Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 316,955 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 16, 2021, 07:45:20 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Nov 16, 2021, 03:09:37 AM
Repeat but from official Hulu account.

https://twitter.com/hulu/status/1460391923647135755

i could be wrong but saying ONLY on hulu means that it won't be on any other streaming service. there may still be potential for theatrical.

I don't know. When I read "only on Hulu" for Prey.... as in "only in theaters" for West Side Story, I take it as the release is exclusively available in that format.

And if we go back years ago, way before Marc Toberoff said Prey would be released on Hulu, back when the Disney execs came to 20th Century Fox after the acquisition and reviewed and hacked up their current film slate in development, it was announced roughly half of those films would be moved from a theatrical release to a streaming release. So this all lines up.

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2021, 02:06:32 PM
Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 16, 2021, 07:45:20 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Nov 16, 2021, 03:09:37 AM
Repeat but from official Hulu account.

https://twitter.com/hulu/status/1460391923647135755

i could be wrong but saying ONLY on hulu means that it won't be on any other streaming service. there may still be potential for theatrical.

I don't know. When I read "only on Hulu" for Prey.... as in "only in theaters" for West Side Story, I take it as the release is exclusively available in that format.

And if we go back years ago, way before Marc Toberoff said Prey would be released on Hulu, back when the Disney execs came to 20th Century Fox after the acquisition and reviewed and hacked up their current film slate in development, it was announced roughly half of those films would be moved from a theatrical release to a streaming release. So this all lines up.

well that's disappointing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Suddenly I fear this movie will give us another human-predator alliance... I've already seen that, and it was horrible, so please no.

Master

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 16, 2021, 02:45:13 PM
Suddenly I fear this movie will give us another human-predator alliance... I've already seen that, and it was horrible, so please no.

It will be Human- Sasquatch  alliance against the Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#TeamSasquatch

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 16, 2021, 02:45:13 PM

What spurred this fear all of a sudden?

*Instead of dead bodies below, picture dead bears?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

IDK, just a really sudden feeling, and the setting that could favor that also. I mean, possible europeans columnists arriving at one point in the movie, the heroin and predator ending up in an unneasy alliance... I could totally see that happening.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 16, 2021, 04:14:41 PM
IDK, just a really sudden feeling, and the setting that could favor that also. I mean, possible europeans columnists arriving at one point in the movie, the heroin and predator ending up in an unneasy alliance... I could totally see that happening.

Hmm.

The question is will Naru be saying those magical words to the Elder, only for the Elder to repeat those magical words to Harrigan so many years later....

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Haha possible also !

[cancerblack]

columnists arriving

Now all I can picture is a bunch of Vice and Gawker writers invading the plains to cancel the Predator mid-hunt.

Hed-Veta

Hed-Veta

As much as I would like to see Greyback again (although, more correctly, the Golden Angel), I would really not want a retcon of "1718". This is a very good comic. It would be great if the plot is implemented in such a way that the Predator starts hunting Indians, and by the end of the film, events will force him and Naru to cooperate against the colonists. And as an epilogue to show the meeting of Angel and Adolini.

[cancerblack]

Let's not, and say we did.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2021, 05:35:09 PM

Hmm.

The question is will Naru be saying those magical words to the Elder, only for the Elder to repeat those magical words to Harrigan so many years later....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/22bb214b6dbd8809ba1ee79ae5122e00/tumblr_ny735v58P41uk3oooo1_400.gif

Idk about Predator allying itself with the tribe, as there is no real motivation I can see a Predator to do so, rather instead I can see desperate Spaniards allying with Naru and her tribe to be rid of the creature that was also hunting them too. Teeth clenching teamwork trope, ya know?

Oh and that's a surprising thought Voodoo, I didn't think you would want to retcon such a great comic book classic?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 16, 2021, 07:31:45 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2021, 05:35:09 PM

Hmm.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/22bb214b6dbd8809ba1ee79ae5122e00/tumblr_ny735v58P41uk3oooo1_400.gif

Idk about Predator allying itself with the tribe, as there is no real motivation I can see a Predator to do so, rather instead I can see desperate Spaniards allying with Naru and her tribe to be rid of the creature that was also hunting them too. Teeth clenching teamwork trope, ya know?

Oh and that's a surprising thought Voodoo, I didn't think you would want to retcon such a great comic book classic?

I just ♡adore♡ Predator 1718. It's on my Predator Mount Rushmore of comics along with Predator (Concrete Jungle) Issue #1 and Predator: Hunters Volumes I & II. But 1718 isn't even the length of a single comic and has been always a retelling in my mind anyway (the unknown Thomas' story behind that gun being the original tale.)

In 1990 the Thomas Brothers and Kevin Peter Hall both alluded to the flintlock being an opening for a "Predator 3", with the Thomas Brothers receiving a half-hearted offer to direct - if Predator 2 was a hit at the box office. So the creators seemingly felt this was the right direction to go with a new Predator film and I do too. I just hope both Trachtenberg and Patrick Aison can finally do it justice (if it ultimately comes true).

Corporal Hicks

I'm not so bothered with 1718 being retconned either. The comics are in support of theatrical, so it's not unusual that this happens. I enjoy 1718 but it's never been one of those ones I hold on up high personally.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

You heathen! :D Digital coloring? Bah! 1718 should be held up high for its oil painted pages alone! Those are gallery pieces!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed