Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 315,277 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Wendigo wouldn't be off limits. Though I can see them steering clear of it or having to work within the parameters of the cultural advisors. If anything mythological shows up I'm willing to bet money it's a case of mistaken identity where they think it's something else and it turns out it is the Predator. I don't think you'll get Predator going against Sasquatch as much I think Predator would be sasquatch. That could even be the reason for the bear. The Predator kills it, takes the pelt, and we see something big and furry in the distance which turns out is Predator.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 15, 2021, 01:03:45 PM
Wendigo wouldn't be off limits. Though I can see them steering clear of it or having to work within the parameters of the cultural advisors. If anything mythological shows up I'm willing to bet money it's a case of mistaken identity where they think it's something else and it turns out it is the Predator. I don't think you'll get Predator going against Sasquatch as much I think Predator would be sasquatch. That could even be the reason for the bear. The Predator kills it, takes the pelt, and we see something big and furry in the distance which turns out is Predator.

I like that image.  The bear could also do enough damage to the Predator to bring down its capacity, so we'd get a team-up of sorts: bear + humans (sacred forces of nature unite!)  Or, humans + Predator despite its lack of popularity, OR if we're feeling really sassy, bear + Predator and then the humans are f****d.

Either way, my money is on the Predator surviving this film.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

They're not going to let the Predator survive in the only film with a female lead.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 15, 2021, 02:41:37 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 15, 2021, 01:03:45 PM

I like that image.  The bear could also do enough damage to the Predator to bring down its capacity, so we'd get a team-up of sorts: bear + humans (sacred forces of nature unite!)  Or, humans + Predator despite its lack of popularity, OR if we're feeling really sassy, bear + Predator and then the humans are f****d.

Either way, my money is on the Predator surviving this film.

No Team ups!  Back to basics!

Other than that....

Wysps

Wysps

I admit, they're not the best of ideas  :laugh:  I'm going to stick to the Predator surviving (or at least an ending dissimilar to what we've had up until this point), but yeah Trash Queen - given that the lead is female and we are already getting a lot of "new" stuff in this movie, it wouldn't surprise me if it does bite the dust.

Aside from the bear-focus, if that costume is any indication, it probably wouldn't be a Wendigo since the legs are all wrong. 

DaniillLogOut

DaniillLogOut

Predator surviving doesn't necessarily mean that our lead has to die if that is what you mean TQ

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is just can see the journalistic outrage now if it did indeed come to pass.

Clubroot

Clubroot

A Wendigo would be cool and mythical AF, but I think Antlers got to this first. I can only assume that it was on the table, but I think the only furry we will get will be a giant bear or #Teamsasquatch.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 15, 2021, 05:44:26 PM
It is just can see the journalistic outrage now if it did indeed come to pass.

So sad, but probably true  :-\

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 15, 2021, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 14, 2021, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 14, 2021, 09:54:53 PM
Sasquatch is boring honestly. Make it a Wendigo for Generation Meme bonus points. I know it's not the right tribe btw, but it doesn't have to be their monster.
Wendigos are a part of religions that are still used today so that's a no go
Why is it a no go? It's not like there haven't been films or stories which feature religious iconography. Not trying to be blase, genuine question.
Because it would be insulting to a culture that has already been shat on by Americans far too much?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 15, 2021, 12:00:52 PM
There's actually a wendigo movie called "Antlers" that hasn't been released yet, been waiting forever on that one. Also lets not forget Ravenous.

Pretty sure Wendigo wouldn't be off limits for religious reasons.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 14, 2021, 10:28:53 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 14, 2021, 09:54:53 PM
Sasquatch is boring honestly. Make it a Wendigo for Generation Meme bonus points. I know it's not the right tribe btw, but it doesn't have to be their monster.

Wendigo lore has always interested me. No idea if it's gonna be any good or not but I'm pretty curious about this one given some of the talent involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng5eyOfL8qM

When the f**k is this coming out? It feels like I've been waiting five years or so.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Apparently late October, in the States. Was originally due out here last April. I remember it was one of the very first movies to go once the pandemic kicked off in full swing late last March.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 15, 2021, 09:39:13 PM
Apparently late October, in the States.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 15, 2021, 11:36:34 AM
Why is it a no go? It's not like there haven't been films or stories which feature religious iconography. Not trying to be blase, genuine question.

I guess it's not politically correct to wrongfully portray native Americans.

Aside from that, not all religions are treated the same. The one with the guy who you can't draw comes to mind.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 15, 2021, 06:51:09 AM
If I remember correctly, a person becomes a wendigo after eating human flesh.
Would a predator become a wendigo (predigo?) after eating predator flesh?

Although it would be very supernatural, it would not stop being interesting. Not to mention, they can always make a 'midichlorian' by turning the Wendigo into an alien so that it wouldn't be magical. It would not be a good idea though.  :laugh:

For a moment I thought that the Wendigo-themed creature feature was the adaptation of this short film.  :laugh:

But now I know that it's not like that. And I also remember that I was totally in awe! when I learned that Del Toro was key in the project.  8)

But overall, it wouldn't bother me that the mythical legendary creature is actually the Predator. It was almost strange that Predator 2 didn't flirt with the idea that Rastafarian culture was somehow inspired by encounters with the Predator. Still my favorite Pred film ever.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed