Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 316,826 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

After almost 20 years, people are really expecting the criticism of ADI predators to stop now?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 20, 2021, 07:27:07 PM
After almost 20 years, people are really expecting the criticism of ADI predators to stop now?

No, and of course folks are entitled to their opinions. We're just being snarky here.

But it would be nice to once in a while post about them without thinking "oh boy, here we go..."  :P

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 20, 2021, 07:00:33 PM
Significant others united is a very good thing to see, but telling us to get a life is perhaps a weee little bit harsh?

I understand how that could come off as being harsh which is why I edited and deleted my snarky comment quickly after. So I don't think its fair to bring that up as I already corrected myself?

That being said, being a long time fan it gets very tiring seeing the same negative comments being brought up in every post. I'm down for constructive criticism in the appropriate threads (as there is even some stuff I agree with).

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Oct 20, 2021, 07:55:23 PM
Significant others united is a very good thing to see, but telling us to get a life is perhaps a weee little bit harsh?

I understand how that could come off as being harsh which is why I edited and deleted my snarky comment quickly after. So I don't think its fair to bring that up as I already corrected myself?

That being said, being a long time fan it gets very tiring seeing the same negative comments being brought up in every post. I'm down for constructive criticism in the appropriate threads (as there is even some stuff I agree with).

Sizzy, RidgeTop messaged me that you edited your post, so I just came in to edit mine, but now that you responded again I guess I'll leave it.

But I'm not sure it's reasonable to suggest I'm not being fair for replying to you. I didn't notice you made an edit when I was typing a reply. If I did, I would have changed it.

In regards to this generally at no one in particular, I always suggest for myself to remember to take a step back from any topic we're passionate about, if I sense I'm starting to feel heated towards others, especially if others do not see it your way. I have to remember we're all fans here.

As a fan of "Predator 2" before it was somewhat 'in' to do so.... or probably more pertinent... as a fan of "AvP: Requiem" I constantly hear what a piece of garbage the film is constantly... more than ADI gets criticism for the Predators. But it's very freeing to not let other people's opinions affect you or the things you love.  :)

Cheers!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Oct 20, 2021, 07:55:23 PM

You may want to avoid the Egg on the Sulaco thread.. heck may just want to avoid internet forums.

SiL

SiL

Egg on the Sulaco thread is at least dedicated to just that one idea. You know what you're getting into. There's no thread safe from "crabator" bashing. You think you're talking about ice cream? Wrong, it's crabator time.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Oct 20, 2021, 08:50:42 PM
Egg on the Sulaco thread is at least dedicated to just that one idea. You know what you're getting into. There's no thread safe from "crabator" bashing. You think you're talking about ice cream? Wrong, it's crabator time.

Yep, that's the thing I'm pointing at.

Someone possibly playing a Pred stopped into ADI...

Cool, right?CRABATORS!!!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

To be fair it's the nature of every Alien & Predator thread here. Alien or Predator, often the conversation leads off the book, comic, or film at hand into many different directions, often into ongoing debates that never end - just go on hiatus.  :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 20, 2021, 08:56:27 PM

Yep, that's the thing I'm pointing at.

Someone possibly playing a Pred stopped into ADI.

Cool, right?CRABATORS!!!

Hey, but to be fair, we all do it. We can't just only get annoyed with the topics we don't agree with.

SiL

SiL

Sure, it's the nature of conversations to go on tangents. But all roads seem to lead to crabators. It's one topic that seems to be able to penetrate everything more than anything else, and it's usually the same two or three people getting the ball rolling every time.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Oct 20, 2021, 09:31:01 PM
Sure, it's the nature of conversations to go on tangents. But all roads seem to lead to crabators. It's one topic that seems to be able to penetrate everything more than anything else, and it's usually the same two or three people getting the ball rolling every time.

Nah, it usually comes up when it's relevant. Ridley says why Alien Covenant failed, we talk about the beast is cooked again. AvPR, comes up, people talk about how bad it is again. Comics and it goes back to tracing and Marvel again now. A pic of an ADI Predator shows up, people will reflect on how unhappy they are with it (including you in this thread). And it's going to stay revelant as ADI works on Skulls. Fandom baby!  :)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yes people do complain (and complain about people complaining like I did) here about everything.

Personally I try to be mindful about how often and how I go about my criticisms, even with things in the franchises I really don't like.

We've driven away franchise creators from this forum before who were kind enough to engage with us because of how poorly we've gone about criticisms, and although StudioADI doesn't currently have a social media manager active here like they did before, that may not always be the case. Hell I regret how I went about things with NECA even though I thought I was being civil.

As SizzyBubbles mentioned, just gets tiring, there are threads to discuss it till heart's content. And like her, I also agree with some of the criticisms of ADI designs, as much as I overall love that studio. There's a distinct difference between constructive criticism in the appropriate places and endless trolling/bullying.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 20, 2021, 10:07:50 PM
We've driven away franchise creators from this forum before who were kind enough to engage with us because of how poorly we've gone about criticisms,
I'm innocent I tell you, innocent!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Oct 20, 2021, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 20, 2021, 10:07:50 PM
We've driven away franchise creators from this forum before who were kind enough to engage with us because of how poorly we've gone about criticisms,
I'm innocent I tell you, innocent!

:D

I wasn't just pointing at you!

SiL

SiL

"Just" :laugh:

But it's true. There's not even a fine line between being a passionate fan and just being an obnoxious bully. The problem is when you're only surrounded by other fans it gets difficult to see just how noxious the behaviour really is, and it's not until you come up against one of the artists that you get a wake up call.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed