Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 318,131 times)

goose_3387

goose_3387

As I've previously mentioned, I think the Revenant looks fantastic. Given The Revenant had a big budget can the guys making Skulls make it look that good with less money?

skhellter

skhellter

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-The-Revenant-cost-so-much-to-produce-when-most-of-it-was-filmed-outside-on-location

tl;dr
Director was a big diva.
It was shot on remote snowy locations, only with available light
the budget soared pretty easily.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 01, 2021, 03:14:16 PM
A purported plot leak for Predator 5/Skull(s).

It goes against the initial Skulls production synopsis of "in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands" But since we never know....

*SPOILERS* Read at your own risk:

Spoiler
I have a friend that was involved in the film. Here are a few small leaks that I know.

Skull is not the real title, it's actually Hunter. Which was the original title for Predator.

The film takes place during the Comanche wars, when a small native village is invaded by American infantry. The people are murdered and some are kept as slaves.

The film initially is from the perspective of the infantry similar to the original film, except our lead character is a female warrior who is captured.

Near the half way point all the infantry are murdered. And she begins her own battle against the predator.

It's almost as if Dutch died and the female character became the lead.

The film is meant to be showing the brutality from all perspectives.

That's all I know. I've heard it's actually incredible. Relatively low budget. And it mirrors a lot of the original.

Ive also heard they are considering backing out of it being a streaming film, because there is confidence in a theatrical release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/predator/comments/ovd2q9/predator_5_leaks/

[close]

I can see the actual title being Hunter. That's it. Don't trust the rest.

Doomofman

Doomofman

It goes against the initial Skulls production synopsis of "in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands" But since we never know....

Spoiler
I have a friend that was involved in the film. Here are a few small leaks that I know.

Skull is not the real title, it's actually Hunter. Which was the original title for Predator.

The film takes place during the Comanche wars, when a small native village is invaded by American infantry. The people are murdered and some are kept as slaves.

The film initially is from the perspective of the infantry similar to the original film, except our lead character is a female warrior who is captured.

Near the half way point all the infantry are murdered. And she begins her own battle against the predator.

That's all I know. I've heard it's actually incredible. Relatively low budget. And it mirrors a lot of the original.

Ive also heard they are considering backing out of it being a streaming film, because there is confidence in a theatrical release.

[close]

I think this would work better than what the plot was previously assumed to be. The whole 'drawn to conflict' angle and it fits the recurring theme of the movies starting out as one type of movie before blending into sci fi.

This all fits with that earlier rumor from reddit too, right? (I'm not sure if both bits of info came from the same reddit user or not)

Master

Master

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 01, 2021, 05:43:10 PM

Spoiler

[close]

I think this would work better than what the plot was previously assumed to be. The whole 'drawn to conflict' angle and it fits the recurring theme of the movies starting out as one type of movie before blending into sci fi.

This all fits with that earlier rumor from reddit too, right? (I'm not sure if both bits of info came from the same reddit user or not)

It's true that Predator works best as genre  film with Predator in it.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah that definitely sounds like it has good potential as far as a "general outline" goes if true.

nanison

nanison

What about the old gun Glover gets from one of the preds in predator 2, isn't it older then this film or is it from the same time period of the new film? Maybe we will get to see how a predator gets hold of this gun in the upcoming film. Would be a nice reference to predator 2 imo.

SiL

SiL

The gun is from after this.

The leak smells an awful lot like BS considering everything we've seen so far. Maybe the title.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2021, 08:17:44 PM
The gun is from after this.

The leak smells an awful lot like BS considering everything we've seen so far. Maybe the title.

I'm feeling the same way.  I hesitate to believe any of it... it just seems a little too different from everything talked about/shown up until this point.  Plus, in spirit it sounds kind of similar to Hostiles imo.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I speak from experience when I say I don't trust anyone doing leaks on reddit. Its usually bullshit a huge percentage of the time and anyone there can claim they know someone working on the film. Maybe one or two people there out of the hundreds is telling the truth but I don't trust leaks coming there ever. I can recall folks saying stuff about Assassin's Creed leaks in the reddit side, always saying the next game is taking place in Egypt/Japan/China/Indonesia ect. Fan favorite time periods and places that will always draw attention because people want it to be true. (Of course some places like Egypt and Greece have eventually been done but its just a matter of time so saying it will happen in the next year is just by eventual probability) 

The only thing that makes sense out of all of this is the conflict between the Comanche and US Army, as Predators are naturally drawn to heat and violent battles/warfare. The issue is wouldn't having the costumes and other things needed to have the US Army increase the budget? All that gunpowder, repeating rifles, uniforms, and horses would be expensive right?

SiL

SiL

They've also said it's pre-settlement. I'll take the production team over an anonymous Reddit leak.

nanison

nanison

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 02, 2021, 12:55:24 AM
The issue is wouldn't having the costumes and other things needed to have the US Army increase the budget? All that gunpowder, repeating rifles, uniforms, and horses would be expensive right?

Unless it looks as cheap as the awful film "Mohawk". I remember looking forward to that one.

GoroPredator

GoroPredator

Remember that time when everyone thought Predators was gonna look low budget as shit when photo's of those cages leaked  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It does.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Indeed.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I think some of Predators' lower budget could have been masked or less exposed if it was shot better - I was not impressed at all with the cinematography work - but I agree, as it stands Predators often looks low budget.

Quote from: Clubroot on Aug 01, 2021, 04:58:14 PM
@Master

I feel the same way lol well Dane Diliegro being attached to the project might be the only shimmer of hope for (Bear, Bigfoot, etc)to appear in the film in some form. Unless he is playing someone from the American infantry, but his height is better suited for a creature or a Pred.

As much as I love imagining the encounter above, and the Predator's original intent for coming to Earth being to hunt something bigger than than the Comanche Natives, Dane is roughly the same build and same height as Kyle Strauts, so perhaps it's as simple as they're both sharing Predator costume duties. Or just perhaps, there are two Predators featured in Skull(s)....

Quote from: nanison on Aug 01, 2021, 07:19:48 PM
What about the old gun Glover gets from one of the preds in predator 2, isn't it older then this film or is it from the same time period of the new film? Maybe we will get to see how a predator gets hold of this gun in the upcoming film. Would be a nice reference to predator 2 imo.

So Raphael Adolini's flintlock in Predator 2 was a Spanish gun, dated 1715. The name Raphael was also found/used in Spain. (But Adolini I believe is primarily an Italian name.)

Now in the 1700s, the Comanche in the southern part of America were not fighting colonists from England, but from Spain, so the time periods definitely sync if writer Patrick Aison decided to go there.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed