Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,871 times)

OmegaZilla

tbh I like the Predalien look at this mean motha

BlueMarsalis79

It's garbage, and now that Voodoo's not here, it has not one redeeming quality.

SiL

Voodoo not being here doesn't mean the topic has suddenly changed.

Kradan

Kradan

I think there's some reverse psychology going on, I think she's actually trying to pull him back in

I hate that movie more than the life itself, especially when some fans try to elevate it over The Predator, but it has some nice moments: Wolf's design and manneurisms, score, Predator POV scenes, sheriff I-forgot-his-name, final hustle between Wolf and Chet aaaaaand that's all I can think of from the top of my head

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2022, 01:40:46 AMtbh I like the Predalien look at this mean motha

https://monsterlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/avprpredaliengreenscreech.jpg

It's BTS pic, right ? Lighting makes me assume it's moment when Chet climbs out of the sewers into the streets

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 27, 2022, 07:05:47 AMI think there's some reverse psychology going on, I think she's actually trying to pull him back in

Couldn't be that... nooooooooo...  8)

SiL

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 06:38:08 AMVoodoo not being here doesn't mean the topic has suddenly changed.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 31, 2022, 08:10:48 AMOh you know why.

Spoiler
[close]

Okay, one redeeming quality!  ;D

For my friends who... like that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 27, 2022, 06:07:01 AMIt's garbage, and now that Voodoo's not here, it has not one redeeming quality.
wow I'm guessing you skipped the thread title here

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 27, 2022, 07:05:47 AMIt's BTS pic, right ? Lighting makes me assume it's moment when Chet climbs out of the sewers into the streets
It's a greenscreen shot (hence the background). You're likely right because the Predalien is only lit like that in the sewer bursting scene. Could be shot footage that wasn't used.

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 27, 2022, 07:05:47 AMIt's BTS pic, right ? Lighting makes me assume it's moment when Chet climbs out of the sewers into the streets
That's it. The suit wasn't ready when they started filming, so basically every shot of it on location -- the street, the diner -- was shot on a green screen and composited.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2022, 08:14:46 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 27, 2022, 06:07:01 AMIt's garbage, and now that Voodoo's not here, it has not one redeeming quality.
wow I'm guessing you skipped the thread title here

I didn't.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 08:18:09 AM
That's it. The suit wasn't ready when they started filming, so basically every shot of it on location -- the street, the diner -- was shot on a green screen and composited.

That's incredibly impressive I had no idea honestly.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 27, 2022, 08:23:19 AMI didn't.
Then your comment was p much out of topic

we're not in the rec board mate

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 08:18:09 AMThat's it. The suit wasn't ready when they started filming, so basically every shot of it on location -- the street, the diner -- was shot on a green screen and composited.
Brilliant, my predalien article needs an overhaul...

BlueMarsalis79

I always appreciate ADI's work even if I don't like what's requested of them.

I still want to see that animatronic PredAlien.

But between Johnny Lewis, the Strauss Bros and Hydraulx, maybe I should just avoid this thread because trying to be positive about this film always leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 27, 2022, 08:51:12 AMBut between Johnny Lewis, the Strauss Bros and Hydraulx, maybe I should just avoid this thread because trying to be positive about this film always leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
a good idea indeed

if you scour through this section, there are plenty of threads to diss AvPR in

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 27, 2022, 08:23:19 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 08:18:09 AM

That's incredibly impressive I had no idea honestly.

Neither did I

BlueMarsalis79

Well that's something new I like, because it's so well done I had no idea honestly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed