Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,188 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on Feb 04, 2022, 08:23:04 PM
That would be fantastic if this has the lost tribe from predator 2

Right? Or at least the Elder Grayback!

Although I believe the production synopsis said this took place before Europeans encroached their land, we have heard that flintlock backstory will be in Prey rumor from someone who snuck some on-set photos. And we briefly saw an actor listed under "Prey" on IMDB credited as a French Trapper, before it was pulled. We'll see!

Junior

Junior

I really hope you guys are prepared for the final nail in the coffin of the Predator franchise. They're not even trying to hide the fact that this is a feminist/women can out-do men piece of crap! That's all Hollywood cares about. Dark Fate did wonders for the Terminator franchise (insert sarcasm), didn't it? This will undoubtedly be the worst Predator film of the franchise, and I honestly hope they don't make anymore! If you want a real Predator movie, then stick with the original two, and pretend the others don't exist. I'm not saying "Predators" was bad. On the contrary, I thought it was better than "The Predator", but the way in which Adrien Brody killed the berserker Predator wasn't believable in the slightest, and, if anything, it was simply cartoonish. I hate to be a downer, but you should seriously consider lowering your expectations, because you're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. Long live Dutch Schaefar!

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: Junior on Feb 05, 2022, 05:17:10 PM
I really hope you guys are prepared for the final nail in the coffin of the Predator franchise. They're not even trying to hide the fact that this is a feminist/women can out-do men piece of crap! That's all Hollywood cares about. Dark Fate did wonders for the Terminator franchise (insert sarcasm), didn't it? This will undoubtedly be the worst Predator film of the franchise, and I honestly hope they don't make anymore! If you want a real Predator movie, then stick with the original two, and pretend the others don't exist. I'm not saying "Predators" was bad. On the contrary, I thought it was better than "The Predator", but the way in which Adrien Brody killed the berserker Predator wasn't believable in the slightest, and, if anything, it was simply cartoonish. I hate to be a downer, but you should seriously consider lowering your expectations, because you're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. Long live Dutch Schaefar!

In my opinion, once ADI/KNB designed the preds,and continued to do so after AVP, this fact alone was the final nail in the coffin of the franchise,to me  a good movie with a wrongly designed predator is worthless, not that both AVPs, The Predator and Predators were any good.They all had their moments (the AVP flashback),  or small improvements (Wolf in AVPR), but they were all subpar eventually. I'm starving since Predator 2, but I'm remaining uncompromising.I wish the fanbase was more demanding, not just paying then complaining but complaining first, it's worth a try.

About the feminist trend, I'm not a fan of it, I don't like propaganda, but I will say that I'm not against the strong female type if it is handled correctly , Vasquez is a yes, Ghostbusters (2016) or Terminator 6 is a no, and a myriad of of netflix recent crap.
As of today, there is no way to be sure about how it will handled in Prey, but I understand your mistrust.You'll have to wait until June I guess.

A handful of fans are hopping to see the predator Elder as a younger version of itself in Prey, or maybe for just a cameo, as the story is set in
1716 (Dan Trachtenberg started his work on Prey aka Skulls in 2016, and the story is set 300 years prior).
It would be such a nice touch. There is still some hope.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh gaaaaawd, kill me someone, please

Junior

Junior

I don't think there's any hope, and I think you will be disappointed. But I completely agree with everything else you said in your reply. 

[cancerblack]

I think it'll be a fun movie, not an instant classic but not total shit either.

But the mandibles will look poos.

Nightmare Asylum

Dark Fate did wonders for the Terminator franchise (insert sarcasm), didn't it?

It's the only watchable film in the franchise post-Terminator 2.

Spartansniper619

I.. Can't even... Wow.
This forum was so nice back when there was no Predator movie with a woman lead announced, I miss that time, it really did bring out the worst from some people, I'll just stop coming eventually cause each time I do It's worst than the previous one, more and more awfull and stupid "fragile masculinist" stuff. Embarassing.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Spartansniper619 on Feb 07, 2022, 07:37:08 AM
I.. Can't even... Wow.
This forum was so nice back when there was no Predator movie with a woman lead announced, I miss that time, it really did bring out the worst from some people, I'll just stop coming eventually cause each time I do It's worst than the previous one, more and more awfull and stupid "fragile masculinist" stuff. Embarassing.

If you ignore anything posted by a guest account, it's still much like it always was.

David

David

After all we know so far do you think we will see sasquatch in the movie?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 06, 2022, 05:53:54 PM
I think it'll be a fun movie, not an instant classic but not total shit either.

I'll take that!

QuoteBut the mandibles will look poos.

I'm used to taking that!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 06, 2022, 08:05:12 PM
Dark Fate did wonders for the Terminator franchise (insert sarcasm), didn't it?

It's the only watchable film in the franchise post-Terminator 2.

When I'm drunk I find it extremely watchable.

Quote from: David on Feb 07, 2022, 02:41:37 PM
After all we know so far do you think we will see sasquatch in the movie?

No...

but the dream is not over yet!!!

Kradan

Kradan

I watched Dark Fate once at the cinema and once at home. Don't have any desire to re-watch it. Everybody looks kinda miserable and tired in that movie and definetly not in a good way. Whole killing off John Connor, bringing back elderly Sarah Connor, replacing Skynet with another Skynet and John Connor with what's-her-face also have not sat well with me over time. Genesis at least had bonkers plot, some funny moments and I liked guy who played evil robot John Connor hamming it up

Also it royally sucks that's the movie I chose to drag my dad into cinema to watch together on my b-day and I'm gonna forever hold that against the movie :-\

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I am still unsure about the Sasquatch thing. In one way, it sounds awesome as hell, how can I refuse such a battle? On the other hand, wouldn't this also open the door to other mythical and supernatural ideas like vampires or werewolves being a thing for the Predator canon since we got beings of myth existing on Earth now? Would that be a good or bad step to take?

Personally, I like the idea of a 30 Days of Night vampires fighting Predators in a comic crossover of sorts, but in an actual film canon? Errrr I don't know about that one chief, feels like it can go bad too easily.

SiL

SiL

I'd rather keep it to space monsters. I'm more than happy to see a Predator fight a bear.

Kradan

Kradan

Or alligator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed