Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,211 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 13, 2022, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 12, 2022, 11:36:39 PMIt was released in Dolby Vision and 4K in Australia right off the bat. Was great.
Ah that's it. It was in Dolby Vision when I watched it first time too... I just equate Dolby Vision and HDR so I'm guessing it's not available in one of the other HDR formats

I think when they are saying HDR, they must mean HDR10+ ( which is just another version of Dolby vision).

Unless in the USA they are still watching films in standard definition which would be crazy. Almost all content on streaming is HD at a minimum.

ace3g

SiL

SiL

Dan you drop the Predator into the first ten minutes it's not much of a surprise.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 12:48:10 AMDan you drop the Predator into the first ten minutes it's not much of a surprise.
hahaha! Exactly.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 12:48:10 AMDan you drop the Predator into the first ten minutes it's not much of a surprise.

I'd imagine the bear would have been the reveal ( which would have been awesome). He obviously tweaked it when the cat was out the bag.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Aug 15, 2022, 01:28:08 AM

I'd imagine the bear would have been the reveal ( which would have been awesome). He obviously tweaked it when the cat was out the bag.
What's obvious about it?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 02:45:42 AM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 15, 2022, 01:28:08 AM

What's obvious about it?

He himself said he didn't want anyone to know about the Predator. Given that every shot up and including that is just the Predators CGI cloaking shimmy, It's not unreasonable to think that the first time Naru see's the Predator would have also been the first time we see the Predator.

It could also be the reason we hear the Predator enter the atmosphere twice ( this bit does not really make sense when you think about it). She hears it when she's chasing the deer and then later again when we see it entering the clouds.

I doubt even the most secret of projects could have kept the Predator under wraps though.

Kradan

Kradan

Still would've been neat if they somehow managed to not put Predator in all of the pre-release material

von

von

i think he meant going in blind but yeah the surprise would only last a good 10 minutes lol

gonna assume every future film by Dan would have a predator in it

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: von on Aug 15, 2022, 10:19:37 AMgonna assume every future film by Dan would have a predator in it

Might have to keep a look out and see if the skull (cartilage? membranous tissue? whatever...) of one of these guys ends up on any future Predator's trophy wall in whatever stealth sequel Trachtenberg's up to next.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

The skull mask is unique. I like the idea the Preds/Yautja attempt to adopt dedigns that blend into the times.

I was thinking the Preds probanly preferred fighting people prior to advanced human tech, because they were more mystical and wouodn't attempt to take Pred tech for military purposes; i.e. Preds don't need the wristnuke to destroy tech with more primitive peoples who view their tech as more supernatural rather than as alien and useful for developing tech. 

pmaz11

pmaz11

I was curious if anyone could remind me of why the actor Ian Whyte hasn't been involved with any of the Predator films since AVP & AVPR?

I'm sure it's been discussed in previous threads already. But just maybe would like a refresher on the story if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed