Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,085 times)

Kailem

Kailem

I like that logo, and also just seeing it referred to as "Predator V". The V goes well with the targeting laser and wigwam.

And yeah, we all pretty much figured this was the case for month now, but nice to have it officially confirmed. Fingers crossed they knock it out of the park!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 12, 2021, 07:23:22 PM
ADI eh? Send them your signature Voodoo, asap. Make a banner out of it, camp out in front of the studio. DO SOMETHING!! XD

I know. I know. :-\

We already basically knew it back in March based on the Instagram post in this article...

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/03/11/new-predator-film-skulls-pre-production-and-filming-dates-revealed/

...and I've been crying and drinking ever since.

Now I'm all out of tears, and a drunk!  :laugh:

ace3g

ace3g

What if they decided to go the subzero/scorpion route and we don't see the bottom of the face?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Is this a harbinger (down) of bad effects to come? ;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 12, 2021, 08:08:31 PM
What if they decided to go the subzero/scorpion route and we don't see the bottom of the face?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Pdz2g2pGZQvYP8LSCp8C1-hNlLncIGityu32rD34-6AMcNrcv0LTaBR-r7i38WBQpwL5yfvxHqsO6LPvS2MVzxOqpB7Z-ME8seAKWFey

Yes please! Where do I sign!

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2021, 08:22:59 PM
Is this a harbinger (down) of bad effects to come? ;)

g

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I'm sure the guys at ADI are nice, but I can't help but hate their work, I just want Preds to have their faces done right again

DaniilLogOut

DaniilLogOut

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Well good luck guys at Amalgamation Dynamics, we're all counting on you.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 12, 2021, 09:30:48 PM
I'm sure the guys at ADI are nice, but I can't help but hate their work, I just want Preds to have their faces done right again

From your lips to the Predator gods' ears, me too brother!

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 12, 2021, 10:20:44 PM
Well good luck guys at Amalgamation Dynamics, we're all counting on you.

I'm actually counting more on Dan Trachtenberg, or hoping he puts more focus on, and has the ability to, reign in ADI's previous problems. It may be a fool's hope, but it's my hope!

With that said I'm rooting for ADI here too. Nothing would make me happier to be singing their praises after the film's release!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Studio ADI again.....?

Isn't there....anyone else who can do this? Get some new blood working on these creatures?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

All honesty? I genuinely think they brought them back because they have the two suits from the last film, one of which Kyle Strauts actually wore. Predators are expensive costumes and it saves a ton of money that they have two of them left unused. ADI also has the AVP molds which means they'd just have to choose which incarnation of the weapons they'd want. If they're on the clock then it makes complete sense they'd use the guys who have a Predator just sitting there rather than reinvent the wheel.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 12, 2021, 11:19:38 PM
All honesty? I genuinely think they brought them back because they have the two suits from the last film, one of which Kyle Strauts actually wore. Predators are expensive costumes and it saves a ton of money that they have two of them left unused. ADI also has the AVP molds which means they'd just have to choose which incarnation of the weapons they'd want. If they're on the clock then it makes complete sense they'd use the guys who have a Predator just sitting there rather than reinvent the wheel.

Ah, right. Saving money.

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

We all new this was coming but doesn't make the news any easier. Too bad, I think there's potential for this story but..... ADI. No, don't deserve another shot, never did. Far better studios out there. Safe to expect more roadside haunted house Predators. You get what you pay for. Here we go again. Garbage.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Its a shame really. I never hated the designs of the Predators from previous films. Each are unique on their own that tells a story about themselves like Scar's bulkier and more armored appearance tells of a Young Blood that trained heavily for close combat against xenomorphs and wears plenty of armor to ward off edge and acidic damage. Wolf tells of an aged hunter that favors speed and years of combat experience to make up for lack of armor. Can't hit what you can't catch right? Even with Fugitive, the high tech armor that covers a whole lot more such as the entire chest area and even is less tribal in design than previous Predators tells me that this isn't an ordinary hunt, he is hunter-warrior on a mission will complete it or die trying. Down from the tech he uses such as even having a plasmacaster in his biomask which is the first to see in the series.

Its always, however, its always the mandibles that they always screw up. Its just that one aspect that they always fall flat on and thats so infuriating. Like fresh snow under the bright moonlight and then suddenly someone decides to piss on the picture perfect snow and just ruin the image. Its just that one gripe man, just that one gripe.

SiL

SiL

From what little we've heard about the budget I don't think cheaply reusing assets will be the main reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed