozoology and myth like any other tall tale. Yeah, I don't even know the current thoughts of the mainstream on the status of Bigfoot so its all a guess at how they will digest this if there really is a Sasquatch angle on all of this.

Yeah, even Bigfoot in general. I have no idea how well known it is anymore with younger audiences. Back in the day, it was extremely well know. In movies like Harry and the Hendersons, on live-action TV fighting The Incredible Hulk and The Six Million Dollar Man. But young audiences now? Who knows.

There seems to be Sasquatch museums all over the U.S., but an indicator of how mainstream it is anymore... good question.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Big Foot is still pretty well known but the whole thing has become a bit more of a joke than when I was a kid.

BlueMarsalis79

It's a complete joke to me. Born in 1997 if that makes any difference.

Kradan

Kradan

Bigfoot/Sasquatch is a joke to me BECAUSE:

https://youtu.be/xzf09VKHlkc

426Buddy

426Buddy

In the 80's/90's it was a little easier to believe in cryptozoology, kind of like there was an air of mystery about it still.

Technology has really kinda pulled the curtain back on that kinda stuff. Or maybe when I was a kid everything felt more plausible, so could just be me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed