Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,157 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As has become tradition a catch all thread for the smaller things to do with Skulls that might not warrant their own thread or taking over another thread.

ace3g

ace3g

Another "hindsight is 20/20" news - Kyle Strauts, Dan Trachtenberg, and Amber Midthunder have all recently started to follow Dakota Beavers from the band WesternBoy on IG.

WesternBoy IG post shows them in Alberta Canada and the video from Dakota says they will be off the map for a couple of months but have some exciting news coming soon.

Neither of the band members have any IMDb profiles so maybe this has something to do with music for the movie.  Unless they have some type of background/extra role.

**Just noticed the WesternBoy IG account recently started to follow Amber Midthunder's mom's casting agency -- https://www.instagram.com/midthundercasting/ 

_____

Kyle Strauts' quarantine period in Calgary is over per his IG stories

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: ace3g on May 22, 2021, 09:17:23 PM
Another "hindsight is 20/20" news - Kyle Strauts, Dan Trachtenberg, and Amber Midthunder have all recently started to follow Dakota Beavers from the band WesternBoy on IG.

Yeah, I noticed Dakota Beavers a while back too. Part of me thought he might be involved, part of me thought perhaps someone keeps recommending his music.  :)

ace3g

ace3g

Some new photos from Strauts' IG stories

Seeing photos like this I wonder if we will see escape by river scenes like the one from The Revenant in Skulls

**Better yet what if Kee sets some type of trap that forces the Predator into the river.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Just bring on the Predator vs Bears action!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Bear or mythic creature? You can only have one.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2021, 02:17:00 PM
Bear or mythic creature? You can only have one.

No contest for me - Mythic creature for sure! Eric's idea that the Predator is on Earth to hunt something else. And make it a Yeti!

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 24, 2021, 02:08:22 PM
Just bring on the Predator vs Bears action!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/kMUNtbnRrwXAc/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9529c0cab2f8c9c1954e4437f53b328979df181fc21&rid=giphy.gif

Opening scene - Predator stalks (only seen through Predator vision) and kills bear.

When the Predator is fully revealed we see him wearing a mantle made of bear fur and decorated with the bears skull and bones.

👀

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'd be game for that.  :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

That reminds me we also desperately need a classic back in the day thermal vision, the one in The Predator was horrendous.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So much to fix...

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 24, 2021, 03:02:05 PM
That reminds me we also desperately need a classic back in the day thermal vision, the one in The Predator was horrendous.

Yep, Pred's main vision should be that from P1/P2.  Don't fix what ain't broken.  Now the pred can cycle through other vision modes depending on the situation he is in like P2.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Here's a good question, does the Predator's technology advance? You could argue that the farther back we go we see the technology not as refined. Every film has made advancements in how the character carries or uses its arsenal like City Hunter has more gadgets but Fugitive's helmet is also a gun. So you could explain it as earlier versions of what we'd see later. The 5th film might have a shoulder canon like the AVP films. Kind of chunky, but since this is earlier in the timeline you wouldn't have a gun you could keep in your helmet or mount to an arm. So being a back to basics movie you could justify that because they haven't reached the point yet where they could do the things later films do.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I get what you're saying, but still they are already able to space travel to distant planets... So why wouldn't they be able to already have a weapon mounted on their wrist ?

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 24, 2021, 11:26:00 PM
I get what you're saying, but still they are already able to space travel to distant planets... So why wouldn't they be able to already have a weapon mounted on their wrist ?

It can be situational. Remember that City Hunter saw the footage of Jungle Hunter's hunt, studied it and prepared well for the hunt ahead. Jungle Hunter was very lightly equipped on his hunt and so CH must have figured out to be a bit more decked out on gear just in case for whatever he might encounter in LA. Didn't really save him, but it helped him last longer in the hunt. Even Wolf, Fugitive, and Upgrade had more decked out gear than their other counterparts due to it being a mission based scenario and not one of a real hunt. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed