Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 313,155 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 22, 2021, 01:20:07 PM
Sometimes I think he says that to make me crazy. :D

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 21, 2021, 06:22:54 PM
The location still kind of puzzles me.  Is it historically accurate?

From what I understand, the Comanche were never in Canada, but rather the Southern portion of North America.

But as many of the movies filmed in cost effective Canada, it's locations are meant to mirror another region and doesn't necessarily mean the story is supposed to take place in Canada.

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 21, 2021, 07:49:00 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 21, 2021, 05:28:29 PM
Yes, an official first set photo would be very nice!

As other's have suggested, I'm guessing we won't get anything official until there's sort of clarity on the legal action

Filming of Skulls will likely be long since completed before the trial is completed, provided it goes to trial of course.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2021, 12:01:57 PM
I still expect to see the Emissary show up as this film's Predator though.

Bite your tongue Hicks!!!

I can live with a reuse of the bodies, but hopefully Dan Trachtenberg would never stand for a reuse of these faces!

https://i.ibb.co/fFc49pX/emissary.png

https://i.ibb.co/Qpy5Y3B/predator-evolution-11-701x394.png

What's wrong with the first face?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 22, 2021, 02:51:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 22, 2021, 01:20:07 PM
Sometimes I think he says that to make me crazy. :D

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 21, 2021, 06:22:54 PM
The location still kind of puzzles me.  Is it historically accurate?

From what I understand, the Comanche were never in Canada, but rather the Southern portion of North America.

But as many of the movies filmed in cost effective Canada, it's locations are meant to mirror another region and doesn't necessarily mean the story is supposed to take place in Canada.

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 21, 2021, 07:49:00 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 21, 2021, 05:28:29 PM
Yes, an official first set photo would be very nice!

As other's have suggested, I'm guessing we won't get anything official until there's sort of clarity on the legal action

Filming of Skulls will likely be long since completed before the trial is completed, provided it goes to trial of course.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2021, 12:01:57 PM
I still expect to see the Emissary show up as this film's Predator though.

Bite your tongue Hicks!!!

I can live with a reuse of the bodies, but hopefully Dan Trachtenberg would never stand for a reuse of these faces!

https://i.ibb.co/fFc49pX/emissary.png

https://i.ibb.co/Qpy5Y3B/predator-evolution-11-701x394.png

What's wrong with the first face?

For me, the gigantic lower mandibles, the oversized lower jaw, the huge and overly spaced out teeth on the lower jaw, the weird low slope the dreads seem to follow, the big space between the eyes and the upper 'lip'

In the end it's subjective really but those are the biggest things that stand out to me as differences to the OG predator face

Hudson

Hudson

So, by this EXACT logic, you also don't like the face in Predator 2?

And by exact logic, I mean the face being physically different, not all the literal details you just mentioned.

EDIT:

FWIW, the second example of the emissary face looks dumb to me, but that's because it looks like a sadboi when I thought the predators were supposed to be the monsters.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

For me, the proportion is way off. It's a no-neck bobble-head. Just look at the eyes of the actor in those slots compared to the size of the head. The thing is oversized like a space helmet.

And for all the reasons below.

Hudson

Hudson

These are also low-res production photos that aren't being presented the way the design would be presented on film. It's not a fair judgement call in that sense.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 22, 2021, 03:12:07 PM

And by exact logic, I mean the face being physically different, not all the literal details you just mentioned.

The first film is the only time they have got the face 100% right. The did such a good job that no-one has been able to replicate it since (in terms of realism and movement).

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 22, 2021, 03:16:58 PM

The first film is the only time they have got the face 100% right. The did such a good job that no-one has been able to replicate it since (in terms of realism and movement).

So every instance of a different design being used, or a variation on the original design, there's a percentage of the face being wrong, is what you're saying?

Have you sent this to Fox yet?

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 22, 2021, 03:18:09 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 22, 2021, 03:16:58 PM

So every instance of a different design being used, or a variation on the original design, there's a percentage of the face being wrong, is what you're saying?

Design is different from execution.

I mentioned it a few days ago - the original Pred looks like a real life alien. Looks more real than it looks like a guy in a suit.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

ADI needs to allocate more budget towards KY to make their Preds look properly slimy.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 22, 2021, 03:15:46 PM
These are also low-res production photos that aren't being presented the way the design would be presented on film. It's not a fair judgement call in that sense.

The resolution is just fine to me. Plus for me, I found the bobble-head proportion trouble already with the Fugitive Predator on screen to make a confident personal assessment with this Emissary, plus other issues...

Performance and puppeteer work is definitely part of the recipe, but when you have odd folds, rolls and skin pockets not on the maquette but on your final product, the problem can't be dismissed solely to improper resolution.

If you like it my friend, that is absolutely cool.  :) But I think it's unfair to think people crazy for greatly missing Stan Winston's work or believe they don't give valid reasons to dislike what came after it:

Cheers!  :)

Kradan

Kradan

A day is not the same without Voodoo Magic complaining about Crabators

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I can see those folds you don't like on the Predator 2 face as well.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 22, 2021, 04:32:37 PM

Also, it just hit me: Voodoo, instead of going through the trouble of posting all these ADI Preds pics why don't you just adopt using this clip ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 22, 2021, 04:33:18 PM

It's like saying there're wrinkles on God's face

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's almost like Voodoo is Anakin and Crabators are sand....  ;D

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 22, 2021, 04:33:18 PM

Yes sir, to a smaller degree, indeed:

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 14, 2021, 08:07:37 PM
Oh without a doubt. Especially with pausing, there has always been a slight roll or fold in both Jungle Hunter & City Hunter to find. Even in the shots we love to post...

But we're really talking apple seeds to watermelons here. And none of the Winston skin fold in opposite directions, or become loops, creating holes that can be filled with cannoli cream!  :D (I think I have my new gif idea!)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 22, 2021, 05:10:28 PM

It's almost like Voodoo is Anakin and Crabators are sand....  ;D

What does that make me ?

Spoiler
Sandy the Squirrel ?

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed