Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 314,389 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 04, 2021, 02:14:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 04, 2021, 09:03:44 AM
Well even if this movie turns out to be bad, it will definitely have some beautiful scenery.

The Predator was the ultimate low for the franchise. If they somehow manage to find a level lower than that then this franchise just needs to be buried and left alone for good.

I heard the exact same thing after AVP... Then the exact same thing again with AVPR...

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 04, 2021, 03:23:54 PM
Well even if this movie turns out to be bad, it will definitely have some beautiful scenery.

The Predator was the ultimate low for the franchise. If they somehow manage to find a level lower than that then this franchise just needs to be buried and left alone for good.

I heard the exact same thing after AVP... Then the exact same thing again with AVPR...

There's definitely a trend there...doesn't look good. 😅

Although I feel The Predator, as bad as it was, was more of an insult and middle finger to the fanbase then just straight up bad.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 04, 2021, 03:48:57 PM

Although I feel The Predator, as bad as it was, was more of an insult and middle finger to the fanbase then just straight up bad.

I disagree but hey, to each their own.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 04, 2021, 03:48:57 PM

I agree  :)

But it's also just straight up bad

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

To be fair, there wasn't an AVP film after AVPR.....

All I know is that The Predator is super low and I don't think Skulls will reach there, on the optimistic side. Lord knows that there are ways to make it worse but hey, I just want a great film.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

The Predator would've been a way better videogame. Had this been made in the early 2000's where every release had a videogame tie-in it probably would've been like X-men origins. Movie might be bad but you can at least appreciate a solid videogame. If only.

ace3g

ace3g

Looks like Jungjin Park is involved with Skulls for Fight Choreography.

QuoteThank you Steve give me huge opportunity🙏🙏
aka Steven McMichael - Stunt coordinator for the film.

Linked with this IG story from Kyle Strauts

**Also Dane DiLiegro has to be involved in some capacity.  He is constantly commenting on Skulls' cast member's social media posts (also following them as well).

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Cool! 👍

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 04, 2021, 09:45:34 PM
The Predator would've been a way better videogame. Had this been made in the early 2000's where every release had a videogame tie-in it probably would've been like X-men origins. Movie might be bad but you can at least appreciate a solid videogame. If only.

I think a video game could have been a safer choice.  Much in the same way that, if Concrete Jungle was a movie I probably would have had the same issues with it, but as a videogame it gets a pass.  Idk, but maybe just save the real crazy ideas for the video games.

ace3g

ace3g

1 day away from beginning of filming.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 06, 2021, 05:49:11 AM
1 day away from beginning of filming.

So they could potentially be shut down one week into filming?

SiL

SiL

Yes, potentially.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: SiL on Jun 06, 2021, 11:21:37 AM
Yes, potentially.

If shut down would Disney still have to pay everyone under contract?

SiL

SiL

Everyone would be paid for services already rendered.

They would not likely be entitled to pay them for the downtime should an injunction occur. Everyone's a contractor and so if the production shuts down, people usually don't get paid.

Productions shutting down is nothing new, unfortunately, and that's typically how it goes.

But we don't know the legal structures and contracts in place, so this is just based on a general case.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have a not great feeling about this film sadly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed