Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,462 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 13, 2021, 02:50:31 PM

Okay, now if I had to bet one way or another, put all my money on one result, would I bet on a Sasquatch being in Skulls?  No. However, the idea is not 100% eliminated as a possibility in my mind either. Meaning I never thought they would show us a Practical FX Bear suit either. Never. Geez, what a spoiler reveal. But the bear-cat was pretty much out of the bag with fans. We hypothesized that a bear would be in it. Well same with the sasquatch-cat, also out of the bag, long before filming began. So yes, dammit, fingers crossed! :laugh:

Now, if they are reading our comments and posts and trolling us, well, that would be pretty funny. I'm already convinced Dan was intrenched in the fan community long before. Remember Dan came to John Davis while they were working on Shane's Black's The Predator and pitched this idea. (I just love the genesis of this. Rooted from a single director & single writer's vision versus a writer's room.) So if they're trolling us, that would be hilarious. #TeamSasquatch reminds me of the #TeamCap and #TeamIronMan I used to see everywhere when "Captain America: Civil War" came out

Quote from: Master on Sep 13, 2021, 07:15:57 AM
Funny as hell. Our discussions are being heard! Our ideas are out there!

I hope Dan paid close attention most of all to our crab allergies! 🦀

I mean, why would he be posting a picture of himself in a sasquatch suit otherwise  :laugh: or was this already confirmed to be from another production?

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 13, 2021, 03:17:25 PM
After careful consideration, I think I'd be totally cool with a bigfoot showing up in Skulls. I'm not expecting one to, but if it did I think I'd come down more on the "oh yeah!" side of the reactions than "oh no!"

LOL. I think I'd say the same for myself. Who knows, sasquatch doesn't have to be some cartoony lumbering buffoon, like it is in pop culture. It could be more monstrous, akin to psycho-bear from The Revenant. I'd be ok with this! I'd see a proper sasquatch movie, unrelated to Predator  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 13, 2021, 05:05:02 PM

Okay, now if I had to bet one way or another, put all my money on one result, would I bet on a Sasquatch being in Skulls?  No. However, the idea is not 100% eliminated as a possibility in my mind either. Meaning I never thought they would show us a Practical FX Bear suit either. Never. Geez, what a spoiler reveal. But the bear-cat was pretty much out of the bag with fans. We hypothesized that a bear would be in it. Well same with the sasquatch-cat, also out of the bag, long before filming began. So yes, dammit, fingers crossed! :laugh:

Now, if they are reading our comments and posts and trolling us, well, that would be pretty funny. I'm already convinced Dan was intrenched in the fan community long before. Remember Dan came to John Davis while they were working on Shane's Black's The Predator and pitched this idea. (I just love the genesis of this. Rooted from a single director & single writer's vision versus a writer's room.) So if they're trolling us, that would be hilarious. #TeamSasquatch reminds me of the #TeamCap and #TeamIronMan I used to see everywhere when "Captain America: Civil War" came out

I mean, why would he be posting a picture of himself in a sasquatch suit otherwise  :laugh: or was this already confirmed to be from another production?

There was a "#rental" hastag in at least one of the posts, and in combination with... what studio would allow a social media reveal like this if it's being used in the movie... we all assumed the chances were slim.

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 13, 2021, 05:22:04 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Sep 13, 2021, 05:05:02 PM

There was a "#rental" hastag in at least one of the posts, and in combination with... what studio would allow a social media reveal like this if it's being used in the movie... we all assumed the chances were slim.

Just because Dane posted a photo with that bigfoot costume doesn't mean that's the one used in the movie. from the looks of it he's played a bunch of different monsters etc.. He could be wearing a different suit or be something else entirely. There's no way of telling. We can't assume that some post from a few months ago is the tell-all for the plot of this movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Sep 13, 2021, 06:00:23 PM
Just because Dane posted a photo with that bigfoot costume doesn't mean that's the one used in the movie. from the looks of it he's played a bunch of different monsters etc.. He could be wearing a different suit or be something else entirely. There's no way of telling. We can't assume that some post from a few months ago is the tell-all for the plot of this movie.

Of course! That's why it never made it into one of our articles, not even the few with speculation. Even when the pics first caught my eye and I posted them in our forums, I had no idea Dane was definitely going to be working on Skulls. But since then... he turned out he was... and it's all just been fun fan speculation, dreaming up a scenario based on "real" recorded Native American encounters with a Bigfoot, where a Predator would be on Earth not to hunt the Comanche but something bigger (which may be accurate just with a bear).

Master

Master

Bear won't be as jaw dropping as Sas.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Sep 13, 2021, 06:25:17 PM
Bear won't be as jaw dropping as Sas.

Indeed!

#TeamSasquatch
:D

Master

Master

#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

Clubroot

Clubroot

#TeamSaquatch  ;D

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Sep 13, 2021, 07:32:11 PM
#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

Quote from: Master on Sep 13, 2021, 07:32:11 PM
#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life 

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 13, 2021, 08:23:59 PM

Seeing this apparel with "Skulls" Kyle is wearing makes me feel more and more that the title may remain legit. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy

Enjoy

I see a spider or face hugger in the branches design.

SiL

SiL

It's at least been the shooting title. Here's hoping it makes it to the final film.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 13, 2021, 08:34:01 PM
Seeing this apparel with "Skulls" Kyle is wearing makes me feel more and more that the title may remain legit. Fingers crossed!

I think it's possible they stick with that, and I wouldn't be opposed, but I also took Dan Trachtenberg's post about the title when it was making the rounds to mean that it hasn't been decided upon yet.

All this apparel gifted to the crew was probably set up ahead of time with the shoot.

[cancerblack]

RidgeTop

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed