Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 315,172 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 07, 2021, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Aug 07, 2021, 12:59:08 PM
give me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQtBOpEM_DA
The video is blocked due to copyright laws on my end so what is it about?

It's about cybernetic man fighting cybernetic yeti, all in deep delicious 70's sauce.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 08, 2021, 12:03:17 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 07, 2021, 11:09:35 AM
Is this our Yeti?

One can hope!  ;D

https://anomalien.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/beast-boggy.jpg

Sadly, I don't think Hollywood is capable of doing anything remotely interesting now-a-days.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oh, it was the Six Million Dollar Man episode? :laugh:

Master

Master

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 08, 2021, 07:30:11 PM

Yes, yes it was! I never heard about it before.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I only know about it because the Dynamite comics did an arc based on it.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

I guess being a winter set film, perhaps the Predator is wearing pelts, which could contribute to the bigfoot connotations.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Aug 08, 2021, 07:52:26 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 08, 2021, 07:30:11 PM

Yes, yes it was! I never heard about it before.

Those Bigfoots were made by Weyland-Yutani.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Master on Aug 08, 2021, 01:43:01 PM
It's about cybernetic man fighting cybernetic yeti, all in deep delicious 70's sauce.

:D

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 08, 2021, 12:03:17 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 07, 2021, 11:09:35 AM
Is this our Yeti?

One can hope!  ;D

https://anomalien.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/beast-boggy.jpg
Sadly, I don't think Hollywood is capable of doing anything remotely interesting now-a-days.
[/quote]

I'm still not 100% that if they can make the Sasquatch angle work, as for that same reason you stated. Feels like they will get clumsy with it and will be off putting because of it.

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Aug 09, 2021, 11:45:11 AM
I guess being a winter set film, perhaps the Predator is wearing pelts, which could contribute to the bigfoot connotations.

Wait, so does anyone know that will this take place in a summer or winter season? Seems more like a summer background, but with CGI and all that, it can change up a few things or something idk. Makes sense in the summer due to the heat and conflict angle but a winter season can make things work spectacularly well as a great change up from the usual.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

I usually kind of associate the Pacific Northwest as wintery terrain, even if it's set in Summer lol. There's a recent low budget thriller called Alone I'd highly recommend checking out to show you what I mean.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 10, 2021, 04:04:38 AM
Wait, so does anyone know that will this take place in a summer or winter season? Seems more like a summer background, but with CGI and all that, it can change up a few things or something idk. Makes sense in the summer due to the heat and conflict angle but a winter season can make things work spectacularly well as a great change up from the usual.

No winter for me thanks. I prefer to go back to the Thomas Brothers conception of Predators drawn to warmth. Only in the hottest years this happens. Plenty of time periods, opponents and locales to choose from without having to replay AvP Antarctica again.

In a related note for me, it was refreshing to hear Peter Briggs annoyed with Paul f*ck-the-lore Anderson for sticking the Predators in the snow too, especially without any effort to upgrade the Predators' apparel to compensate for the sub-zero temperatures.

So damn f**kstrating.

(I think I just invented a new word).

ace3g

ace3g

New story from Strauts

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2021, 10:07:12 PM
No winter for me thanks. I prefer to go back to the Thomas Brothers conception of Predators drawn to warmth. Only in the hottest years this happens. Plenty of time periods, opponents and locales to choose from without having to replay AvP Antarctica again.

In a related note for me, it was refreshing to hear Peter Briggs annoyed with Paul f*ck-the-lore Anderson for sticking the Predators in the snow too, especially without any effort to upgrade the Predators' apparel to compensate for the sub-zero temperatures.

So damn f**kstrating.

Can't remember but wasn't (or shouldn't?) the temperature be different that deep below ground?
Might be comparable to not wearing a jacket when driving somewhere because you'd only have to walk a minute to the entrance?

Totally unrelated: this is my kind of idea for a Predator movie, I don't know where else to post it.

set in Africa during heavy military conflict that coincides with a heat wave.

Africa provides excellent backgrounds and sceneries: big cities, small towns, slums, tribal villages, jungles, lakes,...
You can have a mainly black cast with one or few token white guys instead of the other way around. And it wouldn't be taking "the woke route". It's Africa, it's reality. And it would make sense for a local to be familiar with his environment and it's possibilities.

There's Predator comic book stories they could incorporate:
-Rite Of Passage
-The Pride at Nghasa
-Hunters II.

Combine those and you could have a sweet movie.

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This is something that has genuinely never bothered me. It's supposed to be a challenge. Hunting in uncomfortable conditions only adds to the challenge. It all made sense to me.

Master

Master

Same here. Inside of the Temple was very hot, so the conditions fits Predator standards,  puls it was supposed to be ancient from the times Bovotoya was habitable.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 11, 2021, 04:24:20 AM

So damn f**kstrating.

Can't remember but wasn't (or shouldn't?) the temperature be different that deep below ground?
Might be comparable to not wearing a jacket when driving somewhere because you'd only have to walk a minute to the entrance?

Except Lex and crew wore a jacket through their entire duration inside the pyramid. So it certainly can't be deemed as hot, or even warm, or they would have stripped their jackets off - especially with all that running and surviving.

Coming to LA during a ridiculous global warming heatwave and Keyes saying Predators are "drawn by heat and conflict" to Anna saying "only in the hottest years this happens and this year, it grows hot" (and this is the hottest times in the already hot jungles of South/Cental America)... it's establishing that Predators desire and / or need and / or optimally function in hot temperatures. It makes me suspect Predators may be cold blooded like lizards.

So this piece of lore had been established in two movies already. How one could have respected it is, at least show the audience Predators compensating for the cold - via technology, medicine or apparel. The way I take him, Paul Anderson would have never concerned himself with introducing a breather mask in Predator 2, because it seems he's either incapable or uninterested to think these things through to that degree. And his disregard/disdain for the smart-disc and established Predator ship aesthetics makes me think the latter.

They didn't have to speed up the life cycle of the Alien either. The teams certainly could have been stuck down there in the pyramid for days, and it certainly would have allowed some interesting quieter character moments as well. But you know, whatever.

QuoteTotally unrelated: this is my kind of idea for a Predator movie, I don't know where else to post it.

set in Africa during heavy military conflict that coincides with a heat wave.

Africa provides excellent backgrounds and sceneries: big cities, small towns, slums, tribal villages, jungles, lakes,...
You can have a mainly black cast with one or few token white guys instead of the other way around. And it wouldn't be taking "the woke route". It's Africa, it's reality. And it would make sense for a local to be familiar with his environment and it's possibilities.

There's Predator comic book stories they could incorporate:
-Rite Of Passage
-The Pride at Nghasa
-Hunters II.

Combine those and you could have a sweet movie.

That locale sounds pretty awesome actually!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed