Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 318,096 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on May 06, 2022, 10:00:39 PMI almost thought a trailer was classified when I saw this on the Alberta Canada website, lol

PR (trailer #1)   Parental Guidance   May 06, 2022   2:38   Independent

The delirium has set in. I'm getting there too!

Doomofman

Doomofman

Does a trailer need to be classified if it's not going to show in theatres?

Master

Master

I hope the wait is not long. I'm starving for some real news!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Master on May 08, 2022, 06:06:02 AMI hope the wait is not long. I'm starving for some real news!

It's always funny how that works. Right now we are in a total drought of news. It's agonizing. And then one day that will change. We will go from getting a trailer, to behind scenes vidoes, cast interviews, appearances in magazines, merchandise tie ins, etc.

At some point the scales will tip. Just gotta keep enduring. All I'm waiting for is seeing the Predator. That is literally all I care about at this time.

Kradan

Kradan

Gotta wonder how confident  they are  in it given that vacuum of information

SiL

SiL

This is, again, pretty normal.

Hollywood learned its lesson (well, lessons) about not advertising too early when some films didn't do as well as they hoped and people said they heard about the movie so long ago they didn't realise it was only just out.

These days they have very narrow windows for marketing so it's fresh in people's minds and they get more bang for their Buck. In the over saturated streaming market this is more important than ever usual results in even tighter ad windows.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 08, 2022, 03:28:28 PM
Quote from: Master on May 08, 2022, 06:06:02 AMI hope the wait is not long. I'm starving for some real news!

It's always funny how that works. Right now we are in a total drought of news. It's agonizing. And then one day that will change. We will go from getting a trailer, to behind scenes vidoes, cast interviews, appearances in magazines, merchandise tie ins, etc.

At some point the scales will tip. Just gotta keep enduring. All I'm waiting for is seeing the Predator. That is literally all I care about at this time.

Don't get your hopes up for seeing much advertising. Given it's a streaming release, it will most likely just be one trailer and a new poster. I can't think of a streaming release that has gone heavy with the promotion.

SiL

SiL

That awful Chris Pratt movie on Amazon about time travel war, The Adam Protect, Extraction - I've seen a few streaming releases get pretty intense online marketing pushes, although it does actually seem like they put more into it AFTER release than before.

Some Old Dude

Makes sense, since it's less effort and commitment to garner a click on the first month of release than it is to convince someone to rush out opening weekend.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: SiL on May 08, 2022, 10:18:54 PMThat awful Chris Pratt movie on Amazon about time travel war, The Adam Protect, Extraction - I've seen a few streaming releases get pretty intense online marketing pushes, although it does actually seem like they put more into it AFTER release than before.
Yeah that Chris Pratt movie was all over TV when it was coming out. Same with Red Notice and 6 Underground on Netflix if I remember correctly. Don't really remember seeing anything from Disney+ though (It'll be Disney+ rather than Hulu where I am) other than just general promos for the service rather than any specific movie or show

BlueMarsalis79

Gimme that trailer pls

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I find it hard to adjust to the little buildup we received to this point. You take away all the leaks and diligent research and John Davis being asked about Skulls while promoting another movie, and all we really got to chew on was the "poster" announcement and some social media posts.

Doomofman

Doomofman

On the flip side, it would have been kinda cool to just not know it was on the way until a trailer dropped

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Doomofman on May 11, 2022, 02:16:36 PMOn the flip side, it would have been kinda cool to just not know it was on the way until a trailer dropped

Or after that. Reality versus the alternative, I would have gladly gone back in time and opted for the secret Predator film Dan intended. No qualms in missing out on this particular "build up".

BlueMarsalis79

Anyday now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed