Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,201 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Master on Sep 14, 2021, 08:15:35 PM
To be honest, the fact they shown us the bear suit is quite suspicious. I mean if the big reveal is Predator vs Bear they kinda blew it. I think something more is at play. What if Skulls in nod not for just one 1987 classic with Kevin Peter Hall, but actually two of them? My speculation is our protagonist will actually team up with Bigfoot to stop Alien Headhunter. Somthing like force of nature vs monster of technology with the girl as key character to solve the conflict. Anyway #TeamSasquatch 4 life.

Wouldn't that be a twist  :laugh:  That'd definitely be interesting to say the least!  Would much prefer that than the other way around, in any event.  Especially if it's a creature similar in character to the Tuunbaq from The Terror.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Sasquatch is boring honestly. Make it a Wendigo for Generation Meme bonus points. I know it's not the right tribe btw, but it doesn't have to be their monster.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 14, 2021, 09:54:53 PM
Sasquatch is boring honestly. Make it a Wendigo for Generation Meme bonus points. I know it's not the right tribe btw, but it doesn't have to be their monster.
Wendigos are a part of religions that are still used today so that's a no go

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 13, 2021, 09:32:23 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 13, 2021, 08:51:30 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 13, 2021, 08:34:01 PM
Seeing this apparel with "Skulls" Kyle is wearing makes me feel more and more that the title may remain legit. Fingers crossed!

I think it's possible they stick with that, and I wouldn't be opposed, but I also took Dan Trachtenberg's post about the title when it was making the rounds to mean that it hasn't been decided upon yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR7TOCoJc_m/

All this apparel gifted to the crew was probably set up ahead of time with the shoot.

Yeah, it could ultimately be a working title, absolutely. But... I'm also looking at it this way...

First, producer John Davis announced the movie is called "Skulls". That's the first thing John Davis says here when he's asked about a new Predator movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgA-H2h63nw

Davis wasn't asked Hey man, what is the new Predator film called? Nothing like that. Yet John Davis offers freely that the movie's title is called "Skulls" on his own accord.

Now I remember one of the Terminator sequels working title was "Vista". I wouldn't imagine a Producer coming out and saying in a pre-interview "The new Terminator film is called 'Vista' everyone!" So that's where "Skulls" became a real possibility for me.

Now regarding Dan's post, to me I view it with three possible intents... 1. to bring up old shoots like he's done in the past and the timing was coincidentally bad... 2. to let us know the title may very well change... or 3. as a reaction to everyone reporting the new Predator film title wrong as "Skull" singular because of an assuming mic drop-off and Collider breaking that title... but Dan couldn't talk directly about it.

Guess we'll see!

One concern I have with this is I think they could try to tie it in with Billy's ancestry.

IIRC, I think Billy was of Sioux origin? So there may be some revisions/redactions; but I don't think I'll be happy if they give us a backstory and tap into Billy's 'mystical/psychic' background that was touched on in the novelisation of P1.

I think it'd be a step too far, personally.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wendigo lore has always interested me. No idea if it's gonna be any good or not but I'm pretty curious about this one given some of the talent involved:

ace3g

ace3g

Crew badge from IG story.

Yeaok

Yeaok

I remember everyone kissing each other's ass after the predator wrapped. This film will show us it can get worse

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Someone leak the Predator! I'm bored.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Sep 14, 2021, 08:15:35 PM
My speculation is our protagonist will actually team up with Bigfoot to stop Alien Headhunter. Somthing like force of nature vs monster of technology with the girl as key character to solve the conflict.

I'm 100% #TeamSasquatch but that goes further than I'm prepared to commit to this excellent concept. :laugh:

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 14, 2021, 08:16:37 PM
Weird stuff has always been part of Predator, magic and other worldly senses were in the first 2 Predators for example
Billy could sense the Predator
King Willy could also sense him, and tell Harringan he wasn't from Earth

The demon!

The Thomas Brothers proclaimed their love for ancient mythology and classic literature, their adoration for creatures like the Cyclops and Grendel from Beowulf, and the Predator was in part a culmination of these creatures. The modern day Minotaur they called it. So that mythological / supernatural prism was purposely baked into the creature by Jim & John Thomas. And it's been sorely missing since Predator 2 in my humble opinion. Until "Skulls" hopefully!

Clubroot

Clubroot

@Yeaok
Its best to keep expectations low nowadays. Nothing will top the first Predator since it did everything right. I seriously don't think it can get any worse than The Predator. I mean for what it was, it was a entertaining mess of a movie  ;D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 14, 2021, 01:47:08 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 13, 2021, 10:25:42 PM
Quote from: Master on Sep 13, 2021, 07:32:11 PM
#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life 

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Q2aN4iiaibCus/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523c265951bf206104ec558a88244b649c461f29bd&rid=giphy.gif

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 13, 2021, 08:23:59 PM

I believe in #TeamSquatch.

Alright! Now we have four!

#TeamSasquatchBros Go!

Quote from: George on Sep 13, 2021, 11:16:42 PM
I can't wait to see this. I believe they're not gonna screw this up!

I'm feeling those positive vibes too my friend, something I never felt when Shane Black had the gig honestly.

I'm all in for #teamsquatch.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 15, 2021, 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 14, 2021, 01:47:08 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 13, 2021, 10:25:42 PM
#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

#TeamSaquatch Bro! ;)

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life 

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Q2aN4iiaibCus/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523c265951bf206104ec558a88244b649c461f29bd&rid=giphy.gif

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 13, 2021, 08:23:59 PM

I believe in #TeamSquatch.

Alright! Now we have four!

#TeamSasquatchBros Go!

Quote from: George on Sep 13, 2021, 11:16:42 PM
I can't wait to see this. I believe they're not gonna screw this up!

I'm feeling those positive vibes too my friend, something I never felt when Shane Black had the gig honestly.

I'm all in for #teamsquatch.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

If I remember correctly, a person becomes a wendigo after eating human flesh.
Would a predator become a wendigo (predigo?) after eating predator flesh?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 14, 2021, 10:08:55 PM
Wendigos are a part of religions that are still used today so that's a no go
Why is it a no go? It's not like there haven't been films or stories which feature religious iconography. Not trying to be blase, genuine question.

426Buddy

426Buddy

There's actually a wendigo movie called "Antlers" that hasn't been released yet, been waiting forever on that one. Also lets not forget Ravenous.

Pretty sure Wendigo wouldn't be off limits for religious reasons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed